SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 11-19-2004, 06:34 AM
Sage Aficionado

Moving directories

I got a new hard drive and am making some changes to my directory structure. As a result, I'd like to change the directory in which my Sage files are stored. I know how to do this. My question is whether it's possible to move my existing mpeg's created by Sage into the new directory and still have them appear in Sage Recordings (I leave the recordings there for WAF reasons). Can I do this? Alternatively, if I have to import the files into Sage once they're in the new directory, is there a way to have both Sage Recordings and Imported Video show up on the same list of files when accessing recorded shows? This would accomplish the same thing for me.
Old 11-19-2004, 06:47 AM
SageTVaholic

Check the FAQ
Old 11-19-2004, 06:53 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasshopper
I got a new hard drive and am making some changes to my directory structure. As a result, I'd like to change the directory in which my Sage files are stored. I know how to do this. My question is whether it's possible to move my existing mpeg's created by Sage into the new directory and still have them appear in Sage Recordings (I leave the recordings there for WAF reasons). Can I do this? Alternatively, if I have to import the files into Sage once they're in the new directory, is there a way to have both Sage Recordings and Imported Video show up on the same list of files when accessing recorded shows? This would accomplish the same thing for me.
I believe in the 2.1 manual by Opus4 it tells you how - sorry don't remember page #. Also if you search for his posts you will find one describing this process. I've done it myself and as long as you follow the directions exactly it will keep them. Also the process works the same for 2.0 if I remember the post correctly.

As to showing up on the same list - don't think so but a search here might give the correct answer.

BobP.
Old 11-19-2004, 01:29 PM
Sage Icon

It's in the online FAQ along with many other cool tips.