SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 03-01-2007, 09:27 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
Jason/emok:

I looked into trascoding a while back (a couple of months before the Placeshifter was released).
I was looking into dynamically transcoding the mpg into low bandwidth FLV video (like Google/YouTube) using ffmpeg and serving that over HTTP into a Flash video player.

Hit a few problems, got distracted and never came back to it as the placeshifter already existed by then...
...But not for mobile.... ;->
Old 03-01-2007, 09:29 AM
Sage Aficionado

Oh, and by the way, Is it just me?

The WiKi always come back with the 'database is locked' message. What actually causes this? It's a bit annoying!
Old 03-01-2007, 11:16 AM
SageTVaholic

Wiki is broken. you used to be able to get in if you refresh a few times, but now I cannot even get in to transfer the content to another site

I have mailed the admin, but no response yet.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:45 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cslatt
192.168.1.125 is a private IP address that is only accessible from inside your home network. Your browser would be able to access it (since it is running on a computer inside your home network), but a website on the internet (like feed2js) would not. If you want to use the feed outside your local network, you'll need to figure out your external IP address and make sure the appropriate ports are mapped to your Sage machine on your router.
I know that, I do infact wish to access the webserver WITHIN my lan.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb
I know that, I do infact wish to access the webserver WITHIN my lan.
OK, I'm just saying that while you may be located inside your lan, the feed2js site is not. I went to the feed2js page and when I pasted my SageTVs RSS feed in using the local IP I got and error message and when I pasted it in using my external IP it worked like a charm. YMMV
Old 03-01-2007, 01:56 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hmmm .. sorry for the misunderstanding .. I see what you mean. Will try coming from "outside".

EDIT: Still does not make sense. If it works in a Firefox browser with 192 address, why not this script? Also it used to work using the feed2js script.

Last edited by jimmyb; 03-01-2007 at 07:16 PM.
Old 03-02-2007, 08:11 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Hmmm .. sorry for the misunderstanding .. I see what you mean. Will try coming from "outside".

EDIT: Still does not make sense. If it works in a Firefox browser with 192 address, why not this script? Also it used to work using the feed2js script.
You are using a 'private' ip number in your example... How are you coming in the 'outside' as you mentioned...

In more detail, what is your public IP rather than your private IP... I, too, have a lan address (private) that starts with 192.168.x.x, but that is not my public ip...

To make things easier for you, try going to dyndns.org and get a name that you can use as opposed to a number... I do (although I have a private domain aas well...)

-Jason
Old 03-02-2007, 08:18 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Jason/emok:

I looked into trascoding a while back (a couple of months before the Placeshifter was released).
I was looking into dynamically transcoding the mpg into low bandwidth FLV video (like Google/YouTube) using ffmpeg and serving that over HTTP into a Flash video player.

Hit a few problems, got distracted and never came back to it as the placeshifter already existed by then...
The Placeshifter for WinMo5/6 may be coming... it may not be as well. If they plan to release a version, I would be happy to test it out...

FFMPEG is a great transcoder... Unfortunately, the 'pipe' specific demands are not setup very dynamic...; ie if I access the stream with a high bandwidth feed, it should scale up as opposed to scaling down for a DSL line.

I like the ORB approach (dynamic scaling), although they use the libavcodec as well (FFMPEG/Mplayer/etc). They measure the bandwidth available and scale accordingly... it also appears that you can set the stream bandwidth specifically from within the webAPI.

I wish I could figure out the spcifics of my (Orb's) problem, as it would be a relatively 'simple' change to the server... Yohan is being quiet on the Orb forums...

-Jason
Old 03-02-2007, 10:51 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
At it's simplest, Firefox is running on your computer, inside your home network. The feed2js application is running on the feed2js web server - which appears to be in Texas - NOT inside your home network. Machines inside your home network can track down private IPs within that network; machines outside your home network can't.
Old 03-04-2007, 10:52 PM
Sage Advanced User

Small Request Neil

Been wanting to ask this for awhile now. I use and love your webserver and in particular use the remote portion. I have Sage client on a laptop and use a PDA as the remote to change channel, mute and such.

The one thing I cannot do with the remote is go back to the HOME page, the main menu. Is there any way you could add one more button on the remote to bring us back to the homepage? I know it will be out of wack with an even number of buttons, but would be a big help.
Old 03-05-2007, 05:26 PM
Sage Expert

I am using the latest version of this webserver and am having an issue accessing the URL from outside my network. I can access the site just fine on my internal network, and I have port forwarding setup properly to work to forward port 8080 to my PC, but for some reason, I cannot get to the site externally. I use dyndns.org and port forwarding on other ports and can access other services just fine (such as ftp and web).

Are there any settings preventing me from accessing this using my port forwarding? Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Works:
http://192.168.1.111:8080/sage/Home
http://<external IP address> (this is my port 80 standard web site)

Does not work:
http://<external IP address>:8080/sage/Home
(Note that I have port forwarding setup the same way as port 80 for port 8080)
Clients: 1x STP-HD300; 1x Acer Aspire Revo 3610 (Atom/Ion) w/ SageTV client (Win 7, EVR, FSE on)
Old 03-05-2007, 05:40 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LehighBri
Are there any settings preventing me from accessing this using my port forwarding? Is anyone else experiencing this issue?
Me too - exactly as you describe. I thought it was only me after updrading to the latest version and have not had time to debug, but you can count me as well.
Old 03-05-2007, 10:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LehighBri
I am using the latest version of this webserver and am having an issue accessing the URL from outside my network.
If you're running Windows Firewall, make sure there is an exception setup for port 8080.
Old 03-06-2007, 01:41 AM
SageTVaholic

Some routers use port 8080 for remote management, so you can also try using another port number
Old 03-06-2007, 08:39 AM
Sage Aficionado

Maybe there is another Mac guy that can help me with this one.

I wanted to try to stream a video away from home the other day, but the web server says I need VLC to do this. I already have VLC installed. I can't find any documentation anywhere on how to get Firefox or even Safari to realize that this program does in fact exist

Any suggestions?

Special thanks to tmiranda for making my 24h time format dream a reality. See here for more details.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:57 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Some routers use port 8080 for remote management, so you can also try using another port number
Yep, I had to use 8088.
Old 03-07-2007, 03:17 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cslatt
At it's simplest, Firefox is running on your computer, inside your home network. The feed2js application is running on the feed2js web server - which appears to be in Texas - NOT inside your home network. Machines inside your home network can track down private IPs within that network; machines outside your home network can't.

Just to say thank you cslatt! I redid the RSS java feed using public IP with port forwarded and all is working well. Thanks again fo ryour help.

Now if I can just get Neil to comment on my last request
Old 03-07-2007, 06:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Now if I can just get Neil to comment on my last request
well the webremote page is just static html and images: you can edit it yourself! (post any mods here and I will include them when I get around to a new release)

You should also be able to use the back button to go back to the main menu most of the time
Old 03-08-2007, 06:43 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Yep, I had to use 8088.
How did you change the default port? I looked at all of the .properties files in the webserver folder but could not figure out how to change the default port of 8080. Thoughts?
Clients: 1x STP-HD300; 1x Acer Aspire Revo 3610 (Atom/Ion) w/ SageTV client (Win 7, EVR, FSE on)
Old 03-09-2007, 03:14 AM
Sage Icon

It's in sage.properties, just search for 8080, you'll find it...

Make sure Sage is shut down first!
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients

Tags
web