SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 11-26-2006, 08:26 PM
Sage Aficionado

No, I only run the service and it works fine. Here is the line you need. Make sure the service is shut down before adding it :

load_at_startup_runnable_classes=net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.StartServer

You might also check your SageTV/SageTV directory and make sure it extracted properly.

also, there is already a "load_at_startup_runnable_classes=" line in sage.properties by default, just add the "net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.StartServer
" onto the existing line.

Last edited by AngelofDeth; 11-26-2006 at 08:29 PM.
Old 11-26-2006, 08:45 PM
Sage Icon

OK, I got it but I may have slightly damaged my properties file. The problem was that I missed a return after StartServer. I didn't figure it out until I'd deleted all of the line after it. I remember it was something like locator/enable\=true but that doesn't make sense does it?
Old 11-26-2006, 08:55 PM
Sage Aficionado

The next line I have is locator/enable_registration=true. I don't know if that would have been the line you messed up though.
Old 11-26-2006, 10:07 PM
Sage Icon

Thank you so much. That should be it since I don't have that line right now.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:03 AM
Sage Expert

WebGuide4?

Niel-

Been gone for awhile with the Holidays and all...

I just saw the 'announcement' for WebGuide4 (MCE Web Server...) and thought... "WOW!"

http://www.asciiexpress.com/webguide...0/Default.aspx

Recalling some of my previous posts re: streaming to a PDA/WM5 phone (Treo 700wx), it appears they are doing it!

I know that you suggested re-writing some of the webpages to 'exclude' the Javascript calls to make the resulting page WM5 friendly. As opposed to doing that, would it be feasible/possible to remove the builtin check for a supported player -> Transcode the file via Sage -> and send the resulting file via a streaming url? This would allow the device to decide what to 'do' with the URL file.

Am I oversimplifying the acts involved?

-Jason
Old 11-29-2006, 04:32 PM
Sage Icon

Errors From RSS Feed

Just upgraded to the Java 1.6 release candidate, and it seems pretty stable but...my RSS feeds from the webserver have gone tits-up.

Seeing this in the log:
Code:
[Wed Nov 29 18:34:30 GMT 2006] /sagepublic/Rss: Exception while processing servlet net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.RssServlet
java.lang.AbstractMethodError: org.apache.xerces.dom.DocumentImpl.getXmlStandalone()Z
	at com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.trax.DOM2TO.setDocumentInfo(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.trax.DOM2TO.parse(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.trax.DOM2TO.parse(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.trax.TransformerImpl.transformIdentity(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.trax.TransformerImpl.transform(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.trax.TransformerImpl.transform(Unknown Source)
	at viecili.jrss.generator.RSSFeedGeneratorImpl.generateToResult(RSSFeedGeneratorImpl.java:73)
	at viecili.jrss.generator.RSSFeedGeneratorImpl.generateToStream(RSSFeedGeneratorImpl.java:54)
	at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.RssServlet.ReturnFeed(RssServlet.java:198)
	at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.RssServlet.doServletGet(RssServlet.java:88)
	at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.SageServlet.doGet(SageServlet.java:75)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
	at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.runServlet(Serve.java:1553)
	at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.parseRequest(Serve.java:1528)
	at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.run(Serve.java:1415)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Unrelated to webserver but related to its creator, do I still need to move xerces.jar and servlet.jar from the XMLTV plugin into my current Java lib/ext folder?

Thanks as ever nielm!
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients
Old 11-29-2006, 07:02 PM
Sage Icon

Which is worse, tits-up or tits-down?
Old 11-29-2006, 07:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Tits up or down dont seem to sound too bad to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko

***RIP SageTV***
Old 11-30-2006, 03:27 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
I sometimes forget that in an international forum, daft Brit sayings might not always translate too well...
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Old 11-30-2006, 04:38 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickgillyon
Just upgraded to the Java 1.6 release candidate, and it seems pretty stable but...my RSS feeds from the webserver have gone tits-up.

Seeing this in the log:

Unrelated to webserver but related to its creator, do I still need to move xerces.jar and servlet.jar from the XMLTV plugin into my current Java lib/ext folder?

Thanks as ever nielm!
the xerces.jar that the XMLTV plugin uses is incompatible with JRE 1.6: it breaks XML writing... (one of the many reasons that I am still on JRE 1.4!)

Which xmltv plugin are you using? If it is StephaneM's then you don't need xerces.jar (actually I have a horrible feeling that it is my XMLTV multi-lineup plugin that you are using... guess I will have to fix it!)

And no, you don't need to put any extra JARs in jre_x_y_z/lib/ext: you can happily put them in SageTV/JARS

PS: tits up, is definatly worse
Old 11-30-2006, 06:14 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
PS: tits up, is definatly worse
LOL, wow, #3 on that one...
Old 11-30-2006, 06:43 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
the xerces.jar that the XMLTV plugin uses is incompatible with JRE 1.6: it breaks XML writing...
(actually I have a horrible feeling that it is my XMLTV multi-lineup plugin that you are using... guess I will have to fix it!)
It is indeed your multi-lineup one, but I can't really see a problem with it so far. I updated Java 25/11, and my guide still runs to 12/12, so it must have updated successfully since then...

My main problem is RSS feeds not working, would you expect that too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
And no, you don't need to put any extra JARs in jre_x_y_z/lib/ext: you can happily put them in SageTV/JARS
Great, thanks!
Old 11-30-2006, 07:42 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickgillyon
My main problem is RSS feeds not working, would you expect that too?
yep: as mentioned, this is because the XML (RSS is XML) writing in Java 1.6 is broken by adding the old xerces.jar. It will also break the webserver's XML output and my xml file info plugin.

XML reading by the plugin still works...

Guess its time to do a minor update of that plugin to use Java's build in XML reading instead of xerces.jar
Old 11-30-2006, 07:55 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I sometimes forget that in an international forum, daft Brit sayings might not always translate too well...
The US military has adopted this saying and usually refers to it as "Going Tango Uniform".

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 11-30-2006, 07:57 AM
Sage Icon

Sorry, I misunderstood your first post...duh.
Yes, a 1.6-compliant update would be welcome, my system seems more stable on 1.6 so far (not so many spinning logos like with 1.4). XMLTV is more important to me than RSS (which is also very useful), so I'll leave the xerxes.jar there for now...

Thanks!
Old 12-07-2006, 01:07 PM
Sage Icon

nielm

I've read through some of the posts about VLC, but still do not understand how to set it up. I'm using Firefox, with the Mozilla plug-in, but so far, that's all I've installed.

Does VLC need to be configured in any way to make it work with the Webserver streams?

All I get right now, when I try and view an MPG recording, is a blank space where the window would show up, and control buttons at the bottom.

Thanks.
Jason.
Old 12-16-2006, 05:18 PM
Sage Icon

Du'OH!!!

I feel like such a doofus!!

I've had the Webserver up and running for a long time using it locally here from time to time to check on something on the Sage server without having to physically go over to the server machine. It's worked great like that for about a year.

Early in January I'm heading home for a belated Xmas with the family up in Maine (I live in CT now) since I'm working on Xmas.
I'm going to be gone for probably a couple weeks so I figured this would be a good time to set up the remote side of the Web UI so I can do any maintenance I need to do while I'm up in Maine.

So I read through everything I can find on the Wiki and here in this thread about getting it up and running. I head over to dyndns and set up an account there, make sure the proper ports are open on the Sage server. I try to get in and get a server not found error. Come to find out I hadn't waited long enough for dyndns to get the account up.

Not knowing that yet I remembered that I needed to port forward 8080 on my router to the Sage servers internal ip, so I went ahead and did that.

After waiting a bit I could get to the server and get the username/password prompt. I kept entering the uname/pword and it kept spitting them out and putting the prompt up again.
So after more testing from the troubleshooting wiki and other messages here, alternating between FireFox and IE, and MUCH swearing, I tried logging in locally via IE where I didn't have the local uname/pword saved and I was getting the same error. Strange I thought, so back over to the server I went and pulled up realms.properties and noticed that I had capitalized the first letter of the uname in realms. DOOOOOOOHHHH!!!
I probably wasted almost an hour because of that stupid capital letter! Stored passwords are great...... right up until the time you need the password/uname and are accessing in a manner where the password manager doesn't plug it in for you.

Now if only my Mom had a high speed connection I'd have a reason to screw up a placeshifter installation.

Anyway, thanks to Nielm and everyone else for such a great tool!! It's just too bad my brain is becoming useless in my advancing age.
Old 12-16-2006, 06:46 PM
Sage Icon

A bit OT but I'm sure Wayne can relate...

Just today I had a job to put in a wireless network. Should have taken 30 mins, got there, printed out their connection settings, installed the ADSL router. 2 hours later and after quizzing the resident several times, still no connect. Two routers, several cables, hundreds of settings. His wife comes in just as I say to him "are you sure you haven't changed the password?" She says, "Didn't we change it to xxxxxx a couple of months ago?" Up and running in 5 minutes...

Some days I bl**dy hate this industry, but it's never the computers that annoy me...
Old 12-21-2006, 09:48 AM
Sage Aficionado

Potential bug? EOY issue? Possible corruption?

Hi Nielm,

Think there might be a bug. Hopefully it is a bug, actually, instead of some corruption on my side. On the "Recording Schedule" menu, I have some Java errors. Through Dec 30, it has the schedule, and after that, it has:
Code:
Exception while processing servlet:
java.lang.NumberFormatException: invalid Object
	at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.Airing.(Airing.java:132)
	at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.RecordingScheduleServlet.doServletGet(RecordingScheduleServlet.java:151)
	at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.SageServlet.doGet(SageServlet.java:75)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
	at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.runServlet(Serve.java:1553)
	at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.parseRequest(Serve.java:1528)
	at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.run(Serve.java:1415)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Don't know if it is an EOY (end of year) bug, but don't think so. Looking at upcoming recording schedule in SageTV, it DOES show two 12/31 midnight recordings. Don't know if you use epg_schedule.log, but it too has 12/31 information (through 7:30AM).

Still running SageTV v5, default STV, latest webserver, etc. If there is any other information that would help you debug, let me know, and I'll post it.

If possible, could we throw in some of the more minor additions I suggested as a holiday gift, in your newly released xmas version, while you're at it?

As always, thanks for the help!

Happy new year, hun!

--TG
Old 12-21-2006, 01:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonGal
Hi Nielm,

Think there might be a bug. Hopefully it is a bug, actually, instead of some corruption on my side. On the "Recording Schedule" menu, I have some Java errors. Through Dec 30, it has the schedule, and after that, it has:
[CODE]Exception while processing servlet:
at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.Airing.(Airing.java:132)
at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.RecordingScheduleServlet.doServletGet(RecordingScheduleServlet.java:151)
Thats really wierd: I am getting the list of scheduled Airings from Sage, then displaying them, except that one of then is not an Airing!
I cannot see anything in the webserver code that is going wrong: Do you also get odd behavour looking at the scheduled recordings in Sage?
Quote:
If possible, could we throw in some of the more minor additions I suggested as a holiday gift, in your newly released xmas version, while you're at it?
I do need to release a version with a whole load of bugfixes that jreichen has delivered (had not had time to do anything myself!)

Tags
web