SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 07-04-2006, 09:05 AM
Sage Aficionado

Can't rename show

Hi nielm,

I record lots of VCR stuff which shows up in Sage as "No Data" but thankfully with your web server I can add all the information about the recording back in. The one thing I can't do is rename the file - it states file maybe in use. I'm certainly not watching it at the time but I do run Sage in service mode - could that be the problem?
Old 07-06-2006, 08:04 AM
Sage Expert

What happened to the fallback menu?

After upgrading to the latest webserver (from an early 1 .X version), i no longer get a fallback menu on a web browser with javascript disabled (not important, just debugging), but more importantly on my BlackBerry. The BlackBerry supports javascript, but I get an "Error in menu_items.js - check syntax" with it enabled (never got that with the older version either). The text menu would be just fine for the BlackBerry, but I can;t find a way to make it show up.

Something wrong?

Thanks.
Old 07-19-2006, 11:10 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawn
After upgrading to the latest webserver (from an early 1 .X version), i no longer get a fallback menu on a web browser with javascript disabled (not important, just debugging), but more importantly on my BlackBerry. The BlackBerry supports javascript, but I get an "Error in menu_items.js - check syntax" with it enabled (never got that with the older version either). The text menu would be just fine for the BlackBerry, but I can;t find a way to make it show up.

Something wrong?

Thanks.
**IMPORTANT** If you are upgrading from a v1.x version, you must delete the following directory trees in your SageTV directory:
Acme
net/sf/sageplugins/sageutils
net/sf/sageplugins/webserver

found that on the web page http://www.sage-community.org/index....bserverInstall
deleted those two files and it worked for me.
Old 07-23-2006, 06:12 AM
Sage Icon

Some questions

First off, this plugin is awesome! Thanks for writing it! But I have a few questions. I had one of my recording drives 'disappear' at some point, and all the files on it had their associated guide data erased because Sage couldnt 'see' them. I've recovered the files, but only as imports, so I am editting the guide info for them.

1) is it possible to add HDTV icons to shows that I am adding program information for? I set the program to be from the proper channel (in this case HDNet) and saved it, but it doesnt get an HD icon, and I didnt see a place to flag the file for such icon. Maybe this could be added as a feature if it isnt there already?

2) Ok, new question for #2, when I edit a show that HAD the HD icon, to change only its Category listing, the HD icon disappears. Am I doing something wrong, or is this just how it is for now?

Last edited by Kirby; 07-23-2006 at 01:47 PM.
Old 07-24-2006, 04:12 AM
SageTVaholic

kirby:
1: No
2: it's how it is for now...

When this got written there was no way for entering the HDTV flag into Sage's db.. I think there is now, but I have not had time to update it... Sorry
Old 07-24-2006, 04:55 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
kirby:
1: No
2: it's how it is for now...

When this got written there was no way for entering the HDTV flag into Sage's db.. I think there is now, but I have not had time to update it... Sorry
No problem! This whole plugin is so damn awesome that the lack of the HDTV flag doesnt matter, and I dont save non-HDTV shows anyway, so it doesnt matter. If you ever add it, it will just be an added little bonus!
Old 07-24-2006, 05:02 AM
Sage Icon

Can I ask why shows with edited details become archived? Seems a bit strange to me, I never use archiving so I thought they'd disappeared when I couldn't see them in Sage. I then have to unarchive them to put them back where I want them...

Is it possible to make archiving optional when editing? Editing is another brilliant feature BTW, well done!
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients
Old 07-24-2006, 06:09 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickgillyon
Can I ask why shows with edited details become archived? Seems a bit strange to me, I never use archiving so I thought they'd disappeared when I couldn't see them in Sage. I then have to unarchive them to put them back where I want them...

Is it possible to make archiving optional when editing? Editing is another brilliant feature BTW, well done!
Just go read here, and use one of the 2 methods listed towards the bottom of the page: http://www.sage-community.org/index..../WebserverEdit
Old 07-24-2006, 07:23 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Editing is done by:
  1. rename file to a .tmp extension
  2. delete sage's record of file from Sages DB
  3. Add the edited Show info to db
  4. Add a new Airing for the edited Show
  5. Rename filename back to .mpg
  6. Tell Sage to Add the file as a new library file
  7. Tell Sage that this file refers to this new airing.
Step 6 will automatically make the file archived (so that Sage does not auto-delete it).

I considered adding an auto-unarchive step, but decided not to because Sage takes time linking airings to favorites. So there will be a finite amount of time when the newly edited file will not be a fave or manual record, and during that time will be a high priority candidate for deletion...

I decided it would be safer to leave it as archived, rather than risk the chance that Sage deletes it.

Also, edited files are likely to be ones that you don't want Sage to delete...

In any case, you can manually unarchive in both Sage and the webserver; and you can optionally include archived files in the Sage recordings list.

Quote:
Is it possible to make archiving optional when editing?
So, techinically yes, but it is risky. The whole editing thing is really prone to nasty things happening, hence the big warnings, and there is a big bug in there waiting for me to figure out a fix (keeping EPGID without changing Airing info leads to the file being deleted)
Old 07-24-2006, 07:54 AM
Sage Icon

That makes sense. I guess I'll hunt out that option, then it won't really matter...

Thanks!
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Old 07-24-2006, 07:55 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
..and there is a big bug in there waiting for me to figure out a fix (keeping EPGID without changing Airing info leads to the file being deleted)
You mean the physical file is removed, or just the entry in the DB? I came very close to doing this last night, almost hit update without changing anything.

What would happen if we were to manually set a file to read-only in windows, prior to editting? I'm only thinking of things I would be keeping long term. Would that help protect things?
Old 07-24-2006, 07:52 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby
You mean the physical file is removed, or just the entry in the DB? I came very close to doing this last night, almost hit update without changing anything.

What would happen if we were to manually set a file to read-only in windows, prior to editting? I'm only thinking of things I would be keeping long term. Would that help protect things?
I was able to go to the Edit Show Info page, copy the EPGID over to notepad, select Generate New EPGID, and click the Update button. This creates a new EPGID of EPext1. Then go back to the Edit Show Info page, enter the original EPGID, deselect Generate New EPGID, and click the Update button. The show will now have its original ID but will be archived.

If you want to unarchive, click Unarchive in the Detailed Info page. The show will be unarchived and set to a manual recording. As nielm said, if you want it to clear the manual recording status and have it show up as a recorded favorite you should wait a while before removing the manual status. I got back to it about an hour later and it had been reassociated with the favorite.
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.
Plugins: Jetty, Nielm's Web Server, Mobile Web Interface.

Old 07-24-2006, 09:15 PM
Sage Icon

Would this be the correct entry in my router to set up port forwarding (virtual server) on my DI-604?

Sage Webserver 192.168.0.201 TCP 80/80 always

I entered 80 as the private port, and 80 as the public port, or should it read TCP 8080/8080?

Edit.

Oh, I get "Port range conflit with "Remote Managment http Server", when I try 8080/8080...

Edit 2.

I changed it to 8088/8088.

http://localhost:8088/sage/Home from the Sage machine works, but when I check with http://validator.w3.org/, I get "500 Can't connect to ***.no-ip.org:80 (connect: timeout)

Oh, why is it trying to connect to just port 80? Is that a setup thing with no-ip?

Edit Last.

Okay, figured it out, have to use Host Type: Port 80 redirect, and type in 8088.

Thank you for all your help, geogecko, it's been nice working with you.

Thank you nielm, this is a WONDERFUL plugin. I'm surprised I'm just now using it!

Last edited by geogecko; 07-24-2006 at 09:35 PM.
Old 07-27-2006, 09:55 PM
Sage Advanced User

HDTV Questions

2 Webserver questions (v 2.8, Sage 5.04):

1. Can I search just for HDTV content using the Webserver?

2. When looking at the Grid view is there any way to add an HDTV icon for HD content?

Thanx
Snuffy2
Old 07-28-2006, 09:34 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffy2
2 Webserver questions (v 2.8, Sage 5.04):

1. Can I search just for HDTV content using the Webserver?

2. When looking at the Grid view is there any way to add an HDTV icon for HD content?

Thanx
Snuffy2
2. No. Check the post about 10 before yours.
Old 07-29-2006, 03:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Since there are a few recent posts on editing the show info I'd thought I'd take the opportunity to share a problem I've been having and see if anybody has an answer.

I have a bunch of recordings (mostly Christmas shows) made with BeyondTV that I wanted to get into Sage without having my wife have to go into the imported video section (WAF is important and getting her to understand Archived vs. normal Sage Recording was enough.) Anyway, when I edited the info for some of the shows I got an error "Error: failed setting airing on new MediaFile".

After editing all 50 or shows I noticed some very strange things such as the title of the show no longer matching the actual file on disk. (For example, "Rudolph and the Island of misfit Toys" shows up in the Archived Recordings but chosing it plays "Thomas The Train - Seasons".) An yes, I am sure I did not make a mistake during editing. Something like 25% of the editied shows end up like this.

Also, some of the source recordings are duplicated. From reading nielm's post from above it seems to me that the new copy with the updated show title and ID is created but never deleted after the editing procedure fails.

Sometimes after this failure I end up with a new archived recording that has the show name and episode changed to be just the episode name. (For example, after trying to edit "Jack Frost" to have a show name of "Christmas" and episode name of "Jack Frost" I have an imported video "Jack Frost" with an episode name of "Jack Frost".) Again, I am sure I did not type "Jack Frost" as the show name.

Anybody seen this behavior before? I'm using the latest 2.8 version, just redownloaded and installed it this AM. It's the middle of the summer but I'd like to have this fixed by December!

Edit: After poking around some more I think the problems arise when the MetaFileID and AiringIDs get scrambled. For example, I have one recording that appears both in Archived Recordings and Imported Videos. Both places reference the same file but in one case the MetaFileID=615435 and AiringID=615434 and in the other case the MetaFileID=615457 and AiringID=615460.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.

Last edited by tmiranda; 07-29-2006 at 05:42 PM.
Old 08-01-2006, 09:28 AM
Sage Aficionado

Can't access on LAN but can on Internet at work

Ok, I have seen post where people were having problems accessing this from work, but they could get it at home on the internet and their LAN. I am having the exact opposite problem. I can get to it from work, but when I pull up the same url address at home it takes a really long time to even get to the password popup. And then it timesout before it pulls up the home page. What am I missing. I have a netgear router ( a lightening strike took out my previous netgear router and a bought the same model to replace it last week).
1 HDHomeRun
4TB Storage, GB Network
2 MVPs, 1 HD100 & 1 HD300
Old 08-01-2006, 10:21 AM
Sage Icon

I think there was somewhere that said that some routers don't like having the web access coming from INSIDE the LAN, versus when you are at work, where the request is coming from the WAN.

Are you using your external IP address, or an internal IP address? (Are you using a no-ip (or similar service) to try it from home?)

When I'm at home, I just type the internal IP address, 192.168....:8080/sage/Home, and that seems to work fine for me. But, I'm also able to use my no-ip domain to do the same, without issues...
Old 08-01-2006, 10:56 AM
Sage Aficionado

I was able to do this with the old router. But since I put in the new router (same model, different version, v2 (old one) v3 (new one)) I can't do it with the url. I am using no-ip. I will try the ip address 198... this evening.
1 HDHomeRun
4TB Storage, GB Network
2 MVPs, 1 HD100 & 1 HD300
Old 08-01-2006, 11:07 AM
Sage Icon

If it's a new router it might be a different version of the software, so may behave differently. Anyway, if you're within the LAN you should use the internal IP, it'll be quicker...

Tags
web