SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 02-08-2006, 05:55 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben_95sl1
deleted the folders from the 1.X versions
I know you said this, but are you sure you deleted all 3 folders, especially the one called ACME..
Iit looks like an old version of the webserver code is being used -- the $Revision should be 1.18 -- which I think explains that 'leading servlet' message , which may also explain the 404 (MediaFileServlet is not being loaded)
Old 02-08-2006, 11:26 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
I added that in 2.6.. It is disabled by default, -- if you click Show Options in the Sage recordings view you should be able to enable it.
So you did... Never noticed that option. Glad to see it is a work in progress. That's the good news. The bad news is that it isn't working for me.

Observations:
- Sage Recordings: only place to set 'enabled'. Did. NO id's show up on sage recordings even after enabled.
- Upcoming Recordings: seems to work diff for each show. not similar performance. NONE show actual titles any more. Some show "0005 - " without a title. Some show the pure EP1900610082 info only. None seem to actually work right. Ones w/out ep id's (like sports) seem to show the playing teams fine. Ones w/out titles work as normal.
- No other screens seem to show ID information, but assuming that is with intent.

Thanks for including this one Nielm! Love this feature, and will help debug further.

Thanks again, hun! Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.
Old 02-08-2006, 03:14 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I know you said this, but are you sure you deleted all 3 folders, especially the one called ACME..
Iit looks like an old version of the webserver code is being used -- the $Revision should be 1.18 -- which I think explains that 'leading servlet' message , which may also explain the 404 (MediaFileServlet is not being loaded)
I'm that stupid guy I always make fun of....apparently I did not even see Acme at the top of the list of directories to delete because it was so much smaller. I figured I had done something wrong....when you said 3 folders, I remembered only having to delete 2.

thanks...plugin rocks, I'm a dumba$$.
Old 02-08-2006, 03:51 PM
SageTVaholic

no problemo
Old 02-08-2006, 03:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonGal
The bad news is that it isn't working for me.
Wierd... it should use show id's everywhere where a show is displayed (apart from EPG views)... the relevant code from here:
Code:
        String ep=getEpisode();
        if ( showepisodeid && ! SageApi.booleanApi("IsTVFile",new Object[]{sageAiring} ) ) {
            // from malore's menus
            //If(Size(GetShowExternalID(Airing))>=12,GetShowExternalID(Airing),"00000000000000000000")
            //If(Substring(DummyEpisodeNum, 8, 12) != "0000",  Substring(DummyEpisodeNum, 8, 12), "") 
            String epId=(String)SageApi.Api("GetShowExternalID",sageAiring);
            if ( epId != null 
                 && epId.length()>=12 
                 && ! epId.substring(8).matches("^0*$"))
                if ( ep != null && ep.length()==0)
                    ep=epId.substring(8)+" - "+ep;
                else
                    ep=epId;
        }
        if ( ep != null && ! ep.equals("")){
            out.println("         <br/>"+Translate.encode(ep));
        }
        out.println("      </a></div></td>");
-- I cannot immediately see anything that would cause what you see (unless I am being dumb).. but I cannot test this as XMLTV only gives me 8 character EPGID's and show episode ID... Any hints? It is messing up the HTML markup somehow?
Old 02-09-2006, 01:21 AM
Sage Icon

I'm seeing the same things. After taking a look I found the following:

It's excluding the episode info from the Recordings screen because of the following check in the if statement. Was this included for some other reason? If not it could be removed, or perhaps you didn't want the '!'.

Code:
! SageApi.booleanApi("IsTVFile",new Object[]{sageAiring} )
And if there is no episode it's returning a string of length 1 containing a space, rather than a zero-length string. So the following line needs the trim():
Code:
if ( ep != null && ep.trim().length()==0)
Thoughts?
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.
Plugins: Jetty, Nielm's Web Server, Mobile Web Interface.

Old 02-10-2006, 09:52 AM
Sage Aficionado

Admin screen

Are there any plans in future releases to add an admin screen to add or remove rights for specific users to download stuff.. like you can do in the realm.properties file now?
Old 02-10-2006, 10:30 AM
Sage Icon

I tried to copy a recording from my Sage server via the web interface to a different computer.

The web server reported the file as 5.18GB is size. When I clicked the link to download the file, IE reported the filesize as 800MB and that is all that was downloaded. The first 16min of the movie was great, but it would be nice to get the whole thing

At first I thought that maybe something timed out, but the initial size as reported by IE was 800MB. Does this size come from the webserver?

thanks,
Old 02-10-2006, 11:20 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I cannot immediately see anything that would cause what you see (unless I am being dumb).. but I cannot test this as XMLTV only gives me 8 character EPGID's and show episode ID... Any hints? It is messing up the HTML markup somehow?
Java not my language of love, but can pretty much figure out what you're shooting for. Can't debug it, but have some thoughts. First, some examples on exactly what it's empirically doing, I found the correlation.

When the epId is "0000":
- All titles displayed fine, if they exist

When the title is NULL:
- To the Manor Born, EP0044880003, displays "0003 - "
- Ebert & Roeper, EP3932370306, displays "0306 - "

When the title exists, and epId != "0000":
- Everybody Loves Raymond, EP1900610082, displays "EP1900610082 "
- Frasier, EP0809390126, displays "EP0809390126 "

On to comments on the code. Wish it were commented, but since not, making my assumptions as I go.

Code:
String ep=getEpisode();
I assume this variable holds the actual "title" information.

Code:
if ( showepisodeid && ! SageApi.booleanApi("IsTVFile",new Object[]{sageAiring} ) ) {
Please explain BOTH of these cases. The former I assume means "if showepisodeid enabled"? What exactly IS showepisodeid? I assume it is your boolean config variable enabled/disabled. No idea, as with the other poster, exactly what the "IsTVFile" part is all about.

Code:
&& ! epId.substring(8).matches("^0*$"))
I don't like this line at all, for two reasons. For one, I don't exactly understand the pattern match. I assume it means any string that leads w/ a 0. If I'm right, it isn't what's making this fail, but a bad assumption. I have seen shows leading w/ a "1xxx". Can't figure out why you are 'if' testing this... I like Malore's plan of saying getting the substring and comparing against "0000" for validity. If this string match means "all substring characters are [0-9] numbers", then good, it's OK. (I think that's what this means, so OK.)

Code:
                if ( ep != null && ep.length()==0)
                else
                    ep=epId;
HAS to be all bugs here. I do see multiple obvious bugs, but don't know if there are more. Will provide commentary on what I see.
1) Not sure what your 'if' test here is for. ep!=NULL already done in the outer case, no??? If the title has any length, provide the "xxxx - title" format, else just the title? Think it's backwards.
2) ep=epId is absolutely wrong. If I understand your 'if' case here, this is the wrong display. Why EVER display the raw episode ID? Ungood.

Won't critique further, as it is simply just wrong. My own guess is you want a Malore type test in here somewhere. Maybe a sub if case inside the first part. In any case, I think you have your 'if' cases messed up / reversed. Here's my version:
Code:
                if ( epId.substring(8)!="0000" )
			if ( ep.length()==0 )
                	    ep="Episode "+epId.substring(8);
                	else
Clean up the java, obviously, but here's the pseudocode:
- If the ID is 0000, then just print whatever title info exists, done
- If the title is NULL, then display "Episode ####" (#=ID) as the title
- If the title exists, then display "#### - title"

Think this is what you want, but not close to what you have. Hope that helps, Nielm. If I had more time, I'd do more work on it, but think I have it right.

Thanks for putting the effort into all this N! Love you Babe! Let me know if there's any add'l info you like. Am a thorough coder / debugger, and happy to do anything to help the cause.
Old 02-10-2006, 02:08 PM
SageTVaholic

BBCritical: 'real' user management is on the todo list

lovingHDTV: IIRC, IE has a bug that means it cannot handle large files (size > 2Gb)... Try a 'real' browser -- like Firefox or Opera.

ToonGal -- thanks for the analysis... I was being pretty dense, but I think I got the problem sorted now -- check your PM's... (comments in the code ?!)
Old 02-10-2006, 09:58 PM
Sage Advanced User

Any chance of a linux version?
Old 02-10-2006, 11:01 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekard
Maybe I should move all the linux customization threads over here too... but for now, the Linux forum section has this one you should check: Nielm's webserver works with Linux SageTV. I think you need to be sure to check the last few posts there.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 02-11-2006, 03:27 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekard
There is even a section in the webserver docs about it
Using the webserver on Sage Linux version
Old 02-13-2006, 12:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

Macs

Has anyone figured out a way to playback on a mac? In the absence of a VLC plugin for OS X I can't find a workaround.

Perhaps there is a way to get the webserver to automatically open an external player (VLC, MPlayer, etc). Any ideas?
Old 02-13-2006, 01:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulprops77
Has anyone figured out a way to playback on a mac? In the absence of a VLC plugin for OS X I can't find a workaround.

Perhaps there is a way to get the webserver to automatically open an external player (VLC, MPlayer, etc). Any ideas?
Click on one of the streaming playlist formats supported by VLC in the bottom middle detailed info window (eg WMX or M3U) and open the downloaded file with VLC...

In Mplayer, copy the link which is on the media filename and open it in Mplayer (does Mplayer do playlists?)
Old 02-16-2006, 11:09 PM
Sage Fanatic

Is this for Linux only? I installed it on my Windows XP machine, but nothing happens when I http://localhost:8080/sage/Home on my machine.

If I do http://localhost, I get the generic Windows Under construction since I have not put any web pages on my system.

I edited my Sage.properties file to have:

i18n_options=en,fr
ui/numeric_text_hint_fr_0=0\nespace
ui/numeric_text_hint_fr_accept=lecture\:\n>
ui/numeric_text_hint_fr_back=arrêter\:\n<
load_at_startup_runnable_classes=net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.StartServer

Is this correct?

Last edited by joe123; 02-16-2006 at 11:13 PM.
Old 02-17-2006, 04:15 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe123
Is this for Linux only?
no.

Quote:
I installed it on my Windows XP machine, but nothing happens when I http://localhost:8080/sage/Home on my machine.
http://www.sage-community.org/index....roubleShooting
Old 02-18-2006, 12:45 PM
Sage Fanatic

Ok, I ran netstat -a and yes, nothing is running and listening to port 8080.

I also noticed that you mention to edit the Sage.properties files. In my system under C:\Programs\SageTV\SageTV directory, I see two of these files - probably beucase they have different extensions which do not show up in my windows display.

So did I edit the correct Saget.properties files listed 2 posts above?
Old 02-19-2006, 04:18 PM
Sage Fanatic

Sage.properties

Does anyone know which Sage.properties file to edit?

The webserber instructions are not clear as to which to edit.
Old 02-19-2006, 04:25 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe123
Does anyone know which Sage.properties file to edit?

The webserber instructions are not clear as to which to edit.
There's only supposed to be one. located in program files>sagetv>sagetv

edit: saw your other post above. In the sagetv folder there is sage.properties, sage.properties.autobackup, sage.properties.default, and maybe others, depending on number of upgrades. the file you want is "sage.properties" Turn off "hide extensions for known file types" in windows to help eliminate confusion.

Last edited by ke6guj; 02-19-2006 at 04:29 PM.

Tags
web