SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 12-08-2005, 05:21 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
(rickgillyon- there is no need to edit aliases.properties in this version media files are found automatically)
Cool. I needed to (I think) to add network paths to the menu. There's probably a better way to do it, but it works...
Old 12-08-2005, 05:26 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickgillyon
Cool. I needed to (I think) to add network paths to the menu. There's probably a better way to do it, but it works...
It was needed in pre-1.6 versions, but since 1.6, if the webserver is on the sage server, it can read and serve the files directly (the filename is the direct download link. (The old aliases/paths.properties method should still work though)
Old 12-08-2005, 05:38 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
(The old aliases/paths.properties method should still work though)
It does. So if I want to put a link to a folder on another PC in the menu (e.g. \\PC2\DOCUMENTS) what format do I put it? Currently I have a line in aliases:
from=/docs/;dir=\\PC2\DOCUMENTS
and the menu just specifies "docs". Can I just refer to \\PC2\DOCUMENTS in the menu?

Thanks!
Old 12-08-2005, 07:12 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
correct -- as mentioned in the install instructions.
This is not true for webserver 2.0+ -- all the files that would have been there are in JARs/nielm_webserver.jar -- the directories above must be deleted so that obsolete files are not used..

You are using Sage v2.2 or later?

check the logs (SageTV/webserver/log/AWS-date-time.log) for any errors...

I am using Sage v4.0 and I did as the instructions indicated. The webserver did not work until I put back the deleted directories.

Also I was not able to find a log file.
1 HDHomeRun
4TB Storage, GB Network
2 MVPs, 1 HD100 & 1 HD300
Old 12-08-2005, 07:19 AM
Sage Advanced User

I deleted the directories from instructions. Added the 2.1 files and sage log gives me this message:

Thu 12/8 7:55:18.241 Loading startup runnable:net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.StartServer
Thu 12/8 7:55:18.242 ERROR Loading startup runnable extension of:java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.StartServer
Old 12-08-2005, 07:22 AM
Sage Expert

Send a message via Yahoo to cmaffia
Yep, the code is there as I expected since it was not touched after I unpacked it from the zip..... hmmm still "no page found" for all media.

I am running the webserver on the same machine as SageTV... Nielm.. is it possible with THIS version that if I am using mapped networked drives for some media (all my MP3's and photos) there is a problem?? But wait...that still wouldn't explain why the browser can't find any video which is local to the webserver... I am not using SageTV as a service....and when I delete all traces of v2.1 and reinstall v1.6, everything is working as it did for that version...... what else can I try to do to fix this?

Quote:
Check that the webserver/servlets.properties contains (should be at the end:
Code:
servlet./sagepublic/MediaFile.code=net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.MediaFileServlet
servlet./sagepublic/PlaylistGenerator.code=net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.PlaylistGeneratorServlet
Server: Dual Tuner: PVR-150MCE/PVR-250MCE/SageTV v5.02/Asus Pundit-R 2.4GHZ/512MB DDR RAM/250 GB Maxtor HD (8MB Buffer) External Seagate 400GB HD via USB 2.0/Onboard ATI 9100 using SVIDEO TV-Out/Nvidia DVD decoder/Actisys 200L IR Blaster (Dish receiver) USBUIRT (DirectTV receiver)/Lite-On 4X DVD-R/RW/Windows XP Pro SP2/Adesso Mini IR Keyboard w/integrated mouse/Tivo "Peanut" Remote via USBUIRT/Dish Network Model 301/DirectTV subscriber/Webserver Plugin v2.8
Old 12-08-2005, 07:50 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickgillyon
It does. So if I want to put a link to a folder on another PC in the menu (e.g. \\PC2\DOCUMENTS) what format do I put it? Currently I have a line in aliases:
from=/docs/;dir=\\PC2\DOCUMENTS
and the menu just specifies "docs". Can I just refer to \\PC2\DOCUMENTS in the menu?
Should be able to put /docs/ in the menu,
eg to add a new submenu item in an existing menu:
Code:
        [
   		'My Documents',
   		'/docs/',
   		{ // extra config
   			'tw':'_blank',
   			'title':'View My Shared Documents Folder',
   		}
   	],
You also need the old edits to aliases.properties...
Old 12-08-2005, 08:00 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Should be able to put /docs/ in the menu
You also need the old edits to aliases.properties...
Thanks, that's what I already have (near enough), worked it all out myself!

Works a treat, better than before as I'm not nagged for a password on every link, just thought you said I didn't need aliases.properties; I guess you mean for paths that Sage knows about, rather than for unrelated files I'm using the webserver to serve up....
Old 12-08-2005, 09:17 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by banmj
Thu 12/8 7:55:18.241 Loading startup runnable:net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.StartServer
Thu 12/8 7:55:18.242 ERROR Loading startup runnable extension of:java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.StartServer
Banj and LotusVball, you both seem to have the same problem -- Sage is not able to find the webserver code in the nielm_sagewebserver.jar file.

Check that the nielm_sagewebserver.jar got put into SageTV/JARs;
Check that the file and the directory is readable by the user running Sage;

Cannot think of anything else for the moment...
Old 12-08-2005, 09:19 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmaffia
Yep, the code is there as I expected since it was not touched after I unpacked it from the zip..... hmmm still "no page found" for all media.
what is the address in the address bar of the browser when you get the "no page found"?
Old 12-08-2005, 09:36 AM
SageTVaholic

v2.2 uploaded

New release V2.2 - Dec 8 2005
  • BUGFIX: Lots of i18n/charset handling fixes for parsing parameters in webserver code...
    Should now handle non-latin charsets perfectly
Due to above, the following are fixed:
  • BUGFIX: Favorites: adding a fave for a title with a '&',
    adding a fave for a channel with a '&',
    adding a fave with any special non-7-bitASCII characters
  • BUGFIX: Search: searching for anything with a '&' or special characters
  • BUGFIX: Edit show info -- fixed problem when special (non-Latin-1) characters (such as Accented/Greek/Hebrew/Arabic)
and finally:
  • ENHANCEMENT: improved favorite re-ordering by jumping to re-ordered favorite, numbering rows, and keeping changes out of browser history.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:01 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by alon24
Now that sage supports unicode (hebrew in my case), could u'r web server support it too?

I tried entering search strings, and I enter in Heb and u search in giberish.
also I tried changing show data to fix problems I had, and when the web server adds the data (it was hebrew before and even displayed as hebrew in the fileds), now it beciomes giberish.
This should be fixed now in v2.2... I have no idea how well the RtoL text will be displayed, but if I randomly paste some hebrew into edit file info boxes, something similar seems to be displayed in the detailed info screen...
Old 12-08-2005, 12:47 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Banj and LotusVball, you both seem to have the same problem -- Sage is not able to find the webserver code in the nielm_sagewebserver.jar file.

I will take a look at this as soon as I get home. But if I did the install as directed why would it not place these files in the proper location?
1 HDHomeRun
4TB Storage, GB Network
Old 12-08-2005, 12:53 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:

nielm_sagewebserver.jar is in the JARs directory.
Everything is readable. Thanks for your help.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:32 PM
Sage Aficionado

Download files

How do you download the mpg files from the web server?
Old 12-08-2005, 03:03 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Webserver 2.1 should still work fine on Sage v2.2, it will no longer work on Sage v2.1
Nielm's right. Works fine. Using w2k, SageTV v2.2.8, and nielm v2.2, followed the directions, and all is well. Had to refresh the page, in order to remove old cached files for it to look right, but no biggie.

(minor) BUG: SageTV recordings does not show channel logos, but only call sign letters. Pretty sure it's not me or my configuration, as this worked in v1.6 as well as v2.2 on the Upcoming Recordings section.

Haven't played around with new features yet, but the old stuff seems to work just fine. Some issue with the favorites, but nothing to report yet as it might still be me.

Sad to see none of my old req'd features made it in v2.x, but so very happy you are working on this still Nielm. Great work as always! More feedback if/when I find anything else, hun!

Keep up the good work! Debug all problems this week, because I'm out of town for 2 weeks, and LOVE this feature so much!
Old 12-08-2005, 05:00 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:

Here is what I have in C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\Jars

OK. Figured it out. If you look in the attached picture there is some old java files. I removed all except the 3 install by the zip file and restarted sageTV and it work. Thanks nielm for your help and GREAT plugin.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg webserver.jpg (63.8 KB, 246 views)
1 HDHomeRun
4TB Storage, GB Network

Last edited by lotusvball; 12-08-2005 at 05:59 PM.
Old 12-09-2005, 12:58 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotusvball
OK. Figured it out. If you look in the attached picture there is some old java files. I removed all except the 3 install by the zip file and restarted sageTV and it work. Thanks nielm for your help and GREAT plugin.
um.. Ok... I cannot explain why this might be a problem...

FYI: If you have removed jcifs.jar and jdic.jar, then you will no longer be able to browse network shares (eg when adding library directories), and will not be able to launch a browser from Sage (currently only used for TVTV EPG setup in Europe). And without nielm_sageimdb.jar, IMDB search will not work...
Old 12-09-2005, 03:41 AM
SageTVaholic

V2.3 uploaded

A quick bugfix for a nasty introduced in 2.2...

V2.3 Dec 9 2005
  • BUGFIX: Fixed bug where returning to a list of items after setting flags did not work (eg setting dont like on Search results / Sage Recordings / Recording Schedule)
Old 12-09-2005, 04:35 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonGal
(minor) BUG: SageTV recordings does not show channel logos, but only call sign letters. Pretty sure it's not me or my configuration, as this worked in v1.6 as well as v2.2 on the Upcoming Recordings section.
This can be set in the [Show Options] that appears in some of the screens -- the default is not to show channel logos...
Quote:
Sad to see none of my old req'd features made it in v2.x, but so very happy you are working on this still Nielm. Great work as always! More feedback if/when I find anything else, hun!
Some of them did (channel selector in EPG views)... Some of them are on the todo list still...

Tags
web