SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 08-25-2005, 01:31 PM
Sage User

Set Timed Recording frequency...

Is there a way to set up a timed recording via the web server that can be scheduled for a daily or weekly reoccurance?

I am doing a project that takes a educational video feed (via satellite downlink) from Bob Jones University so the EPG is a wash. I have to schedule the recordings (classes are broadcast each day at the same time) one at a time. I have Cayers 17 STV installed and it gives me the option of once, daily, weekly but this does not seem to be the case in the web server.
Old 08-25-2005, 01:44 PM
SageTVaholic

it's not implemented in the webserver, sorry
Old 08-26-2005, 05:04 PM
Sage Aficionado

The webserver was working on v3.07 (upgraded from v2.2.8). However, I just uninstalled sage v3.07, and Java v1.4.2_08 due to some lock up issues and re-installed it. It put SageTV by default (which I didn't notice) into c:\program files\SageTV\SageTV (not Frey Technologies)... I reinstalled the Java v1.4.2_06 (bundled with Sage) and placed the servlet.jar file into /bin/ext as per installation instructions. Webserver directories (v1.6) were also copied into proper places, and I checked settings in Sage.properties file.

Now I can't get the webserver to work again. When I try to access the webpage, I get a HTTP 400 - Bad Request error. Any hints as to what I could be doing wrong? Could it be the directory change?
Old 08-28-2005, 03:03 AM

Hello,
looks like the download source (wiki) is down.
Are there any direct links for the download of the web interface available?
Thank you,
Roschi

Last edited by roschi; 08-28-2005 at 03:10 AM.
Old 08-28-2005, 03:11 AM
Sage Icon

Looks like Nielm's using up all the servers diskspace with his amazing imports!

Code:
[Errno 122] Disk quota exceeded
Old 08-28-2005, 11:42 PM
Sage Advanced User

nielm,
The source code stuff on the wiki seems to be broken.
All the machines that I am interested in using for watching shows have the f: drive mapped to my sage dir. Is it possible with the current 1.6 build to use the config files so that the file link for a recording spits out a actual path url to the .mpg file so I can start watching without doing a download of the whole file first. I tried pasting the text that appears on the file link and it will work as it is. Is there a way to make the file path listed there the url target, as opposed to the http://sageserver.com/sage/MediaFile...=XXX&Segment=0 url?

edit:
Ah, I see your notes about linking directly to file://blah links. I presume that is what you would need to do to accomplish what I am talking about above?

Last edited by sundansx; 08-28-2005 at 11:44 PM.
Old 08-29-2005, 07:43 AM
Sage Expert

Send a message via AIM to ErsatzTom
The wiki problems were my fault. I have a backup script that runs every night but the old ones weren't getting pruned. The wiki is back up but the source code control still needs to be fixed.

t
Old 08-30-2005, 01:14 PM
Sage User

Need help

I just upgraded from v1.1 to v1.6 due to some of the new features. The main one being Editing of show info. When ever I click on the [Edit Show Info] for a file it takes me to a 404 error. Also I am not getting any channel logos, only red X's. Can someone point me in the right direction to start solving these issues.

*Edit* Never mind me, I reinstalled the web server and now everything is working fine. Hehe should have tried that first before posting.

Last edited by Dooms_Day; 08-30-2005 at 01:29 PM.
Old 08-31-2005, 12:22 AM
SageTVaholic

I'm brand new to this thread. I already have a web server running (IIS) which I use on this machine. Is there a plug-in which does remote web scheduling that takes advantage of WinXP's already built-in web server? I can only access port 80 from work; so having 2 web servers isn't possible for me.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 08-31-2005, 01:22 AM
SageTVaholic

No there is no such plugin...

I dont know whether you can configure IIS to proxy requests to sage webserver, but there are still several workarounds:
If the pages you server via IIS are static, you can serve them via the sage webserver anyway
Or run a proxy on port 80 proxying to both servers...
Old 08-31-2005, 06:18 AM
Sage Aficionado

Still having no luck getting the webserver running again (see post 563). I set my port to 8087 (instead of default 8080). If I point my browser to this port, I get the HTTP 400 - Bad Request error, any other port and I get a HTTP 440 - Not Found error.

Can anybody help? I haven't had time to try to reinstall Sage into it's old directory, but maybe I am barking up the wrong tree...
Old 08-31-2005, 07:49 AM
Sage User

Have you confirmed that the web service is running using netstat -a

details on

http://www.sage-community.org/index....roubleShooting

You could try placeing the serverlet.jar in the jars folder in sagetv i think this is where ver 3 stores the java executables.

I think i ended up with a copy in each folder i'm not sure which one sage is using.

Are you accessing the server locally or remotely?

JJ
Old 08-31-2005, 07:50 AM
Sage Expert

Send a message via Yahoo to cmaffia
In sage.properties, there are several entries you must edit to get this working. I am at work and can't remember the exact lines but I know that you have to bind to the IP address of your SageTV PC. If you using a router, you need to assign port 8087 to that IP address as well. Also you have to add the line that loads the webserver plugin (that is your first step) I found Nielm's instructions are pretty well documented in order to get it up and running. I actually got it working on the first attempt.

I also noticed that if you use any other port other than 80, that you NEED to include http:// (in the browser address)

For example:

10.1.1.23:8087/sage/home - does not work for me, however

http://10.1.1.23:8087/sage/home - works and I don't know why.

when port 80 is used then

10.1.1.23/sage/home - works!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangriotis
Still having no luck getting the webserver running again (see post 563). I set my port to 8087 (instead of default 8080). If I point my browser to this port, I get the HTTP 400 - Bad Request error, any other port and I get a HTTP 440 - Not Found error.

Can anybody help? I haven't had time to try to reinstall Sage into it's old directory, but maybe I am barking up the wrong tree...
Server: Dual Tuner: PVR-150MCE/PVR-250MCE/SageTV v5.02/Asus Pundit-R 2.4GHZ/512MB DDR RAM/250 GB Maxtor HD (8MB Buffer) External Seagate 400GB HD via USB 2.0/Onboard ATI 9100 using SVIDEO TV-Out/Nvidia DVD decoder/Actisys 200L IR Blaster (Dish receiver) USBUIRT (DirectTV receiver)/Lite-On 4X DVD-R/RW/Windows XP Pro SP2/Adesso Mini IR Keyboard w/integrated mouse/Tivo "Peanut" Remote via USBUIRT/Dish Network Model 301/DirectTV subscriber/Webserver Plugin v2.8
Old 08-31-2005, 07:53 AM
SageTVaholic

I use IIS for ASP. Plus, I don't think I can depend on a java web server instead of IIS.

I already have a lot of things running on this machine. Adding a second web server + a proxy service is a bit too mcuh.

I think it makes much more sense to use the web server that's already included with XP.... just like the way MCE 2005's Webguide works.

http://asciiexpress.com/webguide/

Too bad...

Thanks anyway.

-Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
No there is no such plugin...

I dont know whether you can configure IIS to proxy requests to sage webserver, but there are still several workarounds:
If the pages you server via IIS are static, you can serve them via the sage webserver anyway
Or run a proxy on port 80 proxying to both servers...

***RIP SageTV***
Old 08-31-2005, 08:06 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I think it makes much more sense to use the web server that's already included with XP.... just like the way MCE 2005's Webguide works.
It would mean getting ASP to talk to Java, which would be a pain... as it is I presume nielm can run the web server within the same JVM as Sage and so simply have access to all the Sage classes.
Old 08-31-2005, 08:21 AM
SageTVaholic

Since this plug-in is much smaller than IIS, it makes much more sense to make changes in the plug-in to use IIS in the next version.

I can understand if everyone still used Windows 95, but things have changed since then... just my 2 cents.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 08-31-2005, 08:39 AM
Sage Aficionado

If the pugin can currently run in the same JVM as SageTV, then as I say it has direct, immediate access to the Sage API. If you try and run it in IIS it doesn't. That means you have to come up with some way of getting ASP (or .net, or whatever it is you are running on IIS) to talk to Sage - which is complicated. At any rate, it's more complicated than just running the webserver in the Sage JVM, which is easy. We're talking about a third party freeware application here; of course he's taken the simple route. After all, lots of people run XP Home so can't have IIS on their machine (or at anyrate, can't without doing a bit of hacking!). And then there are people like me who want to run a separate Java application server like Tomcat; last thing I want is to be running IIS.

As nielm said, you might be able to set something up that routes the request to the appropriate server depending on the format of the URL - so http://yourdomain.com/sagetv/**.* always gets sent to the SageTV webserver port while all other requests are sent to the IIS server.

For the future - if nielm is feeling up to it he could expose the Sage API as a SOAP service via Axis or something similar. Then anyone could write a front end in anything (ASP, a thick client app in VB, you name it) and talk to their SageTV server; you could write a front end in ASP that talks to the SageTV JVM over SOAP so that you could use IIS to give you access.
Old 08-31-2005, 08:56 AM
Sage Aficionado

On second thoughts, not sure if SOAP is really a terribly good fit; pretty slow way to access an API, and quite a pain to expose avery API call you need. Other than that the options would be to write a JNI (Java Native Integration) interface, and I really don't know how that would work - JNI is not something I've ever played with - or a bridging solution that would do it for you. Which are all payware. Can't say any of the options are terribly attractive.
Old 08-31-2005, 12:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
If the pugin can currently run in the same JVM as SageTV, then as I say it has direct, immediate access to the Sage API. If you try and run it in IIS it doesn't.
Got it: it *has* to run in the same JVM/process as SageTV *because* it needs access to the SageTV API...

I am unlikely to rewrite it in Soap, but one of the plans was to make every page have an option to spit out XML, which would allow other front end... Sadly I have no time...

Ah well, with this plugin, you get what you pay for (and PS: it adds a few hundred KB to the memory used by Sage, so it is not exactly heavyweight!)

cmaffia: IE cannot cope with port numbers if you omit the HTTP part...

mangriotis: never seen a 400 error... it means that your browser is sending a request the webserver cannot understand..

Check you are not making HTTP requests after having configured SSL encryption (if you don't know what this means, you probably have not configured SSL!) Or check you are not making HTTPS requests to a unencrypted server... Cannot think of much else, sorry
Old 08-31-2005, 06:54 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmaffia
I also noticed that if you use any other port other than 80, that you NEED to include http:// (in the browser address)

For example:

10.1.1.23:8087/sage/home - does not work for me, however

http://10.1.1.23:8087/sage/home - works and I don't know why.

when port 80 is used then

10.1.1.23/sage/home - works!
This is due to the way the browser handles internet protocols. See, it already knows that port 80 is an HTTP protocol, so you don't need to include HTTP when hitting port 80. Likewise, if you give it an FTP address (ftp.mydomain.com), it knows to use the FTP ports, and not 80.

When you tell it to hit port 8087, it has no idea what protocol to use. Thus, you need to specify HTTP.

Tags
web