SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 07-29-2005, 02:39 PM
Sage Icon

I've seen the built in EPG info in sage (zap2it) update after it has been DL'ed, even for previously recorded shows.

For example, it will sometimes record the second showing of "the tonight show" or "the late show with conan" as a generic episode, and then after the recording, update with the actual episode info.
Old 07-29-2005, 04:47 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I assume that when you changed the start/end time that there were no overlaps?
Right, before there was an overlap, sage then shows "no information"... I changed the xml file and forced an epg update, but no luck. So I will do a timed recording and then edit the info with the webserver.

Using SageTV 7.1.9, Java 1.6.0_24 Win7 Home Premium on an
Asus M4N78-AM Mainboard, AMD Athlon II X2 215, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD, 2xTechnoTrend S-2400 as Network Encoder (LM DVB Smart Recorder), ATI Radeon HD 3450 with analog TV-Out on good old CRT TV (100Hz)
My avatar shows the world's best composer!!!
Old 08-08-2005, 04:09 PM
Sage User

Nielm,
Your Webserver is great. It is one of the reasons I abandoned BeyondTV and came over to SageTV. The fact that you can immediately schedule a recording remotely was the final straw. In your spare time (right!), I’d like you to look into a couple of improvement (in my eyes).

Would it be possible to simply click anywhere in the “entire box” of a specific show on the epg to schedule a recording, instead of clicking directly on the title of the show?

Also, I love the feature that shows the show description in a “tool tip” when hovering inside the box. But, when you hover over the show’s title, only the time and show name appear. Would it be possible to see the show description when hovering over the show’s title?

By the way, the IE bug (back in post #532) of only supporting CSS :hover on <a> tags hasn’t been fixed in the IE7 beta.
Old 08-08-2005, 11:15 PM
Sage Expert

Feature Request

I would like to have a favorites manager on the WebServer. Perhaps also the ability to at least get a comprehensive view of all the favorites on one or two pages to make re-adding them possible.

I have some shows that still show padding where it is not supposed to be. I have re-installed (everything but the wiz.bin, which is of'course where that info is stored), and still can't get the padding removed. If I am going to be forced to redo wiz.bin, I need a way to print out what I have for each favorite. That would make adding them back easier.

There are 60 some favorites and so for those of us with large lists like that, having a way to manage the favorites with the webserver might come in handy.
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy
Old 08-11-2005, 12:36 PM
Sage Aficionado

Feature request

Two more features I'd like to request adding to my last post for outstanding changes.

1) A configuration file, mapping call stations to URLs, is easy to create. I'd imagine it to be of the format:
HBO,http://www.hbo.com

With this file, for entries that have a call sign (i.e. "HBO"), have a clickable link on the station number, call sign, and/or call sign graphic.

2) A week schedule for a particular station on a page, columnar across the top by day of the week and rows with time of day

Looking forward to your next version, N. This is the best part about SageTV vs. Tivo and any other 'competition'.
Old 08-12-2005, 11:16 AM
Sage User

nielm,

Great work... I installed last night within minutes and was viewing, scheduling from another room last night... Love it!

Is it possible to make the search settings stay the same until you change them to another setting? I wanted to look only at the pay channels and see what was on... I like that I can select all of them by choosing 999 channels and I like that I can choose 500 thru 800 channel numbers and I like that this filter lasts until I go to another area... but It would be nice for me to have that saved in cookies so that the next time I come in it would make my filters persistent...

Sorry if that has been asked before...
Old 08-12-2005, 12:38 PM
SageTVaholic

The channel list (in fact all search options) is part of the search address, so you just create a new menuitem/shortcut containing same URL as the search, but remove the SearchString argument so that it does not do a search, just displays the cutomised options as default...
You can also change sort options and result size in this way

http://mediaserver:800/sage/Search?s...one&pagelen=50
Old 08-16-2005, 03:40 PM
Sage Icon

does anyone know of a program-if at all possible that will let me connect to my home computer by dialup? The problem is that my home computer connects to the internet by dialup so I guess it would have to dial in and somehow have the modem pick up. Not even sure if this is possible but this is probably the only way i can use this cool webserver.
thanks
Juc
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 08-16-2005, 06:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

Is it possible to install the webserver on a remote computer? I'm running apache webserver on another computer and wouldn't want to compromise the security on my pvr system by opening and forwarding another port.
Old 08-17-2005, 12:17 AM
SageTVaholic

Webserver runs 'inside' a SageTV or SageClient process, so you would either need to run a SageClient on the webserver, or a web proxy to forward requests to the PVR. Either way you need to open another port.
Old 08-18-2005, 02:33 AM
Sage Advanced User

I've read that it works with SageTV 3. Is this true?
Old 08-18-2005, 02:36 AM
Sage Advanced User

yes
Old 08-18-2005, 02:38 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1972
I've read that it works with SageTV 3. Is this true?
Yes. It seems to at least for me. I just scheduled some stuff from work today. I wish there were a search option though so that I could easily search for a show. It's a darn nice app.
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy
Old 08-18-2005, 03:10 AM
SageTVaholic

Search option: righthand most menu: "Program Guide", "Search EPG".

Last edited by nielm; 08-18-2005 at 03:31 AM.
Old 08-18-2005, 02:25 PM
Sage Expert

Wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
Search option: righthand most menu: "Program Guide", "Search EPG".
I'm impressed with this thing. Great job with the Webserver. Thanks for that Neilm.
-- Snoopy
Old 08-18-2005, 02:29 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
does anyone know of a program-if at all possible that will let me connect to my home computer by dialup? The problem is that my home computer connects to the internet by dialup so I guess it would have to dial in and somehow have the modem pick up. Not even sure if this is possible but this is probably the only way i can use this cool webserver.
thanks
Juc
to quote myself---what a shame---bump
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Old 08-21-2005, 11:06 AM
Sage Advanced User

Dial-up to home computer.

So you want to call up your home computer and have it make a PPP connection with the call that is dialing in, and you want that computer your calling home from to provide that PPP connection? I don't think that this is going to be possible. Or maybe you are asking neilm to rewrite the web server so that it doesn't work over the web, but rather serves text over a zterm connection.

The only way I can think of to do this that even makes any sense is to set up your home to auto answer the phone with some kind of zterm session, and if it receives a command to connect, it hangs up the current connection waits 30 seconds and then dials your ISP.

I don't believe that there is a way to tell a remote computer to initiate a PPP link from a computer by calling it from another computer, but that's kind of what your asking for. You might have a lot better luck searching on more modem, internetcentric web sites. IIRC, there used to be a way to ring a modem and if you let it ring twice, it would do a call back to a set number. You know, maybe you could configure you computer/modem to dial your ISP if the phone rang twice and then the caller hung up. That might be possible.
Old 08-21-2005, 02:52 PM
Sage Icon

Couldn't he just set up dial-up networking on a computer on his hime network to answer the phone. He should have a PPP connection and the modem would be assigned an internal IP address from his home network at that point. This would allow him to use IE to open the Sagewebserver site across the PPP connection.
I am short on the details as its been a long time since I've used Windows DUN (Cox Internet Rocks!) but I'm sure this can be done in roughly this manner. I used to do this kind of stuff myself years ago.
Old 08-22-2005, 11:50 AM
Sage Icon

hmm, thanks for the options--i will look into it a little further on other boards, if anyone has any experience please chime in or PM me. --FYI-i was looking to dial my home number and either have the modem answer, or somehow have it dialup to my internet provider somehow. I guess it is one of the drawbacks of living in the boonies.
Thanks
JUC

Old 08-23-2005, 12:00 AM
Sage User

I did post a long time ago about accessing with a dial-up connection and I don't remember all the details but I could find my old bat files if this sounds like something you want to try.

I wrote a couple of bat files, one to dial-up and one to disconnect. I used the windows scheduler to dial-up at 3pm and then disconnect at 3:30. I then used Logmein (free) service to connect to my PC and schedule shows, etc. It is not the greatest or most flexible solution but, since I'm a classroom teacher, i wasn't really going to access my machine before 3 anyway.

Let me know if you want more details.

Tags
web