SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 05-17-2011, 10:00 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by andypitt View Post
It would be a lot neater if I could tune with one command and would give me a similar scenario to a matrix switch
I don't know the proper URL using the web server, but you are looking for something like:

Code:
API sageApi = new API(this.context);
MediaPlayerAPI sageApiMediaPlayer = new MediaPlayerAPI(sageApi);
sageApiMediaPlayer.ChannelSet(channel);
TbSageTV (1.02)/STVRemote (1.11): Monitor/control SageTV with a PlayBook 2
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad
Old 05-17-2011, 10:25 AM
Sage User

Thanks,

I am wondering if I can do something similar via sagex or failing that re write everything using the tcp server
Old 05-17-2011, 02:16 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Thanks,

I am wondering if I can do something similar via sagex or failing that re write everything using the tcp server
yes you should be able to do the same thing with sagex with its remote capabilities... iirc something like this
Code:
sagex.api.MediaPlayerAPI.ChannelSet(channel)
Check out TVExplorer
Old 05-17-2011, 04:46 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by davephan View Post
My SageTV web application works fine on my LAN but I cannot access it when I am away from my home. I setup port forwarding for port 8080 to my SageTV computer. I suspect that the web application is probably being blocked by the Windows 7 firewall. Are their anymore ports to open in the router? How do I open up the Windows 7 firewall for the SageTV web application?

Dave
I am having this same problem. It used to work fine but all of a sudden it doesn't. I am a network expert and can't even figure it out.
Old 05-19-2011, 03:12 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
yes you should be able to do the same thing with sagex with its remote capabilities... iirc something like this
Code:
sagex.api.MediaPlayerAPI.ChannelSet(channel)
Hi

I have tried the following url via a web browser:

http://localhost:8080/sagex/api&c=Ch...t=0023a500051f

but I get the following message.

HTTP ERROR 404

Problem accessing /sagex/api&c=ChannelSet&1=2&context=0023a500051f. Reason:

Sage Handle: api&c=ChannelSet&1=2&context=0023a500051f not found!
Powered by Jetty://

All other commands for requesting data etc work and return xml formatted data, although I receive similar messages for any type of media player command such as PlayPause for example.

What am I doing wrong?

Andy
Old 05-19-2011, 05:39 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
What am I doing wrong?
I'm not seeing the MediaPlayerApi referenced in that call...
TbSageTV (1.02)/STVRemote (1.11): Monitor/control SageTV with a PlayBook 2
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad
Old 05-24-2011, 04:35 PM
Sage Icon

You need a question mark after 'api' rather than an ampersand.
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.
Plugins: Jetty, Nielm's Web Server, Mobile Web Interface.

Old 05-25-2011, 06:43 PM
Sage User

Thanks I will try this when back from my holiday
Old 06-03-2011, 08:23 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podmodder View Post
I am having this same problem. It used to work fine but all of a sudden it doesn't. I am a network expert and can't even figure it out.
I figured out the SageTV web browser problem with Windows 7, 64-bit. The SageTV web browser now works from the local LAN connection or away from home. The problem was the Windows 7 firewall. I found the configuration parameters that needed to be changed in the Windows 7 firewall. I also opened the ports 8080 and 31009 in the Windows 7 firewall. I don't know if this last step is necessary. I ran out of time at the sister in law's house where I was testing the connection. I was going to try disabling the incoming port 8080 and 31009 rules, but did not have time. I made the firewall changes to my SageTV computer using a LogMeIn remote connection and tested the SageTV web connection from the sister in law's computer.

Here are the steps:

Make sure that ports 8080 and 31009 in your router are forwarded to your SageTV computer's private IP address.

Select "Control Panel", "Windows Firewall","Turn Windows Firewall on or off". In "Home or work (private) network location settings", Uncheck "Block all incoming connections, including those in the list of allowed programs". In "Public network location settings", uncheck "Block all incoming connections, including those in the list of allowed programs".

I don't know if this is necessary. I also opened the two ports in the Windows 7 Firewall for inbound traffic. "Window Firewall", "Advanced Settings", "Inbound Rules", "Action", "Create New Rule". I created two new rules to pass incoming ports 8080 and 31009.

Then check SageTV Placeshifter. Select "Setup", "Detailed Setup", "Server", "Configure Placeshifter Internet Connection", "Configure", "Test Placeshifter Connection". The result of the test should report that the connection test was successful.

Check your connection from a computer away from your home with your public IP in a web browser using the url: <public ip>:8080/sage/Home

Before I unchecked the two checkboxes, I just tried disabling the firewall and that worked too. When the Windows 7 firewall was not opened up,the Placeshifter test failed.

Dave
Old 06-04-2011, 10:25 PM
Sage Icon

re Windows firewall...
As a residential user, I turn off windows firewall, and place my trust in my router's configuration. I'm 'net savvy, and watch what ports are opened. My WiFi is secure. I have no hackers on my LAN.

I do let MS Security Essentials run to scan incoming stuff from the Internet.

Anyone see a flaw in this logic?
Old 06-17-2011, 03:07 PM
Sage Advanced User

Need Help Setting Up

Hey guys,

Had to do a complete reinstall of my HTPC after about 3 years of solid performance, and in doing so had to (naturally) reinstall Sage and all of my plugins. Good news is that it's nice and clean now... bad news is that I can't get my Web Interface configured.

I installed both the Web and Mobile interfaces, but even after reading through the WIKI I cannot find anywhere in the sage.properties file that lists

nielm/webserver

Did this change in the more recent releases? As I said, I haven't had to do a complete ground up build in a LONG time. Where can I find the spot to change/set the PORT and UID/PWD for the web interface?

Anyone? Tried reading through the faq and this thread, but can't find what I need... A little help?

Thanks!
Gregg
Old 06-21-2011, 04:26 PM
Sage Advanced User

Bump... anyone? Please don't tell me that this thread won't get updated and this plugin supported because of the Google acquisition on the weekend....

Is there anything else that I need to do other than download and install the Sage WebUI from the plugin repository? I simply get a "cannot find page" when I try to connect to the WebUI.

I also have the BMT WebUI installed, and can connect to that just fine...

Anyone?
Old 06-21-2011, 04:58 PM
Sage Advanced User

Wow... that was quite a painful ordeal... LOL

I actually went through all of the jetty files looking for neilm_webserver and finally started tracing the paths back to where the properties were.

In my "old" setup, I had BMT and WebUI set to different ports, which is why I did not even think about what the problem was, and why I could not connect after my rebuild.

Once I was able to sift backwards and saw that the WebUI and BMT were pointing at the same "realms.properties", I simply tried changing the port number in my WebUI address and BOOM! Connected again.

So I'm golden at this point... still waiting for final word on how Jeff made out.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:37 PM
Sage Icon

Glad you got it working. This is the thread for running the web UI on V6, there's another for V7 if you have another problem you can post there.

In V7, nielm's web UI runs on the Jetty web server as do the mobile web ui, BMT, SRE, etc so they all use the same port number. The port number is configured in V7's Plugin Manager. Go to the Jetty plugin's configuration and set it from there. Then restart Jetty from that screen or restart Sage.
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.
Plugins: Jetty, Nielm's Web Server, Mobile Web Interface.

Old 06-22-2011, 03:51 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreichen View Post
Glad you got it working. This is the thread for running the web UI on V6, there's another for V7 if you have another problem you can post there.

In V7, nielm's web UI runs on the Jetty web server as do the mobile web ui, BMT, SRE, etc so they all use the same port number. The port number is configured in V7's Plugin Manager. Go to the Jetty plugin's configuration and set it from there. Then restart Jetty from that screen or restart Sage.
Um... yeah... right.... . you think the thread title would have given that away... sheesh... more coffee, more coffee... LMAO!! Thanks J!

ps - until this morning, I didn't even KNOW that there was a jetty config option in the plugin...
Old 09-30-2011, 06:40 PM
Sage Aficionado

Trigger Rescan Of Media Files

Im Running Web server interface and I want to externally trigger the rescan of the medial library through a batch file when I download a file. Is there a way to do that?

Thanks

Technazz
Old 09-30-2011, 08:34 PM
SageTVaholic

You can use wget

Code:
C:\wget\wget.exe --delete-after --tries=3 --directory-prefix="C:\wget" "http://user:password@servername:8080/sage/GlobalCommand?command=UpdateMediaLibrary"
Old 05-09-2012, 11:51 AM
Sage Aficionado

Password

If anyone is still looking at this thread, Can you tell me where to find the password for the web admin? I rebuilt my computer earlier this year and forgot about this app. Now I have the shortcut back on my desktop I don't remember my logon and password or which file it is stored in and of course I did not write it down any where.
Thanks
Wayne
GIGABYTE B560 HD3 MB | Intel I5 6 core CPU | 500 GB WD SSD system drive | (2) 2TB Western Digital SSD drives pooled | 16 GB DDR ram | UHD 630 on board graphics| Win 10 64 bit | SageTV 9 | (5) Sage HD TV extenders | (1) HDHomeRun quad tuner HD OTA | (1) HDHomeRun Dual tuner HD OTA | (2) 1512 HD-PVR2s recording from 2 Dish Network VIP 211K's with Uirt ir control | MX-700 Home theater remote | 60" LED TV | (4) 32" Lcd TV's
Old 05-09-2012, 11:58 AM
Sage Aficionado

username -sage
password -frey
Old 05-09-2012, 11:59 AM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via ICQ to Fastrack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubledose View Post
If anyone is still looking at this thread, Can you tell me where to find the password for the web admin? I rebuilt my computer earlier this year and forgot about this app. Now I have the shortcut back on my desktop I don't remember my logon and password or which file it is stored in and of course I did not write it down any where.
Thanks
Wayne
Code:
InstallDir\SageTV\webserver\realms.properties

# top level user:password
SageTV Web Interface=/sage,
Tuners: HDHomeRun v1, Hauppauge HVR1600
Video: BenQ W5000 1080p, ASUS ATI 6670
Storage (10TB): Seagate 2TB, Hitachi Coolspin 2TB x 4 Data Drives + 2TB x 2 Parity Drives using FlexRaid 2.0 (RAID6 T2+)
SageTV: 7.1.9 Final ?

Tags
web