SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 11-13-2004, 12:51 PM

Watching multiple live TV sources

Newbie question here -

My goal is to have 4 windows open on a PC with a different NFL game playing live in each, watching all of this from my couch via an LCD projector. Basically, a dream sunday.

Can I accomplish this with Sage TV and a PC with 4 tuner cards connected to 4 DirecTV boxes?

Any suggestions on the most cost effective tuner cards to accomplish this?
Any other software needed?

Thanks for the help.
Old 11-13-2004, 12:58 PM
Sage Icon

Although I haven't tried it or heard about it, theoretically at least you should be able to have let's say have one instance of SageTV running as a Server and 3 SageTV Clients running provided you have the licences.....
Old 11-13-2004, 01:05 PM
Administrator

Some info on viewing multiple videos with multiple clients:

2 clients, 2 monitors, 1 pc?

There are other links in that thread.

Also, media_player_uses_system_volume - what does it do? mentons a way to make sure each client has separate volume control.

You would use SageTVClient for this & you can run multiple instances of the client on one PC with a single license.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-13-2004, 01:10 PM
Sage Fanatic

I'd think you would end up with a considerable overload of the computer if trying to run 4 software decoders at the same time. Also, there may be problems with trying to use the same decoder multiple times. Not saying it can't be done though.
Old 11-13-2004, 02:14 PM
Sage Icon

This is my Sunday. I've taken a different approach then using multiple sage clients. I have SageTV record each of the games. I then use WMP and opent each file directly off the hard drive and play it that way. I don't use FF/REW or anything on the projector. I just have 4 windows going with 4 games projected.

Then I have the TV playing the "Eagles" Game via another tuner which allows me to rew/ff etc.. It makes for a good Sunday.

Oh, btw, stock the cooler with beer and put it next to the couch so the only break needed is a bathroom break.
Old 11-13-2004, 03:09 PM

Funny, I am also an Eagles fan!

Thanks for info, would love to learn more about your setup - I'll shoot you a PM.

Lou