SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 11-17-2003, 12:24 PM
Sage User

Thank you Dan!! Tell me more about the partition, I must have missed that some where?? I am using your trial period and only have about 5 more days left. So far this is exactly what I am looking far and it really does what is need.

Can you answer another question also please? I can not get Dolby Digital to pass thru or should I say out put. I am using Power DVD with Sound Blaster 6.1 sound card. If I just use Powerd DVD it works fine I have all sources set to SPDIF but just can not get it to work. I have select Cyberlink selected as DVD video source in Sage and SB selelcetd as Audio in DVD> ? Can you please help I have read a lot of threads but have not been able to find a soultion?

Thanks Bruce
Old 11-17-2003, 02:06 PM
Sage Fanatic

bruce, are you trying to output DD via spdif or through the 6.1 analog outputs of the card?

i'm not sure if sage will support analog out in digiyal surround but will support the bit stream pass through provided you have a registered copy of power dvd, winDVD etc.

if the software isn't registered it won't pass the bitstream only analog pcm.

if you want to use a free codec to pass the DD bitstream (won't work for DTS) then download ac3filter from sourceforge.net install and select default sound renderer in the dvd menu.
Old 11-17-2003, 02:28 PM
Sage User

Thanks, GbrNole

Yes I just want to pass the digital signal and let my surround processer decode it! I have a licenced Version of Power DVD. Power DVD alone passes the DD no problem and My receiver aknowledges that is it receiving the DD signal.

I will try the download you suggested this has been very fustrating I really love what Sage has going here.

Thanks Bruce
Old 11-17-2003, 06:00 PM
Sage Aficionado

"SageTV is a true PVR application which always records and gives you the ability to pause live TV and record what you are currently watching. There is no way to stop recording Live TV. This is just the nature of the technology, sorry"

I Think most of us have come to realize that live recording is a necessity, its the implementation we have a problem with. Its Just not NEAT!

Absolutley correct that with 64K block sizes fragmentation is not a problem, however Sage will happily use 100% of your available HD for recording whatever was on at the time if you let it. I realize that SAGE will remove these files automatically but its still not neat .

This may be just my opinion (but I doubt it) I think your customers dont want to SEE all those recordings....as I said.. its not NEAT.... its NOT wrong or bad programming etc ....its just a ergonomic thing that I think the VAST majority of people have made their opinions clear on.
Even if it were all stored in one "temp" file (one stream) it would be MUCH improved.

Of course you can choose to listen or not
Old 11-17-2003, 11:04 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally posted by dkardatzke
The most efficient way to use SageTV is to put it to sleep when you are not using it. That way it will continue to record but it won't think you are actually still watching live TV like a TiVo does.

Sleep is accessible from the Main Menu or just link it to the power button on your remote or a keyboard keystroke. To restore, either right click on the SageTV icon in the system tray or hit Power on your remote.
Yes but this is rather unprofessional. I highly doubt my wife would get this. She'd see the windows screen and figure it "crashed" or worse yet she would not put it back to sleep and then everything all day long would get recorded.

Is there some technical reason why you couldn't keep the current functionality as is but do the following:
1) set a flag "save file" at the start of the LiveTV timeshifting recording. This flag would be set to FALSE at the beginning of the LiveTV Recording.

2) If at any time during the show a human pushes the record button (mouse, keyboard) then the "save flag" would be changed to TRUE.

3) At the end of the LiveTV recording, check the "save file" flag and either leave the file "TRUE" or delete it "FALSE".

I would think this should be a pretty casual change to your code and would make a whole lot of people very, very happy.

Carlo
Old 11-17-2003, 11:08 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally posted by Opus4
To prevent recording live TV... don't watch live TV. Any time you start watching live TV, it _will_ be recorded, until you put SageTV to sleep. (Might be nice if it stopped recording live TV if you are at a menu screen when the current show stops... and if there has been no input for quite some time.)

You can always simply have SageTV record only what you tell it to record by just setting your favorites & manual recordings w/o using the Intelligent Recording option.

If you want live TV w/o it going through the recording process, simply watch straight through your TV w/o going through SageTV.

- Andy
I'd do this but one of the reasons I purchased SageTV & Client (besides mutli-tuner) was for the ability to run the Client on my notebook and be able to watch TV anywhere (wireless) in the house or garage (where I smoke). So by using this unique feature I'm probably hurting myself in the other regard.

Carlo