SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 10-30-2004, 02:49 PM
Sage User

Searching in Video Library

I am using Sage 2 and found it is one of the best programs! I setup all of my files and created folders for my avi videos. I created info.my files for each avi file. I know you can search and browse by category for TV shows and the Jukebox can search by artist or title. Is there any search options for the Video Library? I checked around and could not find an option for it. Am I missing something or Sage does not offer this option. Many thanks.

Irantzu

PS I am currently running Nielm's STV with Sage
Old 10-30-2004, 06:30 PM
Sage Icon

If you are referring to the Imported Video Library then no there is no option for this.
Old 10-31-2004, 04:07 AM
Sage User

Yes.. I am referring to the Imported Video Library.. Thanks for your reply. I can search everywhere else so I thought that I was doing something wrong. I think it would be helpful if there was an option to do that.. Any future plans to include that option?

Irantzu
Old 10-31-2004, 07:24 AM
Sage Icon

What type of searching do you want to do? The issue with imported videos is that there is NO show information on them. So there really isn't much to search on.

Carlo
Old 11-03-2004, 02:44 PM
Sage User

I was thinking about searching by title. Maybe some additional information could be added in the info.my to include genre,etc. They searching via this information. It would be nice to have if possible.
Old 10-16-2005, 10:08 PM
Sage User

Sorry to revive a dead topic, but I would really like to have this functionality.

Filename based searching would be great. Like a "File Name contains:" search.

This is actually a really vital bit for me considering I have about 200gigs of anime and lots of movie back-ups on a networked drive, and, so far as I know, SageTV doesn't find folders underneath network folders. As an example, when I add my Anime folder, nothing shows up, but when I add a folder for a specific show, the files for it show up. Considering I literally have thousands of files, this is sort of impractical for my needs. Is a file name based search possible? About 99% of all my files are named for their show, so this would be about the most useful function I could have for SageTV.

Also is there a way to get SageTV to read subfolders off of a network location?
Old 10-23-2005, 11:22 PM
Sage User

For anyone who was wondering, I got myself an acceptable solution. (hope someone else can use it)

Using mapped network drives, I can get SageTV to display netowrk subfolders as normal file folders and use them properly. While by filename/folder name searching would still be helpful, this is a good way for keeping my huge file sets in order.

Now when my WinTV-PVR-USB2 gets here, I can get down to boogying with SageTV. Thanks for making awesome software.
Old 10-24-2005, 12:38 AM
Sage Aficionado

I would still love to see filename search in imported video in V3.
Is there such hope?
Old 10-24-2005, 05:25 AM

As far as I know only SageMC has this functionality.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:53 AM
Sage Advanced User

Funny thing is that if you add a favourite recording and you seach by title to add the favourite that the search does include titles from the imported video.
(this is in the 3.11)

I submitted an error log for this as I don't think you want this when adding a favourite. Imported videos will not be aired I think.

Jan