SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2004, 04:28 PM
Sage Expert

mlbdude:

Surely you must be getting ready to release another progress alpha. I keep checking daily to see if anything new has been posted but, sigh, not yet. Even a small incremnetal update would be a nice bone.

DFA
Old 11-17-2004, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFA
mlbdude:

Surely you must be getting ready to release another progress alpha. I keep checking daily to see if anything new has been posted but, sigh, not yet. Even a small incremnetal update would be a nice bone.

DFA
Sorry guys no updates planned yet. Have been swamped at work. Next update will not very exciting anyway. Will include some transformation in the setup area.
Old 11-20-2004, 03:29 AM
Sage Expert

I just got my MVP running with this STV on it.
The jukebox is really hard to navigate with just a remote as you can't easily skip through to say the S's. It takes forever to scroll down through all the MP3's (I have about 40 gigs worth).
Are you going to be coming up with a solution to this? even a 'search' feature would be good for now.
cheers man. Keep up all the hard work!!!
Old 11-20-2004, 09:11 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukmgranger
I just got my MVP running with this STV on it.
How would one do that?

-Watter
Old 11-20-2004, 11:29 PM
Sage User

Quote:
How would one do that?
See the following post.
http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...ead.php?t=8035

David
Old 11-21-2004, 02:33 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgage
Wow... how did I miss that? I thought I followed these boards pretty closely. Thanks for the link!
Old 11-21-2004, 06:53 AM
Sage Advanced User

mlbdude,

I've never used MCE so I can't comment on how much of the UI design is original versus your own custom UI design. However, I have to say that this UI is delightfully useable! Not only is it easy on the eyes but it's simple to use! I believe that it may finally pass the wife test!

Some users may have already made the following comments. The only place where the UI seems at all awkward is the occasional navigation that takes one to an OriginalV2 screen. For example, when playing a song, "Album Details" currently navigates to a Sage Original screen. I'm guessing that this is just a TBD. Seriously, though, lovely work!
SageTV Client, Shuttle SN41G2V2, Athlon 2500+ XP Barton, 512MB RAM, 40GB HDD, ATI9600 128MB, Linksys 802.11g, Win XP Pro, Sonic decoder
SageTV Client, Shuttle SN41G2V2, Athlon 1200, 512MB RAM, 40GB HDD, Linksys 802.11g, Win XP Pro, Sonic decoder
Old 11-21-2004, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleight42
mlbdude,

I've never used MCE so I can't comment on how much of the UI design is original versus your own custom UI design. However, I have to say that this UI is delightfully useable! Not only is it easy on the eyes but it's simple to use! I believe that it may finally pass the wife test!

Some users may have already made the following comments. The only place where the UI seems at all awkward is the occasional navigation that takes one to an OriginalV2 screen. For example, when playing a song, "Album Details" currently navigates to a Sage Original screen. I'm guessing that this is just a TBD. Seriously, though, lovely work!
Most of the OrigionalV2 menus are planned on being replaced. In fact the one you mention is already . I am hitting them based on a most used/most needed basis. For example, I will probably not touch the setup wizard until last (if ever) since it is only needed for initial setup.

Once I get a little time off from work (4 day weekend coming up and they can't make me work it!) I will release a new version. I hope to have the following items in there for anyone interrested:

Music Search
Setup Menu / Detailed Setup
Add Recording (kind of cheated that one a bit so will be improving it)
New Icons for various show flags (second try )

Even though MCE does not have a menu to list all the recording conflicts, I will probably add one. The main intention of MCE is that series shows will be recorded based on their priority in the list. It is simple that way, but even with MCE I have forgotten to look and missed something.
Old 11-21-2004, 07:37 AM
Sage Advanced User

You're killing me, man. I have a whole week off and was girding up to spend much of that time banging on STVs. Now that I've seen this one, I'm not sure that I see much left...

Although the wife did manage to crash SageTV Client by hitting the 10 second forward button on a particular screen of a DVD that didn't support fast forward. I swear, someone should hire this women to be a software tester. If anyone can find a way to use a piece of software in an unusual and frequently incorrect fashion, it's my wife.

I love how software works wonderfully when you stick to the happy path. The real test, of course, is when you do something wacko that the architect/designer/developer never intended for any sane individual to try.
SageTV Client, Shuttle SN41G2V2, Athlon 2500+ XP Barton, 512MB RAM, 40GB HDD, ATI9600 128MB, Linksys 802.11g, Win XP Pro, Sonic decoder
SageTV Client, Shuttle SN41G2V2, Athlon 1200, 512MB RAM, 40GB HDD, Linksys 802.11g, Win XP Pro, Sonic decoder
Old 11-21-2004, 11:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Can I report a bug?
if so
you have to hit display UI while watching a DVD to navigate the windows
I have to hit it after every selection to get the up, down, right, and left keys to move on the DVD screens

Thanks
Old 11-22-2004, 04:07 PM

Some problems with sagemc...

Hi!

Firstable I wanna say that your work is really amazing! Never seen such a good skin for any pvr software.

But I have some problems using it:

1) The fonts seem to be somehow too small in comparison with your screenshots.
2) In the Live TV Guide I have some strange "true" and "false" as prefix and postfix to the show-names. Also the descriptions of the shows are nearly all missing - i am using xmltv plugin if this can be somehow complicated.
3) In Live TV and in every other section that has epg i have the info on the top - but two times - and one won't go away after the time which is set for the osd to disappear. i expected one info bar hiding after the timeout for the osd - but i got even 2 and 1 of it remains visible.

I copied the .stv and the SageMC folder to my OriginalV2 folder and changed the Sage.properties to ...STVs\\OriginalV2\\SageMC.stv

Thanks for help!

tuhde
Old 11-22-2004, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuhde
Hi!

Firstable I wanna say that your work is really amazing! Never seen such a good skin for any pvr software.

But I have some problems using it:

1) The fonts seem to be somehow too small in comparison with your screenshots.
2) In the Live TV Guide I have some strange "true" and "false" as prefix and postfix to the show-names. Also the descriptions of the shows are nearly all missing - i am using xmltv plugin if this can be somehow complicated.
3) In Live TV and in every other section that has epg i have the info on the top - but two times - and one won't go away after the time which is set for the osd to disappear. i expected one info bar hiding after the timeout for the osd - but i got even 2 and 1 of it remains visible.

I copied the .stv and the SageMC folder to my OriginalV2 folder and changed the Sage.properties to ...STVs\\OriginalV2\\SageMC.stv

Thanks for help!

tuhde
1. Try removing all instances of fonts from your properteis file (ui/xxx_font).
2. Could be an XMLTV thing. You are using SageTV 2.1?
3. No idea .
Old 11-23-2004, 01:46 AM
Sage Advanced User

tuhde:
i bet you use 2.0.20 and not 2.1; had the same issue with 2.0.20; sageMCE is designed for 2.1 using also the new features.
Old 11-23-2004, 08:14 AM
Sage Expert

Any idea why some album art doesn't show up in this STV? If I revert to nielms STV the album art is there (as folder.jpg in albums dir or as embedded album art).

Also is there a way to stop the text resizing in the guide? if I move onto a film in the guide the text becomes tiny to try and cram it all into the space. It would be much better if the text just stays one size.
Old 11-23-2004, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukmgranger
Any idea why some album art doesn't show up in this STV? If I revert to nielms STV the album art is there (as folder.jpg in albums dir or as embedded album art).

Also is there a way to stop the text resizing in the guide? if I move onto a film in the guide the text becomes tiny to try and cram it all into the space. It would be much better if the text just stays one size.
Right now the STV follows the same rules as the OrigionalV2 for music album covers. However, if it is not looking for a folder.jpg if it does not have it embedded I will add that.

The text should not be resizing. I have not noticed it. I will make sure it is set not to.
Old 11-23-2004, 10:50 AM

I'm such a jerk ....

no comment on my dumbness - sagemc works just fine with stv2.1
Old 11-23-2004, 12:39 PM
Sage User

sleep problems

I am using sagewake for power management and have noticed that when a video finishes it doesn't actually close the file, it stops at the last frame and the computer will not go to sleep until I either put Sage to sleep or I stop the video. It goes back to the main menu and in the lower left preview box I still see the last frame there. Is there any way to set it so that when a video finishes it stops it? Thanks.
Old 11-23-2004, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebrizo
I am using sagewake for power management and have noticed that when a video finishes it doesn't actually close the file, it stops at the last frame and the computer will not go to sleep until I either put Sage to sleep or I stop the video. It goes back to the main menu and in the lower left preview box I still see the last frame there. Is there any way to set it so that when a video finishes it stops it? Thanks.
Doing that caused Sage to crash at times so probably not. I would just recommend using the Stop command to close the file.

EDIT: Also, in the next version I am planning on having the MCE full screen stop menu come up when playback is finished. There is no preview on that menu. In that case it would work like the OrigionalV2.

Last edited by mlbdude; 11-23-2004 at 01:45 PM.
Old 11-23-2004, 04:05 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Right now the STV follows the same rules as the OrigionalV2 for music album covers.

Are the rules for the music album art the same as for dvd art as I'm also having trouble getting all art to show up, even though all my music is structured in th same way eg

artist
---->album
----------->01.mp3 etc
----------->folder.jpg
Old 11-23-2004, 04:37 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbennington
Are the rules for the music album art the same as for dvd art
I just answered you in your other (older) thread. Album art has to be embedded in the mp3 file, as you saw in the manual, unless someone handles album art differently in a custom STV.

Edit: What I wrote above is wrong. It appears that v2.1 can also use folder.jpg files as album art thumbnails. See music jukebox folder.jpg.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.

Last edited by Opus4; 11-24-2004 at 04:44 AM.
Closed Thread