SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2004, 02:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
If you can resize the disk ones he did that would be great. I just don't want to use anything with wording on it.

Sorry I haven't been to active on that of late. I'll have some time tomorrow. I can resize the icons all to 30x30 pixels from the original Photoshop files I created. That way they'll be the best possible quality.
Old 11-11-2004, 04:37 PM
Sage Expert

Just a quick bit of input. I LOVE the MCE stv, the only thing that I would change at present is the progress bar when video or tv is playing. Is the current progress bar the one which will be final? I know one of the previous releases had a nicer progress bar, this one just seems too block for me.
Just my 2 cents
Patrick
Old 11-11-2004, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowdx42
Just a quick bit of input. I LOVE the MCE stv, the only thing that I would change at present is the progress bar when video or tv is playing. Is the current progress bar the one which will be final? I know one of the previous releases had a nicer progress bar, this one just seems too block for me.
Just my 2 cents
Patrick
I actually have only done this one progress bar. It will be the final one.
Old 11-11-2004, 05:12 PM
Sage Aficionado

Mlbdude,

Getting back to you with regard to delete and IR. Delete wasn't there and then, after I restarted the computer, it was. So I have no clue since I cannot repeat the problem.

Lain
Old 11-11-2004, 06:27 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
I actually have only done this one progress bar. It will be the final one.
HUM, must be confusing it then, have you seen the Meedio progress bar? It is very neat and still give all the info. At present the times on the progress bar are overlapping the beginning of the bar itself?
Patrick
Old 11-11-2004, 08:43 PM
SageTVaholic

mlbdude
I did all the icons
I have been using the blue watched icona dn new Recording and Conflict icons
but other than that I have not tested them
but the sizes I used should work well

I can make the disc icons 25x25 if needed but 30x30 looked fine
I am included all of them
I think the recording and conflict icons are much improved hopefully you can make use of them
Attached Images
File Type: jpg blue watched icon.JPG (67.9 KB, 317 views)
File Type: jpg new recording conflict.JPG (68.6 KB, 294 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip SageTV Icons Improved and for SageMC by pcuoco.zip (117.0 KB, 204 views)
Old 11-11-2004, 11:53 PM
Sage Advanced User

kny3twalker,

Those look good. You preserved them well.

mlbdude, I redid some of my originals natively as 30x30, and created some alternative versions as well. Between kny3twalker versions and these I hope you find some that work with your vision.

Edit: Whoops, forgot the attachment. It's late.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 30x30_icons_for_SageMC.zip (19.9 KB, 214 views)

Last edited by pcuoco; 11-11-2004 at 11:56 PM.
Old 11-12-2004, 12:06 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to mikejaner
Speaking of the progress bar. Can you make it do that semi transparent trick with overlay, like on some of the other STVs? I too can't wait for your next release. This is the most WAF friendly STV yet.
Old 11-12-2004, 02:17 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
kny3twalker,

Those look good. You preserved them well.
that was just phototshop resize but thanks
not quite on the level as what you are doing

the old icons I made/fixed/resized for mlbdude's old STV was much more work
Old 11-12-2004, 11:05 AM
Sage User

conflict notification

this is a fabulous stv!

I didn't see where/how conflict notification/resolution is done... any help would be appreciated.
Old 11-12-2004, 02:27 PM
Sage Icon

A problem that i have been having lately: when I am recording one of my 'favorites' and then want to change the channel to something else mid show, I get an error not letting me (i am at work and don't have the exact error--sorry). This is for a 1 tuner system mind you. The only way I can change a channel is to shut sage down, restart, stop the favorite and then it will pop-up the window asking me what I want to do. The conflict pop-up will not show the first time and only gives me an error. Any thoughts?
thanks
JUC
Old 11-12-2004, 03:02 PM
Sage Expert

mlbdude:

Fantastic. It's nice to see several alternate STV developements with very different philosphies driving the developement besides just features. A strong, WAF-orientated developement is much needed.

I very much like the structure and labeling. Very intuitive. Very clean. First class and extremely professional looking. Mucho kudos. Keep the revisions coming!

Regards,
Dane

Last edited by DFA; 11-12-2004 at 03:07 PM.
Old 11-13-2004, 05:22 PM
Sage User

Great Job!

I've been using mlbdude2 ever since the early versions, and I thought that was really good....until I tried your latest alpha of this one. Great job! Everybody in the house immediately appreciated the clean look and intuitive flows. Thanks for taking the time to put these STVs together!
Old 11-14-2004, 07:03 AM
Sage Icon

mlbdude,

Just wanted to say that 4.6 looks real good and doesn't seem to have a lot of problems....

I know you're not really taking requests but I do have two things that would sure make it perfect.....

1. There's no indication that there's a recording conflict unless you're actually looking at the recording that won't be recorded. I only found a confict becuase I still had another STV loaded before loading SageMC. Maybe you're planning a little icon and a conflict menu, but haven't got there yet....

2. Please, please add salblsts Weather Suite. I've been exclusively using SageMC for a week now and I find myself switching back to another STV just to see Weather Suite.

Thanks for all the work!

Stacy
Old 11-15-2004, 12:37 AM
Sage Expert

I'll plead for WRS as well. I also think that WRS is pretty WAF. Got to know how the kidlets need to be bundled for tommorrow.

DFA
Old 11-15-2004, 07:05 AM

WRS is on the list but I admit it is pretty low on the list. My family and I just don't get into the weather stuff.
Old 11-15-2004, 08:40 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via ICQ to remmy925 Send a message via AIM to remmy925 Send a message via Yahoo to remmy925
You live in Melbourne and dont get how convenient checking the weather immediately on a summer day can be? Just two words for you mlb "afternoon storms". :P I could drop out of tv and use a browser...but having it in sage is soo much easier. Oh, and dont forget the sudden cold fronts that change the weather from 80 to 60 in one day. We live in a state where mother nature rules everything around us.
Old 11-15-2004, 09:08 AM
Sage Fanatic

I agree with the request for weather info as well. I am in Tennessee and we are always checking the forcast for rain or how cold it will be getting during the week. That is the only other thing that seems important to me for an HTPC besides TV, movies, photo album and music library. Either way, the SageMC is my favorite stv so far.
Old 11-15-2004, 10:20 PM
SageTVaholic

if you add weather
please use your old one or similiar mlbdude
not the huge hard to navigate one
it looks pretty but long waits and hard to use + plus locks are not worth it
Old 11-16-2004, 12:42 PM
SageTVaholic

I was board over the weekend so I decided to give this STV preview a shot and damn was I impressed. I love the clean look and feel. I also love how simple the "other programs" menu is. I was able to toss in Cayers DVD ripping functionality in like 10 seconds.

The only two things I miss are comm skip (once you have it you never want to go back) and episode title names in the recording menu. It doesn't help me to have a huge list of buttons that say "Gilmore Girls" with the dates they were recorded. The only information I care about is...

Show Name - Episode Title - Firstrun Status - Watched status. (I got used to episode number in Malores skin, but I can even live without that)

With those four pieces of information on the buttons I can scan a whole list of information visually with out having to put the curser on each one to see what the heck it is.
Closed Thread