SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 11-09-2004, 07:44 PM
Sage Icon

When doing Delete Orphan Files it appears it is hard coded to look for the silent.vbs in the SageTV dir?

I installed the STV, et al, in my client directory which I made "Frey Technologies Client\SageTV". Of course the server IS installed in the default "Frey Technologies\SageTV" dir.

Either it is getting confused because there really IS a "Frey Technologies\SageTV" dir, or it is hard coded.

Really it should look in the SageTV dir that goes with the path it is ran from.

Make sense?

Jason Bottjen
Old 11-09-2004, 07:53 PM
Sage Fanatic

Unless he comes up with some other way of doing things, for now open the menu.xml file and look for the lines pointing to the silent.vbs location and edit them.

There's a couple other things also that need to be edited in that file if you are not running from drive C as well.
Old 11-09-2004, 08:45 PM
Sage Icon

This is something I could spend a few hours on and create file that resides in the Cayars directory. It would automatically read the properties file to find all of your video directories and then do things as normal.

It's on my "wish list" and not my current ToDo list simply because the file never changes so any updates I put out don't affect it. It of course would remove one step from the installation.

Then there is the issue of the running this from a client computer. With the batch file approach you can adjust your local copy of the file to match your server, while the automatic approach would strike out since the video folders wouldn't be in the properties file.

plus and minus to each approach.
Old 11-09-2004, 09:48 PM

How do I access malore-style recordings menu ?
Old 11-09-2004, 10:05 PM
Sage Fanatic

Think Detailed Setup -> Recording Shortcut -> Malore may be what you're looking for.
Old 11-10-2004, 04:14 AM
Sage Expert

i have a problem, when im in the wrs weather side, i cant go back. is this a bug?

i use only a mouse on my sage client. it is more better as a remote controll for me.

cu
DIBU
Old 11-10-2004, 06:03 AM
Sage Icon

I fixed this issue with the back button once already in a previous release. I had two STV I was bounding back and forth between while testing. I guess I fixed it in the "wrong" one.

Do me a favor and let me know if there is a problem with the "back arrow" on any other screens. This is pretty easy to fix so it will be in the next update.
Old 11-10-2004, 06:19 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
I fixed this issue with the back button once already in a previous release. I had two STV I was bounding back and forth between while testing. I guess I fixed it in the "wrong" one.

Do me a favor and let me know if there is a problem with the "back arrow" on any other screens. This is pretty easy to fix so it will be in the next update.
when i click the back arrow in wrs, then change the menu for forcast..and so. i dont came back. when i click the right mouse button then comes a menu over in the top with close, but i can click in this menue

cu
dibu
Old 11-10-2004, 09:55 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
Testing this with version "E" I didn't have any problems. I tried it from a Client and from the Server. I'm assuming when you say adding or removing channels you're talking about adding or removing the "GREEN" dot in front of the channel?

Can anyone else confirm if this works or not for them???

Works for me in "E".
CPU: P4/3.0EGHz 800M 478P/1MB HT CPU cooler: ZALMAN CNPS7000A-CU RAM: 512MB Corsair XMS Extreme DDR400 Video: Sapphire ATI Radeon 9600 256MB 128bit 8XAGP Tuner: Hauppage PVR-250MCE HD: Seagate 7200 200GB, Maxtor USB2 120GB Optical: STB: DishNetwork VIP211 TV: Sony WEGA KV-36FS100 (s-video) Apps: SageTV 4.0.0.56 w. Hotspot JVM 1.5.0_02,
Remote: MX-500 with USB-UIRT and Girder
Old 11-10-2004, 10:10 AM
Sage Icon

Ok, I'll show my ignorance here.

When I right click on a menu, and select to REMOVE that menu item. It does so correctly, which is cool.

However, if I close Sage and reload it, the menu item is back there again.

Shouldn't these settings save?

Jason Bottjen
Old 11-10-2004, 10:13 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonJoel
Ok, I'll show my ignorance here.

When I right click on a menu, and select to REMOVE that menu item. It does so correctly, which is cool.

Shouldn't these settings save?

Jason Bottjen
They should _if_ you click the "Save menu definition file" after making the change. Otherwise I believe it would only be temporary and change back next time you start SageTV.
Old 11-10-2004, 10:16 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonJoel
I added a big 'remember to save your changes' message to the dialog for Adding menu items -- guess I forgot it on the removal prompt
Old 11-10-2004, 11:09 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hi Carlo,

What are the odds you might be able to add a simple "play album" function to the built-in music library or some way to play an album (or even an entire artist library) without being forced to create a playlist, add stuff, and play the playlist.

I would personally really like an easy way to just play whatever strikes my mood.

My understanding is that mlbdude has something like this in this Media Center look-alike, so that might give you an idea, but I don't want to give up the flexibity in your STV for now...

Also, on a related note, Sage 1.4 had a genre listing. Is that still in the "core"? If so, could it reappear?

My dream: play an artist, album, track, or genre without creating a playlist. :-)

thanks!
Old 11-10-2004, 12:27 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIBU
when i click the back arrow in wrs, then change the menu for forcast..and so. i dont came back. when i click the right mouse button then comes a menu over in the top with close, but i can click in this menue

cu
dibu

I noticed this as well. If you click on the back mouse icon in the upper left nothing happens but if you click just to the right of it, it will take you back.

HC
Old 11-10-2004, 12:59 PM
Sage User

I installed ffmpeg, and still can't get compress to work. Which thread should I refer to in order to get compression working with the menu item in this STV?
Old 11-10-2004, 01:43 PM
Sage Icon

Doh! I knew I was missing something.

Now to find where the 'save your settings' button is.... Heh
(EDIT: Nevermind, I found it right on the menu.. DUH!)

Jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
I added a big 'remember to save your changes' message to the dialog for Adding menu items -- guess I forgot it on the removal prompt

Last edited by JasonJoel; 11-10-2004 at 07:31 PM.
Old 11-10-2004, 03:19 PM
Sage Expert

Quick question:

Getting ready to install Cayars STV and observed this file name in the Java extensions zip file: "commons-httpclient-2.0.2.jar". Is 2.0.2 a reference to previous Sage version 2.0.20? I suppose there is no update needed for Sage 2.1.10 but just wanted to be sure there was not a later generation "jar" file.

DFA
Old 11-10-2004, 03:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFA
Getting ready to install Cayars STV and observed this file name in the Java extensions zip file: "commons-httpclient-2.0.2.jar". Is 2.0.2 a reference to previous Sage version 2.0.20?
nope -- a reference to: the latest stable version of the jakarta commons httpclient library... http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/ht...nt/status.html
Old 11-10-2004, 05:29 PM
Sage Expert

DOH!
Old 11-11-2004, 03:16 AM
Sage Expert

Hi:

Couple of things:

1. Under ".....\Detailed Setup\Enhancements\Local Weather Zipcode" when opening the dialog to enter / change zipcode, 2-tone solid blue backgrounds are missing. Just a small cosmetic thing.

2. Under ".....\Detailed Setup\Internal\Schedule Text File", functionality does not seem correct. The default path is not entirely viewable in the box (not the problem). I opened it up as if to make a change expecting to be able to view the current, whole path within the dialog box. Nothing was displayed in the dialog box (the default path was not displayed). I hit "Esc" to cancel but the default path was deleted like an "enter" was received instead and accepted the null value from the dialog box.
What is the default path since I did not know what it was initially and it is now gone?

3. Path to browser is hard coded. Everything in my Windows installations are rearranged more to my liking. No "C:\Program Files" directory even exists. All applications including MS's reside in "D:" drive. IE resides in "D:\Internet\IE". Prefered browser resides in "D:\Internet\Mozilla". Is there anyway to change browser path and even browser executable name? I'm the rare one for this.

4. There is purple text displaying drive space values over the top of the intended drive space text within the box. I have disabled the mini-guide in favor of the full guide and may be occurring for this mode only.

Thanks so very very much for the tremendous work and documentation. I like the flexability to pick and choose what you want (i.e., never cared much for the mini-guide).

EDIT: Note that these observations were also made while in VMR9 mode, 3D Accel enabled. I imagine that trying to review for errors is getting rather difficult with all the possible permutations and regression testing not really possible due to time constraints.

EDIT EDIT: Forget about item #3. I found the IE path and executable statement in "menu.xml" file along with others that are advised for update if needed, particularly if Sage is not installed in default directory. Duh.

DFA

Last edited by DFA; 11-11-2004 at 03:43 PM.