SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 10-09-2004, 09:03 PM
Sage Icon

Angry Oooooouch! Sage bug resulting in "negative" WAF !!

Oh boy ... this just happened now and did not go over well with the WAF and KAF ...

My wife and son were just watching a recorded show off of Sage ... "What Women Want" ... and got just about 20 minutes to the end when they decided to take a quick break. While the movie was playing, my son accidentally pressed the red "record button" on the remote rather than "pause". (See attached JPG of the remote for button locations) Realizing he did so, he then hit the "stop" button which took him back to the Main Menu. When he went back to the recordings screen, the movie was gone, disappeared, out-a-here!!!

YES ... It was "DELETED" !!!!

I repeated these steps on a show I could afford to lose and ... yep ... got the same result. This is not good and certainly did not go over well with my Homeland PVR Lovers !!!

BTW, I am using Sage 2.0.20 with MlbDude2 on the server and ATI AIW RW with the 2.0.0.2 Sage plug-in.

Oh, for the heck of it, I checked the HD where I store TV Shows and it was, in fact, nowhere to be found. I also checked Archives and Imported Videos just in case some weid command sequence moved it instead of deleting it.

Bad news, like I said, unhappy SageTV watchers ... good news, I have another shot to re-record it again tonight ... slight consolation at best ...

So, this was a first for me ... any thoughts on why this happened or how to get me out of the dog house? ...

Being repeatable, is this a bug of sorts??

THANKS!, T.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Remote Wonder.jpg (62.0 KB, 272 views)
Old 10-09-2004, 09:14 PM
Sage Aficionado

This is will be fixed in the next version. I've noticed it also, but, luckily, I've never lost a recording because of it.
Old 10-09-2004, 09:16 PM
Administrator

See "Automatic Cleanup of Live TV" on page 167 of the 2.0 manual.

By hitting the record button again, the Manual Recording setting for that show was cleared & then SageTV deleted it. This is a well known side-effect of SageTV automatically deleting all shows that are not manual recordings or favorites shortly after the show has finished airing, when IR is off. For now, you can set this property:

seeker/clear_partials_and_unwanted_when_ir_off=false

(BTW -- there's one of the errors in the manual: it says to set that property to true! Sometimes I can't tell my left from my right, or true from false.)

This is one of the things changed in SageTV for 2.1 & the change has already been mentioned on the forum.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-10-2004, 12:04 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
See "Automatic Cleanup of Live TV" on page 167 of the 2.0 manual.

By hitting the record button again, the Manual Recording setting for that show was cleared & then SageTV deleted it. This is a well known side-effect of SageTV automatically deleting all shows that are not manual recordings or favorites shortly after the show has finished airing, when IR is off. For now, you can set this property:

seeker/clear_partials_and_unwanted_when_ir_off=false

(BTW -- there's one of the errors in the manual: it says to set that property to true! Sometimes I can't tell my left from my right, or true from false.)

This is one of the things changed in SageTV for 2.1 & the change has already been mentioned on the forum.

- Andy

Thanks Andy ... Made the property change and ran another test ... Worked like a charm ... Explained to the FAM .... all is forgiven!

I must have missed this problem being mentioned in another thread ... See I can't find my left from right either ...

Thanks for the immediate help!!
Old 10-10-2004, 07:14 AM
Sage Icon

Of course if I remember right, as a side effect, if you watch LIVE TV you will now have tons of little stupid show fragments show up in your recorded shows list...

But whatever. Hopefully this is really fixed in 2.1.

Jason
Old 10-10-2004, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonJoel
Of course if I remember right, as a side effect, if you watch LIVE TV you will now have tons of little stupid show fragments show up in your recorded shows list...

But whatever. Hopefully this is really fixed in 2.1.

Jason
Fragments never show up in the SageRecordings list. If you watch the show completely it will go there though. Of course it will be set to watch and all the way at the bottom of the list.
Old 10-10-2004, 11:19 AM
Sage Icon

Well, I stand corrected once again. Has been so long since I've tried that option, I forgot...

Thanks for correcting me!

Jason