SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 10-05-2004, 05:33 AM
Sage Advanced User

Resetting 'Watched'

I use a version of xmltv here and I find that for quite a lot of shows I don't get an episode number, or a way to differentiate it from a previous episode.
So I end up with a heap of favourites that IR doesn't record because sage thinks I have already watched them.

Currently the solution I have, is to go through the TV guide every day or three and see if any of my shows are on and then manually see if I need to 'clear watched' for every offender.

HAs anyone thought of a way to make this easier?
Maybe a flag in favourites that you can choose that will automatically reset to un-watched after viewing for certain shows.
Old 10-05-2004, 05:53 AM
Sage Icon

You do know that you can go into info and clear watched as soon as you are done watching?
Old 10-05-2004, 07:38 AM
SageTVaholic

Malore's STV (and Opus4' Maldude) have a menu that lets you see every airing that has been recorded (in wiz.bin) and clear the watched status.
Old 10-05-2004, 07:41 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by redman
I use a version of xmltv here and I find that for quite a lot of shows I don't get an episode number, or a way to differentiate it from a previous episode.
Sounds like an older XMLTV plugin... The newer ones create an episode ID from a hash of Showname/epsiodename if an episode is present or showname/date if not -- so every show without an episode name is unique...
The one I am using is here
Old 10-05-2004, 11:36 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by redman
So I end up with a heap of favourites that IR doesn't record because sage thinks I have already watched them.
That doesn't sound right, if Favorites don't have unique episode IDs then AFIAK Sage records them all.

Do those shows have SHxxxxx or EPxxxxx IDs? If they all have the same EPxxxxx ID, then it may be a plugin problem since I think Sage uses SHx/EPx to determine how it records (ie it records all occurances of a favorite with SHxxx, but only non-watched EPxxxx favorites).
Old 10-05-2004, 12:26 PM
SageTVaholic

XMLTV plugin only uses EPxxxx and generates it as a MD5 hash as I mentioned above...
Old 10-05-2004, 12:46 PM
Sage Aficionado

redman> So I end up with a heap of favourites that IR doesn't record...

stranger89> That doesn't sound right, if Favorites don't have unique episode IDs then AFIAK Sage records them all.

Ah - could the difference be that redman was referring to IR, not Favorites?

falchulk> You do know that you can go into info and clear watched as soon as you are done watching?
salsbst> Malore's STV (and Opus4' Maldude) have a menu that lets you see every airing that has been recorded (in wiz.bin) and clear the watched status.

Both falchulk's and salsbst's suggestions require one very important thing - that redman "do something" between episodes. What if redman isn't around for a couple of days and two daily "distinct" episodes aire?

Indeed, I believe redman knows about Manually Clearing Watched:

redman> manually see if I need to 'clear watched' for every offender.

So, other than the stale XMLTV, is it possible this is a difference between IR and Favorites?
Old 10-05-2004, 01:01 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmc
So, other than the stale XMLTV, is it possible this is a difference between IR and Favorites?
No. The show IDs are used by SageTV to determine what has been watched & what hasn't. If all the IDs are the same EP##, then it won't make a difference whether it is IR or a Favorite: SageTV will think all airings with that episode number have been watched if one is marked that way. Neither IR nor Favorites will re-record a watched episode unless you manually tell it to do so or clear the watched marker... in which case it is no longer watched, is it?

My vote would go with nielm's idea of "stale XMLTV" data.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 05-31-2005, 03:49 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
Sounds like an older XMLTV plugin... The newer ones create an episode ID from a hash of Showname/epsiodename if an episode is present or showname/date if not -- so every show without an episode name is unique...
The one I am using is here
I actually have the same problem with favorites not being recorded after watching one episode of a shows, but I -am- using the plugin you mentioned.

Could it be the problem is in the epgdata.xml itself ?
In the code of the plugin I find this:
Code:
if (this.episodeName != null)
In my epgdata.xml when no episodeName (sub-title) is supplied the tag is pressent but empty:
Code:
<sub-title lang="nl" />
Could it be the empty tag results in an empty string, which actually isn't NULL and therefor no unique EP id is generated ?
Old 06-01-2005, 02:15 AM
SageTVaholic

yep - that would be a problem Owilsky found the same problem and generated a fixed plugin..

You could aso report it to the maintainer of the program that generates the XMLTV file, as I don't think it should be doing that!

http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...ighlight=xmltv
Old 06-01-2005, 03:41 AM
Sage User

Ah.. Thanks!
Missed that, I'll get Owilsky's plugin