SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 09-27-2004, 06:40 AM

Question PVR-350 One-channel sound problem

I'm having a problem with the Hauppauge pvr-350 only capturing audio on one channel.
If I play an avi file through Sage then sound comes out of both speakers, but if I try to watch live tv, or play a file recorded using the 350, then sound only comes out of the right speaker.
I'm 99.9% sure that the cable into the 350 line-in is fine. To back this up, I was using MythTV on this same box last week, and the audio was working fine - of course the ivtv drivers are flaky as anything, but I *think* this rules out a hardware problem ... yes?

Can anyone lend any advice on what I can try? I'm not particularly familiar with the Hauppauge software on windows, so it's possible there's something in there I need to check/change. Any help would be most gratefully received - it's very frustrating to have Sage working much better that Myth, only to find I can only hear one channel audio!

TIA
Ben
Old 09-27-2004, 11:55 AM
Sage Advanced User

Just a thought, but you might want to check your WinTV software settings to make sure you have stereo input enabled.
Old 09-27-2004, 01:27 PM

Thanks for the suggestion. I *think* it's set to stereo, but I tend to find the WinTV app(s) generally puzzling.

If I show the properties screen, and select the audio tab, then I have an 'Audio mixer inputs' drop-down on the left side (what on earth?!) and both the 'Current TV audio preferences' and 'Current TV available modes' only have 'Stereo' as the one available option.

The Advanced Audio and Seperation controls are permanently disabled. There doesn't appear to be any way of enabling them.
Old 09-28-2004, 02:31 PM

As an update, if I use the tuner input then I get stereo audio. This appears to be only related to the line-in.

Does this sound like a hardware issue?
Old 09-30-2004, 09:38 AM
Sage Aficionado

Sounds like you should try a new audio cable between the capture device and the PC
Maybe only one channel is working on it.
Swap the RCA connectors over, and see if the sound comes out of the other channel
Old 09-30-2004, 09:47 AM

Yeah - been there, tried that! If I swap the connectors over, the sound still only comes out of the right channel ... on both the cables I've tried.

I'm fairly certain it's hardware related now. If I can only get in touch with Hauppauge uk support then I'll be able to get a replacement - time to try for the fourth time!

cheers
Old 09-30-2004, 10:42 AM
Sage Aficionado

Phone up the US support number.
I normally go staight to the States if I get a problem with a product, they know how to do customer support.

Then let them contact over internally if they need to swap it out.

s.