SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 08-08-2004, 05:57 PM

How to view/delete/modify timed recordings?

Maybe I'm missing somting obvious but I just added a manual timed recording and I can't figure out how to view/delete/modify it. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 08-08-2004, 06:06 PM
Administrator

If you click on the recording in the Recording Schedule, then choose Record Options, you can cancel the recording & it will remove it & all of its other occurrances from the schedule. However, I was unable to adjust the start or stop time. You can also change its recording quality, but that is for a single entry in the schedule. I don't see a way to modify an existing timed recording beyond that. Maybe I'm missing something too?

It looks like the easiest thing to do would be to remove the existing one & create a new one.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-28-2004, 10:54 PM
Sage Icon

Yeah I'm stuck here too. I setup a timed recording, and Record Options is not available once the recording is in progress.

I had to go to Live TV and watch a show, just to get the option to cancel the timed recording.

Is this a bug or a missing feature?
Old 11-29-2004, 12:01 AM
Administrator

Where were you looking for the Record Options? I set up a timed recording, waited for it to start, went to the Recording Schedule, clicked on the timed recording, selected Record Options & was presented with options to Cancel Recording or Adjust Stop Time. (This was for a one-time timed recording.)

BTW: I was able to adjust the stop time for a one-time recording.

If this doesn't work, what STV are you using?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 02-10-2007, 08:37 AM
Sage Icon

Unhappy this needs some attn, imho.

2yrs and this hasn't changed? I would have thought we could change more options on timed recordings by now. Due to conflicts (padding) I had to set up timed entries to get the local 'Big 3' news broadcasts; 90min for NBC/ABC and a 30min Fav for CBS. Now I discover that I can't set the timed to delete when space is needed nor adjust the recording quality. I'd really like to have them at 'Fair' to conserve space.

If I set the option to remove padding will it always remove padding on the same channel or only if a free tuner isn't available? I would really prefer to keep padding in place unless all my tuners were busy.

Clients: HD300 x2; HD200 x2; Placeshifter

Service: EPB Fiber (1Gb); OTA (we "cut the cord"); Netflix, Hulu, etc.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:29 AM
Sage Aficionado

It's hockey playoff time again, and my San Jose Sharks game 1 hasn't hit the guide for FSN BA. For the first time, I chose manual recording, and set up game 1 fine, to record at the right time on the right channel. When I did the same for game 2, I forgot to set the right channel. Uh oh. I found a feature that has some limitations...

I tried to delete it from SageTV via the client. Nope. From the web server. Nuh huh. Nothing in any menus or manuals seemed to help. The closest I have found is Opus' post here, saying "you can reset the stop time". So my erroneous 4.5 hour time slot is at least now reduced to a one minute trivial recording...

But the question still remains... Is Timed Recording as bad as I think it is? Heaven help anyone who sets this on a recurring basis with no way to monitor these entries, not manipulate them, nor change them, and especially not delete them.

Any feedback on the Timed Recordings would be of great help. Thanks! GO SHARKS!
Old 04-11-2007, 12:42 PM
SageTVaholic

You cannot change attributes of repeated timed recording. I think that there was a reason for this, but it may also be a bug!

You can cancel timed recordings (even repeated ones) by going into the recording schedule, selecting it, in the options popup there should be 'Record Options', which will have 'cancel record'. Alternatively press the REC button when it is highlighted.
(both tested in 6.1)