SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v9 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v9 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 9 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 9 and newer.

Old 06-07-2022, 10:41 AM
Sage Aficionado

IMDB Search Failures "No PSK available"

I am seeing intermittent, but frequent, failures of the IMDB plugin. The Sage TV log has Java error messages that look like this, below. The error message was generated by searching IMDB for the Title "The Mentalist".

[ParentalGuide@7634ba9] IMDB Background update thread ParentalGuide failed: Exception: javax.net.ssl.SSLException: No PSK available. Unable to resume.
[Quotes@6cdcc678] IMDB Background update thread Quotes failed: Exception: javax.net.ssl.SSLException: No PSK available. Unable to resume.
ParentalGuide@7634ba9] javax.net.ssl.SSLException: No PSK available. Unable to resume.

Besides ParentalGuide, this is repeated for Episodes, Goofs, and Full Credits. The returned results for those sections are blank.

It does not seem to happen on the Windows client, but rather HDx00 and FireStick clients. I am running Java 11 Dockers.

Is anyone else seeing this? Is there anything I can to to test further or, possibly, fix it? What's a PSK?
All in lovely Drexel Hill, PA
Old 06-07-2022, 10:55 AM
Sage Icon

A PSK is a pre-shared key: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pre-shared_key
Miscellaneous: Multiple Sony RM-VLZ620 Universal Remote Controls
Old 06-07-2022, 08:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Might be worth trying this on a Java 8 docker to see if it is a Java 11 issue.

K
Old 06-09-2022, 12:40 PM
Sage Aficionado

I may try that, but I want to take some time to plan it out.

I have been on Java 11 for a number of months and the IMDB search symptoms only appeared in the last 2 or 3 weeks.

UPDATE: I do not know why I did not do an internet search on the error message. It IS a Java 11 thing.

Here's a link to a direct hit on someone who saw it and the explanation of what is going on.

I am going to see if I can figure out how to implement any of the workarounds.

-Erv

Last edited by egeller; 06-09-2022 at 12:45 PM. Reason: update
Old 06-13-2022, 01:38 PM
Sage Aficionado

Fixed, for now

I can't believe I actually fixed this. Remember - This applies to the Java 11 Docker ONLY.

The chosen solution from this link is
"As Adam from WALCZAK.IT's answer didn't work for me, I found out that the final solution is to add
, TLSv1.3
to the jdk.tls.disabledAlgorithms in java.security file under conf in your java directory."
  1. Telnet / Putty into the Docker
  2. Find /lib/jvm/jdk-11.0.2/conf/security/java.security
  3. Add , TLSv1.3 to line 656
  4. Restart SageTV
Alternatively, unzip the attached, modified, file and copy it to /lib/jvm/jdk-11.0.2/conf/security/java.security in the Docker.

When the Docker updates to a newer version of Sage, plan on redoing this.

For Step 3, I actually copied the file to /opt/sagetv, modified there with Notepad++, and copied it back from there. Outside the docker /opt/sagetv is ../appdata/sagetv so editing it with WinSCP was easy for me.

At the link it says to find %JAVA_HOME%/conf. That did not work for me, hence, the above instructions.

-Erv
Attached Files
File Type: zip java.security.zip (12.5 KB, 35 views)
Old 06-13-2022, 03:51 PM
SageTVaholic

@jusjoken - Any chance it is the same issue that is causing TVDB to not work with Java 11?

And maybe one of the Sage devs can make this change in future SageTV releases?
Old 06-15-2022, 07:10 AM
SageTVaholic

I believe this is now fixed in the Java 11 docker. I have uploaded a new docker version as well as the unraid templates so they should be available soon... will show as version 2.0.5

I updated the Java 11 docker to use JDK 11.0.15 which is reported to include the TLS 1.3 bug fix. I tested the updated docker with CMT IMDB Search for "The Mentalist" and had no errors.

Let me know if you update and what the results were.

K
Old 06-15-2022, 07:12 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
@jusjoken - Any chance it is the same issue that is causing TVDB to not work with Java 11?

And maybe one of the Sage devs can make this change in future SageTV releases?
I do not believe this JDK change for TLS fix will fix the TVDB issue you were having. Let me know if it does but I suspect I need to rebuild the old TVDB api wrapper to support Java 11.

K