SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 04-12-2022, 02:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Channel display number when a channel is on multiple lineups

My local channels are available on both OTA and cable (via an HD-PVR). I would prefer if the OTA channels showed up under their OTA number. For example, I would like channel WGRZDT to show up as channel 2-1 in my guide. But it shows up as something like channel 517 which is the cable lineup number.

When a channel is on two lineups, both OTA and cable, how do I force it to show it in the guide under the OTA number rather than the cable number? I still want it to be available on all tuners in order to reduce any potential conflicts.
Old 04-12-2022, 04:49 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
My local channels are available on both OTA and cable (via an HD-PVR). I would prefer if the OTA channels showed up under their OTA number. For example, I would like channel WGRZDT to show up as channel 2-1 in my guide. But it shows up as something like channel 517 which is the cable lineup number.

When a channel is on two lineups, both OTA and cable, how do I force it to show it in the guide under the OTA number rather than the cable number? I still want it to be available on all tuners in order to reduce any potential conflicts.
You have to go through the lineup and remap the channels. You need to change the logical channel number.
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 04-13-2022, 09:53 AM
SageTVaholic

OK thanks. I am just speculating but it appears to me that the channel number used in the guide is based on a first come, first served basis. In other words, if the cable lineup is added to your system before the OTA lineup then the channel number used in the guide will be the one from the cable lineup.

Can anyone else confirm that?
Old 04-13-2022, 01:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
OK thanks. I am just speculating but it appears to me that the channel number used in the guide is based on a first come, first served basis. In other words, if the cable lineup is added to your system before the OTA lineup then the channel number used in the guide will be the one from the cable lineup.

Can anyone else confirm that?
Agree
Old 04-13-2022, 05:22 PM
SageTVaholic

I concur.

I modified my tuners/lineups over the weekend, exactly opposite to the OP, so my OTA channel numbers appear in the guide instead of my cable-card channel numbers (I did confirm it's not based on tuner merit).

So then I started playing with the tuner merit feature in the SageTV UI on any server/client interface and found that although the channel number remains as OTA in the guide, it will in fact switch tuner priority from OTA to cable-card (without ever acknowledging the cable-card channel number) - and it will do this live, without a restart of the SageTV service.