SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 02-13-2005, 10:31 PM
Sage Advanced User

Access Same channel with multiple lineups

Ok here's the deal I have 4 direct tv boxes and 2 cable runs connected to my sage server. My son watches alot of cartoon network so I want to be able to have both the cable channel and direct tv channels enabled so if I need to I can have him watch the cable channel if direct tv tuner availablilty becomes low. I enabled the channels on both lineups but when I punch in the cable channel for cartoon network, the direct tv boxes are the one's called to be used. The osd shows the cable channel number but the direct tv tuner card is the one being used, not the cable tuner card. Is there a way to have it so I can punch in the cable channel lineup number and watch that channel through the cable tuner when needed and also watch the directtv channel when needed?
Old 02-13-2005, 11:17 PM
Administrator

See p. 40 (& 110) in the v2.1 manual. What is happening is that the listings are showing the two network entries in the 2 lineups as being consolidated into a single channel number. The channel is actually available on both tuner types -- if you use all the direct tv tuners & then try to tune cartoon network, you should see it coming from a cable connection. It seems a bit confusing the way it is, but just think of it as watching "cartoon network", not channel N.

If you prefer that a different tuner gets priority, you could look into setting the mmc/encoders/XXX/encoder_merit property for the tuners, where XXX is some number.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 02-14-2005, 06:08 AM
Sage Advanced User

Ahhh, thanks Andy. Looks like I'll have to become one with the manual