SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v9 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v9 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 9 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 9 and newer.

Old 02-15-2022, 03:17 PM
SageTVaholic

miSageTV - modern interface for SageTV

This will be the forum for the work I am doing on a new Web Interface for SageTV that uses the updated Jetty Server version 9.
Old 02-15-2022, 03:24 PM
SageTVaholic

miSageTV teaser

Here is what I have so far - much, much more work to do.

Most of the items in the menu are placeholders except for the Setup where I have been working at building the interface to enable configuring SageTV from miSageTV.

Desktop browser - light mode

Desktop browser - dark mode

Mobile browser - light mode

Mobile browser - dark mode

Attached Images
File Type: png teaserDesktopDark-large.png (131.4 KB, 486 views)
File Type: png teaserDesktopLight-large.png (141.1 KB, 498 views)
File Type: jpg MobileLight-large.jpg (89.2 KB, 492 views)
File Type: jpg MobileDark-large.jpg (127.7 KB, 505 views)
Old 02-15-2022, 03:27 PM
SageTVaholic

As info the foundation supports many features including installing miSageTV as a PWA application on desktops and most mobile devices giving you an icon to launch it from.

The settings can be sorted and search (by name, key or value).

Much more to come.

K
Old 02-15-2022, 04:06 PM
Sage Icon

This looks like it is going to be awesome! One question, though - probably stupid. In your example above, where are these settings being retrieved from? The Sage.properties file, or somewhere else?
Miscellaneous: Multiple Sony RM-VLZ620 Universal Remote Controls

Last edited by KeithAbbott; 02-15-2022 at 04:10 PM.
Old 02-15-2022, 04:20 PM
Sage Advanced User

Looks amazing!!
Old 02-15-2022, 04:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithAbbott View Post
This looks like it is going to be awesome! One question, though - probably stupid. In your example above, where are these settings being retrieved from? The Sage.properties file, or somewhere else?
Sage properties file. miSagetv will use existing backend services like sagex to work directly with you Ssgetv server that is running Jetty.

I still need to reverse engineer all the Setup screens in Sagetv to ensure all the properties and settings are included. The ones I included were just to test the interface during development.

K
Old 02-15-2022, 06:15 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
Sage properties file. miSagetv will use existing backend services like sagex to work directly with you Ssgetv server that is running Jetty.

I still need to reverse engineer all the Setup screens in Sagetv to ensure all the properties and settings are included. The ones I included were just to test the interface during development.

K
OK, thanks! Seeing as how your menu is laid out similar to the SageTV layout, any chance playback of recordings, etc. could be supported via browser?
Miscellaneous: Multiple Sony RM-VLZ620 Universal Remote Controls
Old 02-15-2022, 06:45 PM
SageTVaholic

That is absolutely fantastic. Been hoping someone would do this for a long time.
Old 02-15-2022, 07:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Looks awesome!

One suggestion to add, although it should be lower on the priority list, is functionality to allow more control of Extenders, other miniclients and full clients. For example, be able to turn Extenders on and off, provide more info about playback on the extenders, and the ability to copy settings over from extender A to extender B. I don't know if this is possible with Android TV as well, but if you can turn the ATV device on and run the SageTV app via an API then it should be possible to do.,
Old 02-15-2022, 08:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
Looks awesome!

One suggestion to add, although it should be lower on the priority list, is functionality to allow more control of Extenders, other miniclients and full clients. For example, be able to turn Extenders on and off, provide more info about playback on the extenders, and the ability to copy settings over from extender A to extender B. I don't know if this is possible with Android TV as well, but if you can turn the ATV device on and run the SageTV app via an API then it should be possible to do.,
I have started myself a wishlist and added these suggestions
Old 02-15-2022, 08:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Awesome - one other thing that I have noticed is that I don't think that the web remote has a button for Options. Can you please add that?
Old 02-15-2022, 08:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithAbbott View Post
OK, thanks! Seeing as how your menu is laid out similar to the SageTV layout, any chance playback of recordings, etc. could be supported via browser?
Menu: all those entries are placeholders right now and likely will change. My plans is to keep the default similar to SageTV for user familiarity...BUT, I think the menus will be dynamic and user customizable...hide items you don't use. Add ones to a higher level you use all the time, etc.

Playback: definitely on the list of functions I want to deliver. I have some ideas to make it work but have not experimented yet but it is a goal. Likely will have to have some user options to make it work on various devices with a variety of media but should be a core part of miSageTV.

You didn't ask but Fanart/Metadata: optional but also a key part if users want it on. I see simple list views of media as the default but optional Fanart based views available too. The core behind this will be Phoenix core which BMT and Gemstone use and I plan to build in all the fanart/metadata management functions within miSageTV (so BMT will not be needed once that part is complete). Again, this will be optional so those that just want clean and simple will not need to manage fanart and metadata...and if only the metadata is wanted then Fanart can be turned off separately (requires a change to Phoenix core but should not be too complex)

Keep the suggestions and questions coming.

K
Old 02-15-2022, 08:51 PM
Sage Advanced User

Looks awesome!
Old 02-15-2022, 08:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
Awesome - one other thing that I have noticed is that I don't think that the web remote has a button for Options. Can you please add that?
As this is ALL NEW, I will need to build a Web Remote...and will add the options button. (on the list now).

K
Old 02-15-2022, 08:56 PM
SageTVaholic

One more example with the setting editor open...

Attached Images
File Type: png teaserDesktopDarkwithEditor-large.png (187.2 KB, 460 views)
Old 02-15-2022, 10:01 PM
SageTVaholic

You probably have this, but it would be nice to do all of the Setup functions that can be done via the Sage UI Setup screens. The thing that I wish was in the current web UI is Setup Video Sources, especially the ability to enable/disable channels.

The channels functionality is in BMT but it appears to break if you have more than one lineup - I have both an OTA lineup and a cable lineup.

It would also be nice to be able to more easily manage the logical channel numbers when you have a channel that appears in the guide in multiple places. For example, CBLTDT is channels 5 and 514 on my cable lineup and channel 5-1 on my OTA lineup. Right now you kind of have to futz around a bit to figure out how to have it display in the spot that you want.
Old 02-15-2022, 10:28 PM
Sage Expert

Looks great!

--John
Old 02-15-2022, 10:31 PM
Sage Expert

Just curious, is this a Java plugin running in Sage itself, or some "external" service which is using the sagex web APIs?

--John
Old 02-15-2022, 10:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwegas View Post
Just curious, is this a Java plugin running in Sage itself, or some "external" service which is using the sagex web APIs?

--John
It will be a SageTV plugin using the new Jetty server.

K
Old 02-15-2022, 10:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Just to add for the curious.. I am using a framework called Vaadin that allows you to build the interfaces completely in Java. It also supports using Javascript and works great on Java 8, 11 and 16 so should be supportable for some time.

K