SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 02-18-2021, 05:07 PM

Question Sage TV 9.2_beta1 software and HDHomeRun DUAL hardware issue

Hello everyone on the forum!

If you only want to hear about my issue, go ahead and skip to the last paragraph. Otherwise, lets begin.

My name is Matt Johnson and I'm inside at home most of the time, just like you guys are I'm sure since as we all live in a pandemic world.

Since I _am_ inside, I thought I would spruce up my entertainment options. I recently found in a closet a HDHomeRun DUAL TV LAN device that I purchased maybe 11 years ago and have never used.

I installed the HDHomerun_setup program and it went fine. The program saw the device on the network and I went through the steps including the channel scan and it found a bunch of stuff. So for so good except the HDomeRun client doesn't seem to be supported on this old hardware.

So, Sage TV here I come. I last used SageTV when I bought it in 2010 at version 6.6. But I left that version alone and downloaded SageTVClientSetupx64_9.2.0_beta_1.104.exe I only need the main program for now. I don't need the remote client or the place shifter.

The SageTV install was going well until it tried to scan for channels. It did not find any when I know they are there because I can see them from the HDHomerun_setup program I have the Attempted to look though all the options but didn't see anything that looked like it would cause a scan to return nothing.

Your help is appreciated, thank you.

-Matt Johnson

addendum:

Device: HDHomeRun DUAL
Model: HDHR-US
Device ID: 1013756C
Firmware: 20200225

Software: SageTV main exe, version 9.2.0-beta1.104

Link to Digital Antenna.xml from the HDHomerun_setup software

Link to logs will be given upon request.
Old 02-18-2021, 08:16 PM
Sage Icon

First of all, welcome!

Second, the 9.2.0 beta version has long since been superseded by 9.2.2. You can find it in the sticky "Windows Installer" post which is also referenced in my signature below.

In that post you will find some help with the HDHR setup under the "known issues" section. In short, 64-bit SageTV is not directly supported by HDHR software but there are 2 options to try:
  • HDHR fresh installs will not find the 64 bit install. 2 work arounds....
    • Install the 32 bit version somewhere else, configure HDHR first time selecting “SageTV”, and then you could uninstall the 32 bit version
    • Try selecting JRiver Media Center, BeyondTV or Other: ATSC/QAM in the HDHR configuration

I would highly recommend installing 9.2.2 and then trying one of the options above. Obviously trying one of the HDHR configuration settings is less effort.

Good luck!
Old 02-18-2021, 09:10 PM
Sage Expert

Welcome Matt,
The HDHomerun Dual tuner continues to work just fine with Sage. I've had a pair of these running for years.

Current (i.e, applicable to Sage v9.2.2), detailed HDHR setup instructions are available here: https://sagetv.fandom.com/wiki/Appen...p_Instructions
System #1: Win7-64, I7-920, 8 GB mem, 4TB HD. Java-64 1.8.0_141. Sage-64 v9.2.1 ATSC: 2x HDHR-US (1st gen white) tuners. HD-200.
System #2: Win7-64, I7-920, 8 GB mem, 4TB HD. Java 1.8.0_131. Sage v9.1.6.747. ClearQAM: 2x HDHR3-US tuners. HD-200.
System #3: Win7-64, I7-920, 12 GB mem, 4TB HD. Java-64 1.8.0_141. Sage-64 v9.2.1 ATSC: 2x HVR2250; Spectrum Cable via HDPVR & USB-UIRT. 3x HD-200.
Old 02-20-2021, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnjj View Post
[cut] ...
[*]HDHR fresh installs will not find the 64 bit install. 2 work arounds....
  • Install the 32 bit version somewhere else, configure HDHR first time selecting “SageTV”, and then you could uninstall the 32 bit version
  • Try selecting JRiver Media Center, BeyondTV or Other: ATSC/QAM in the HDHR configuration
... [and cut]
I do indeed have only the 64 bit one installed. I will install 9.2.2(32)then(64) and try both options in order.

Thanks. I feel welcome now.
Old 02-20-2021, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustFred View Post
Welcome Matt,
The HDHomerun Dual tuner continues to work just fine with Sage. I've had a pair of these running for years.

Current (i.e, applicable to Sage v9.2.2), detailed HDHR setup instructions are available here: https://sagetv.fandom.com/wiki/Appen...p_Instructions
Thanks. I will take a look and follow.
Old 02-21-2021, 11:21 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattJhsn View Post
I do indeed have only the 64 bit one installed. I will install 9.2.2(32)then(64) and try both options in order.

Thanks. I feel welcome now.
You can leave the 64-bit one you already have installed. Just install the 32-bit one afterwards. Once you select SageTV from within the HDHR setup menu you can uninstalled the 32-bit version.

Before you do all of that, try the 2nd option first as it requires much less effort. I should probably reverse the order of the suggestions.
Old 02-22-2021, 03:44 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnjj View Post
Before you do all of that, try the 2nd option first as it requires much less effort. I should probably reverse the order of the suggestions.
I installed Sage 9.2.2 64 bit and in the HDHR software, set the compatibility mode to "JRiver." It works just fine with my HDHR Dual tuner. I currently have just one tuner being fed signal, but will connect the antenna to the other one soon. This is for a new build in progress, so I'm still working on getting everything set up before I cut over from the old build to the new one. Gotta get all of my recording files copied over. I think copying over the old wiz.bin to the new server (and verifyingi) will be the last thing to do before cutting over - though I have just enough tuner hardware, etc. that in theory I could run the two in parallel for a while.
Server: Windows 8.1 4gb RAM; 4TB SATA + others. Homebrew quad core AMD. Inputs: Haup. 980, 850 & 950Q on ATSC; Haup 1600 on ATSC & Comcast 2 DTAs with USBUIRT for NTSC. Haup 1800 on ATSC. HDHR Dual (ATSC). Sage 9.22 64 bit.