SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v9 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v9 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 9 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 9 and newer.

Old 04-15-2021, 10:44 PM

I don't know but I just keep using SageTV

- I have Plex for Movies. I've tried multiple times to use it for LiveTV/DVR but the DVR and comskip always has some issue
- Jellyfin looks promising. Light and fast. I've tried it and would love to make it work - I've used it with TVendhead but can't get the guide to work with my comcast cable card (hdhomerun). The NextPVR plugin is nice - when it works. There is no Jellyfin support for it so there are upgrade issues.
- Kodi seems to heavy for my needs. Maybe I'll try it again. Seems to be the only viable option at the moment. I just want LiveTV and DVR

SageTV :
- opendct is really hard to beat - I still use my Ceton and HDHomerun and it is all seamless, just works, used it for years
- comskip, the guide all just works. I have both nvidia shield and FireTV and if anything the client is starting to feel dated

The family always use the sagetv client for LiveTV - the DVR/comskip is the killer feature. I just can't find any other option. I keep trying to find alternatives but always end up going back to good old sagetv
Old 05-24-2022, 09:33 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbill View Post
Click on DETECT COMMERCIALS. There are now 4 options in the pick list. Tried to get a screen shot. But the pick list closes when I do that. One of the choices says to use DVR Settings, so I am guessing you can set it globally. -Bill
Where do i click on DETECT COMMERCIALS? Is it a plugin?

Capture Devices: HDHomerunXTEND, HDHomerunPrime
Old 06-08-2022, 07:31 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandypuff View Post
Where do i click on DETECT COMMERCIALS? Is it a plugin?
It's in the advanced config for the library. Be warned, though, commercial skipping kind of sucks on Plex. It won't auto-skip commercials - you have to actively click a button to make it happen. Unlike sage, you also can't navigate to the beginning/end of the commercial break - which is useful if comskip has inappropriate cuts. Further, when that setting is on, it will run comskip, but then delete the comskip files, which means that Sage can't read the comskip files. (Plex takes the comskip data and adds it to the metadata library for the file).
Old 06-09-2022, 10:57 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by clu View Post
I don't know but I just keep using SageTV

- I have Plex for Movies. I've tried multiple times to use it for LiveTV/DVR but the DVR and comskip always has some issue
- Jellyfin looks promising. Light and fast. I've tried it and would love to make it work - I've used it with TVendhead but can't get the guide to work with my comcast cable card (hdhomerun). The NextPVR plugin is nice - when it works. There is no Jellyfin support for it so there are upgrade issues.
- Kodi seems to heavy for my needs. Maybe I'll try it again. Seems to be the only viable option at the moment. I just want LiveTV and DVR

SageTV :
- opendct is really hard to beat - I still use my Ceton and HDHomerun and it is all seamless, just works, used it for years
- comskip, the guide all just works. I have both nvidia shield and FireTV and if anything the client is starting to feel dated

The family always use the sagetv client for LiveTV - the DVR/comskip is the killer feature. I just can't find any other option. I keep trying to find alternatives but always end up going back to good old sagetv

I went Channels DVR for $80 dollars a year and that Includes Guide data and remote access comskip and comskip editing.... also Provides guide data and content to SageTV for recording using opendct. Channels DVR supports M3U input and can provide an M3U and guide data that can be used in SageTV giving recording access to Pluto Stirr and other providers.

Last edited by nyplayer; 06-09-2022 at 10:59 AM.