SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 10-14-2020, 10:08 AM
Sage Aficionado

Schedules Direct Account Expired, Renewed, Problem

It's in the title - we accidently let our work SageTV server Schedules Direct account expire. We renewed it, and I had to log into Schedules Direct to add our OTA lineup back in, but SageTV keeps complaining that our Schedules Direct account is expired. The credentials were never changed. I tried deleting Video sources and adding them back in, but now it won't let me add them and pick a lineup because of the expired (but actually renewed) account. Does anyone know how to tell Sage to clean up the mess after your Schedules Direct account expires?
Old 10-14-2020, 11:33 AM
Sage Icon

Have you tried deleting the sdauth, sdmd5prog and sdmd5sched files? You'll have to re-enter your SD credentials into the SageTV GUI again though if your account password hasn't changed though I'm not sure if it will help.

Here's the documentation: https://github.com/google/sagetv/wik...les-Direct-EPG
Old 10-14-2020, 12:34 PM
Sage Aficionado

That worked - thanks!
Old 10-20-2020, 07:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnjj View Post
Have you tried deleting the sdauth, sdmd5prog and sdmd5sched files? You'll have to re-enter your SD credentials into the SageTV GUI again though if your account password hasn't changed though I'm not sure if it will help.

Here's the documentation: https://github.com/google/sagetv/wik...les-Direct-EPG
That's an interesting scenario to get stuck on. I would have imagined that worse case, restarting SageTV would have corrected it. I certainly will not be able to reproduce it without an expired account. I'm curious why it persisted and resetting the account data was needed.
SageTV v9 Server: ASRock Z97 Extreme4, Intel i7-4790K @ 4.4Ghz, 32GB RAM, 6x 3TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 5TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 6TB 7200rpm HD, 4x 256GB SSD, 4x 500GB SSD, unRAID Pro 6.7.2 (Dual Parity + SSD Cache).
Capture: 1x Ceton InfiniTV 4 (ClearQAM), 2x Ceton InfiniTV 6, 1x BM1000-HDMI, 1x BM3500-HDMI.

Clients: 1x HD300 (Living Room), 1x HD200 (Master Bedroom).
Software: OpenDCT :: WMC Live TV Tuner :: Schedules Direct EPG
Old 10-21-2020, 08:27 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnterNoEscape View Post
That's an interesting scenario to get stuck on. I would have imagined that worse case, restarting SageTV would have corrected it. I certainly will not be able to reproduce it without an expired account. I'm curious why it persisted and resetting the account data was needed.
Full story - 2 different co-workers paid for Schedules Direct with 2 sets of credentials - both accounts expired - we renewed the credentials that were not used in SageTV - I was confused as to why it kept on saying that account was expired after renewing - upon deleting the sd* files I noticed that the other set of credentials was the one being used in SageTV (credentials were in one of the text files)

But I still think there is an issue because I was never able to get to a prompt to re-enter credentials to the renewed one once the Schedules Direct account was expired - that scenario appears to go into a dead end - so for the case where you want to change your credentials and the account expires, you have to delete the sd* files
Old 10-22-2020, 08:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telecore View Post
Full story - 2 different co-workers paid for Schedules Direct with 2 sets of credentials - both accounts expired - we renewed the credentials that were not used in SageTV - I was confused as to why it kept on saying that account was expired after renewing - upon deleting the sd* files I noticed that the other set of credentials was the one being used in SageTV (credentials were in one of the text files)

But I still think there is an issue because I was never able to get to a prompt to re-enter credentials to the renewed one once the Schedules Direct account was expired - that scenario appears to go into a dead end - so for the case where you want to change your credentials and the account expires, you have to delete the sd* files
You should have been presented with an option to use the saved credentials or enter new ones before you got to the expiration dialog, but I could be mistaken. If you couldn't get to that prompt, what you describe would be the best option.
SageTV v9 Server: ASRock Z97 Extreme4, Intel i7-4790K @ 4.4Ghz, 32GB RAM, 6x 3TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 5TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 6TB 7200rpm HD, 4x 256GB SSD, 4x 500GB SSD, unRAID Pro 6.7.2 (Dual Parity + SSD Cache).
Capture: 1x Ceton InfiniTV 4 (ClearQAM), 2x Ceton InfiniTV 6, 1x BM1000-HDMI, 1x BM3500-HDMI.

Clients: 1x HD300 (Living Room), 1x HD200 (Master Bedroom).
Software: OpenDCT :: WMC Live TV Tuner :: Schedules Direct EPG