SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 07-17-2017, 11:33 AM
Sage Advanced User

Problem with schedules direct only on over the air

making the move to schedules direct..

I was able to sign up for the trial and add my directtv lineup to my hdpvr. However when I try and do the hd-home-run which uses and over the air antenna I get back 'problem communicating with scheduels direct server. The only thing that is different is that I picked 'local over the air broadcast 07086'

any ideas?
Old 07-17-2017, 11:46 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by personalt View Post
making the move to schedules direct..

I was able to sign up for the trial and add my directtv lineup to my hdpvr. However when I try and do the hd-home-run which uses and over the air antenna I get back 'problem communicating with scheduels direct server. The only thing that is different is that I picked 'local over the air broadcast 07086'

any ideas?
Maybe the trial is limited to 1 lineup? Why not just sign up? $25 isn't much and if you have issues I'm sure they will get resolved based upon the response I see on these forums.
Old 07-17-2017, 11:57 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnjj View Post
Maybe the trial is limited to 1 lineup? Why not just sign up? $25 isn't much and if you have issues I'm sure they will get resolved based upon the response I see on these forums.
I actually paid the $25 to eliminate that as a possibility. Same issue.

I will have to do give it another shot when I am home and not remoted in. Of course we didnt plan better for the epg expiration.
Old 07-17-2017, 12:36 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by personalt View Post
I actually paid the $25 to eliminate that as a possibility. Same issue.

I will have to do give it another shot when I am home and not remoted in. Of course we didnt plan better for the epg expiration.
If you're not on the latest version of SageTV, you'll want to upgrade. If you are and you're still seeing these problems, please post your sagetv_0.txt log file so we can take a look at what is behind the error.
SageTV v9 Server: ASRock Z97 Extreme4, Intel i7-4790K @ 4.4Ghz, 32GB RAM, 6x 3TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 5TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 6TB 7200rpm HD, 4x 256GB SSD, 4x 500GB SSD, unRAID Pro 6.7.2 (Dual Parity + SSD Cache).
Capture: 1x Ceton InfiniTV 4 (ClearQAM), 2x Ceton InfiniTV 6, 1x BM1000-HDMI, 1x BM3500-HDMI.

Clients: 1x HD300 (Living Room), 1x HD200 (Master Bedroom).
Software: OpenDCT :: WMC Live TV Tuner :: Schedules Direct EPG
Old 07-17-2017, 01:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Maybe the trial is limited to 1 lineup?
It's not.
Old 07-17-2017, 01:10 PM
Sage Advanced User

I just downloaded new sagetv from website as I was on 7.. So I should be on newest.

Sure..I will take a look closer tonight and posted logs or how I fixed it if I can fix it myself
Old 07-17-2017, 10:18 PM
Sage User

I have an SD membership and I have had the exact same problem as you starting today, but my issue us the cable lineup; OTA is fine. When I tried to re-set up my SD EPG, I got an error communicating with SD. I re-entered my user/pass and it seems to have worked. However, I've initiated a guide update and I'm still not getting any guide data for Comcast. I have OTA data through July 29, though. Weird.
Old 07-17-2017, 10:33 PM
Sage User

So my update worked a few minutes after I posted.

I think when I made the switch to SD I only updated the HDHomeRun sources and I must have forgotten to update the guide data for the Comcast DTAs. Must have been my mistake. OP, if you're getting a communication error, try re-entering your user/pass, and remember if you're using a keyboard when entering in the sage boxes, depending on your input method you may have to hit (for example) the number 3 four times to get the actual number 3 (since it might cycle through d-e-f-3). Just be sure what is showing on screen is the correct user/password.
Old 07-18-2017, 07:48 AM
Sage Advanced User

my problem fixed itself as well. went back through the same menu that failed two times and it was okay.
Old 07-22-2017, 05:34 PM
Sage User

Still cant get Sage to communicate with new EPG

sure glad the forums are still up (I actually stopped looking at them years ago as I (incorrectly) assumed it was dead after the Google acquisition. Anyways, I upgraded my SageTV 7 build to SageTV 9, running on Windows Server 2003 SP3. Have to go through and verify settings and such but I also get the error that "there was a problem communicating with the Schedules Direct server" I have two OTA cards and an HD PVR communicating with a Dish Network receiver. All worked fine with the old EPG but we know how that worked out. Sooooo, how do I troubleshoot if I really do have a "connection" or "cofiguration" issue? Thx!

BTW - My Total Uptime on sage is..... 2,983 days! Thats a little over 8 years
Sage advocate since V2.2; Ahanix MCE701 MCE Multimedia case; Gigabyte MB, e6600 Core2Duo 3.0Ghz; GeForce 8600 PCIe; 4 GB DDR-1033; Dual Hauppauge 1600 HD OTA tuners; HD-PVR connected to Dish Network 211 receiver. RAID 1 500GB Sata2 + 1.5TB CAVIER recordings drive; Windows Server 2003; Sage TV 7; 2 STX-HD200 Media Extenders
Old 07-22-2017, 06:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantonow View Post
sure glad the forums are still up (I actually stopped looking at them years ago as I (incorrectly) assumed it was dead after the Google acquisition. Anyways, I upgraded my SageTV 7 build to SageTV 9, running on Windows Server 2003 SP3. Have to go through and verify settings and such but I also get the error that "there was a problem communicating with the Schedules Direct server" I have two OTA cards and an HD PVR communicating with a Dish Network receiver. All worked fine with the old EPG but we know how that worked out. Sooooo, how do I troubleshoot if I really do have a "connection" or "cofiguration" issue? Thx!

BTW - My Total Uptime on sage is..... 2,983 days! Thats a little over 8 years
I'll need to see the sagetv_0.txt log.
SageTV v9 Server: ASRock Z97 Extreme4, Intel i7-4790K @ 4.4Ghz, 32GB RAM, 6x 3TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 5TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 6TB 7200rpm HD, 4x 256GB SSD, 4x 500GB SSD, unRAID Pro 6.7.2 (Dual Parity + SSD Cache).
Capture: 1x Ceton InfiniTV 4 (ClearQAM), 2x Ceton InfiniTV 6, 1x BM1000-HDMI, 1x BM3500-HDMI.

Old 07-23-2017, 04:15 PM
Sage User

File uploaded for problem communicating with Schedules Direct server

Thanks for looking at this. I upgraded to SageTV 9 and it is all running. I now get the option to select the "Use Schedules Direct Guide Data with this source" and I provided my Schedules Direct username and password but it still says it cannot connect. I am certain I provided the right password but I never get the option to reenter so hopefully that isnt it. Looks like because I never make it successfully through, it still thinks I am supposed to be getting EPG data from Zap2It. Also I selected JSON/SageTV from the Schedules Direct options. Hopefully that is the right one?
Attached Files
File Type: zip sagetv_0.txt.zip (273.7 KB, 175 views)
Sage advocate since V2.2; Ahanix MCE701 MCE Multimedia case; Gigabyte MB, e6600 Core2Duo 3.0Ghz; GeForce 8600 PCIe; 4 GB DDR-1033; Dual Hauppauge 1600 HD OTA tuners; HD-PVR connected to Dish Network 211 receiver. RAID 1 500GB Sata2 + 1.5TB CAVIER recordings drive; Windows Server 2003; Sage TV 7; 2 STX-HD200 Media Extenders
Old 07-23-2017, 04:34 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Thanks for looking at this. I upgraded to SageTV 9 and it is all running. I now get the option to select the "Use Schedules Direct Guide Data with this source" and I provided my Schedules Direct username and password but it still says it cannot connect. I am certain I provided the right password but I never get the option to reenter so hopefully that isnt it. Looks like because I never make it successfully through, it still thinks I am supposed to be getting EPG data from Zap2It. Also I selected JSON/SageTV from the Schedules Direct options. Hopefully that is the right one?

The log file shows your sources are still trying to talk to the legacy Sage server. On SD, they should all say "(sdepg)" after their description.

Did you remove and re-add the sources one by one, picking SD as the option?

You're also getting an error during SDEPG, "no password" so something isn't setup right.

JSON/SageTV is the correct choice.

Last edited by wnjj; 07-23-2017 at 04:37 PM.
Old 07-23-2017, 10:34 PM
Sage User

reset the sources

I had not removed the three sources. I just removed them, saved and attempted to reenter. I still get the issue of not connecting and I am never asked (again) to provide my account or password for Schedules Direct so I cannot address any issue with password. Is there a way to make it forget that and reenter?
Old 07-23-2017, 11:48 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I had not removed the three sources. I just removed them, saved and attempted to reenter. I still get the issue of not connecting and I am never asked (again) to provide my account or password for Schedules Direct so I cannot address any issue with password. Is there a way to make it forget that and reenter?
Go into setup video sources, pick a source then on the right side you can click on the EPG. Then pick 'Use Schedules Direct...". After that you will be prompted to use the existing name/pw or change name/pw.
Old 07-24-2017, 05:38 AM
Sage Icon

If I recall. Username and password are case sensitive in case that is a factor
Old 07-24-2017, 07:06 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Go into setup video sources, pick a source then on the right side you can click on the EPG. Then pick 'Use Schedules Direct...". After that you will be prompted to use the existing name/pw or change name/pw.
I did those steps. What I was saying is that I am never asked to provide the username/password again. I entered that info the first time when I had the original sources and tried to simply change from Zap2It to Schedules Direct. At that time, I was asked for name and password. It may all be uppercase so I would like to try and reenter but don't know how to make it forget what I put in or to prompt me again.
Old 07-24-2017, 07:43 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I did those steps. What I was saying is that I am never asked to provide the username/password again. I entered that info the first time when I had the original sources and tried to simply change from Zap2It to Schedules Direct. At that time, I was asked for name and password. It may all be uppercase so I would like to try and reenter but don't know how to make it forget what I put in or to prompt me again.
The way that is structured, you shouldn't be able to get beyond it without at least one kind of prompting or another. Delete sdauth in your SageTV folder and try again.

Old 07-24-2017, 09:28 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnterNoEscape View Post
The way that is structured, you shouldn't be able to get beyond it without at least one kind of prompting or another. Delete sdauth in your SageTV folder and try again.
Thanks. I deleted the sdauth file and attempted to add the SD EPG again. I was asked for name and password. When I created the password originally, I used upper and lower case but I cannot figure out how to make lowercase with the Sage remote so I changed the password to all upper case. Still same issue. Is there a way to verify that this isn't really an external communications issue? Any new ports I would need to allow to get to this source?
Old 07-24-2017, 10:56 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Thanks. I deleted the sdauth file and attempted to add the SD EPG again. I was asked for name and password. When I created the password originally, I used upper and lower case but I cannot figure out how to make lowercase with the Sage remote so I changed the password to all upper case. Still same issue. Is there a way to verify that this isn't really an external communications issue? Any new ports I would need to allow to get to this source?
If you try enough times, it should lock your Schedules Direct account out if you're communicating with them. Port 443 is a little new for SageTV, but you likely don't have it blocked outgoing. Another log file containing logs from your attempt to authenticate might give us an idea of what's happening in your situation.

Edit: I noticed something in your old log: The hostname json.schedulesdirect.org didn't resolve. Can you ping that FQDN from your server?

Last edited by EnterNoEscape; 07-24-2017 at 11:08 AM.