SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 09-11-2020, 02:50 PM
Sage Fanatic

Moving Sage Server to New Machine?

Sage v9, HD HomeRun tuners, Windows 10 running on an i3 NUC.
  • Ran the v9 installer to install Sage in the same Driveirectory as on the old machine
  • Ran the HD HomeRun installer on the new machine.
  • Ran something called "LAVFilters-0.70.2-Installer" whose function I have no clue about, but which my notes said was needed for Sage under Windows 10
  • Linked the new machine to the movies shares on my NAS box
  • Hooked up the RecordedTV drives to the new machine.
  • Copied the entire SageTV directory from the old machine over top of the new SageTV directory in the new machine to get all the menu customization, import directories, and so-forth.
  • Fired up SageTV
  • Movies are looking good.
  • RecordedTV looking good - all shows present and accounted for
  • Program Guide: No Joy. It's as if the HD HomeRun tuners are not being recognized.... I can't even configure a new source bco no tuners found.

HD HomeRun's "Config_GUI" sees the tuners, but doesn't seem to be seeing Signal Strength or anything else.

HD HomeRun' "Setup" lists the tuners, and has "SageTV" as the application for each.

Anybody been here?
Storage: NetGear Ultra-6 NAS 10 TB total w/dual redundancy. Plus 5tb QNAP for RecordedTV.
Capture: 3 Silicon Dust HomeRun tuner boxes (6 tuners total)
Program Source: OTA antenna
Old 09-11-2020, 04:50 PM
Sage Icon

If you are using the regular hdhr OTA devices, Sage can use them directly / natively. However you do need to install the silicon dust software and tell it that you are using with Sage so that it enables the correct BDA drivers.

The trick is, the silicon dust software won’t give you the Sage option unless it detects that Sage is installed (so you have to install Sage first). Also, the silicon dust software doesn’t recognize 64-bit Sage. It only sees 32-bit Sage.

So you may need to install 32-bit Sage, then setup silicon dust, then install Sage 64.
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 09-12-2020, 12:48 AM
Sage User

Interesting about the 64/32 HdHomeRun drivers detecting Sage. On my new PC that worked for a while (6month, but has just stopped working), I used the "default" system for HdHomeRun and SageTV detected and worked fine with the device.
Old 09-13-2020, 07:03 PM
Sage Fanatic

Got it: needed a "Channel Scan" via Setup | Digital Antenna | Scan

Scanning for one tuner did the trick - the other five tuners picked up on the same info.
Storage: NetGear Ultra-6 NAS 10 TB total w/dual redundancy. Plus 5tb QNAP for RecordedTV.
Capture: 3 Silicon Dust HomeRun tuner boxes (6 tuners total)
Program Source: OTA antenna

Last edited by PeteCress; 09-13-2020 at 07:12 PM.
Old 09-13-2020, 07:51 PM
SageTVaholic

The great thing about network based tuners like the HDHR is that you can test them in a new PC that you are just configuring, while still using them in your old system. You can pretty much use them in both systems at once although you have to be careful about contention.