SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 08-23-2020, 04:19 PM
SageTVaholic

Which is the version of Sage to install?

lol, apparently it's been a while since I updated my Sage server under Windows 7, 32 bit.

There are two links here, with two slightly different versions, 9.2.2 and 9.2.2.68?

Which am I looking for?

https://bintray.com/opensagetv/sagetv

Also, when doing a complete, fresh install, plugins have to be also grabbed and installed manually now? Is there an instance where I may have an older plugin that isn't supported anymore (which still works) that I could save somehow and continue using, or are ALL the plugins through history still available here or there?

thanks
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 08-23-2020, 06:43 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster2 View Post
lol, apparently it's been a while since I updated my Sage server under Windows 7, 32 bit.

There are two links here, with two slightly different versions, 9.2.2 and 9.2.2.68?

Which am I looking for?

https://bintray.com/opensagetv/sagetv

Also, when doing a complete, fresh install, plugins have to be also grabbed and installed manually now? Is there an instance where I may have an older plugin that isn't supported anymore (which still works) that I could save somehow and continue using, or are ALL the plugins through history still available here or there?

thanks
Those are Windows and Linux versions. They’re the same, just more specific in the Linux name.
Old 08-23-2020, 10:34 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnjj View Post
Those are Windows and Linux versions. They’re the same, just more specific in the Linux name.
wow, how did I end up there? Doesn’t it say Windows on that link? If you know where the Windows 32 bit install is, can you post a link?
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 08-23-2020, 11:40 PM
Sage Icon

The link in my signature takes you to the Windows installer. From there, click the files tab.

You can also get there from the link you have by clicking the windows version, then the files tab, then 9.2.2.

Use the x86 versions for 32-bit.
Old 08-24-2020, 01:51 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnjj View Post
The link in my signature takes you to the Windows installer. From there, click the files tab.

You can also get there from the link you have by clicking the windows version, then the files tab, then 9.2.2.

Use the x86 versions for 32-bit.
brilliant, thanks. Any thoughts on the plugins situation?
Old 08-24-2020, 05:36 PM
SageTVaholic

Last time I did a clean SageTV 64 bit install on Windows all the plugins that I use were installed the same old [easy] way, from within the Sage UI. I did take screenshots of my list of installed plugins and did a full system image beforehand in case something went awry during the new install.
Old 08-24-2020, 05:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
Last time I did a clean SageTV 64 bit install on Windows all the plugins that I use were installed the same old [easy] way, from within the Sage UI. I did take screenshots of my list of installed plugins and did a full system image beforehand in case something went awry during the new install.
wow - that's good news then. Thanks. Need to find a drive to image to now
Old 08-24-2020, 05:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Always handy to keep an extra one of these laying around (500 GB for $70):

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0781Z7Y3S/
Old 08-24-2020, 06:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
Always handy to keep an extra one of these laying around (500 GB for $70):

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0781Z7Y3S/
Hehe, thanks, I have a couple, just need to decide which unused OS from the last I either won’t be needing, or can rebuild if necessary. Best Buy was selling 240gb SSD’s for $26, so I grabbed a couple a while back.
Old 08-27-2020, 09:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

Sounds like you settled on some new hardware?