SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 08-13-2020, 05:32 AM
Sage User

Question Sage refuses to launch. Wrong Java?

I'm not sure what I did or when, but suddenly Sage refuses to run, giving me the following error on launch instead:

Could not get information on current JVM.
Please install Java Runtime Environment 1.7 or higher.

I've already downloaded and installed (and rebooted) the latest version of Java twice.

I don't wish to reinstall Sage just to fix this. Anyone know what's going on? TIA
Old 08-13-2020, 07:19 AM
Sage Icon

Anytime you update Java, it seems to break SageTV. This is why we generally don't allow Java updates unless it is critical (so be sure the auto update feature is turned off).

The fix isn't that hard. Simply uninstall SageTV using the Windows uninstaller (don't worry, it doesn't delete your important setup files), reboot and run the SageTV installer for the correct version.

This will fix the issue and all of your settings, favorites, recordings, history, etc are retained.
OpenDCT
HD-300 HD Extenders (hooked to my whole-house A/V system for synched playback on multiple TVs - great during a Superbowl party)
Amazon Firestick 4k and Nvidia Shield using the MiniClient
Using CQC to control it all
Old 08-13-2020, 07:54 AM
Sage User

Thx for the reply.

Just my luck, I have No "uninstall" entry in my list of installed Windows apps (I had to restore an earlier install of Windows to fix other issues.)

I'll use "Revo Uninstaller", but how can I protect/backup my settings (including EPG123) so I don't lose them?

Thx.
Old 08-13-2020, 08:01 AM
Sage User

Ok, since the Install entry is missing, I simply ran the SageTV installer and reinstalled it to the same location.

Everything works now and nothing was lost. Thx.