SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Linux > SageTV for unRAID/Docker
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV for unRAID/Docker Discussion related to SageTV for unRAID/Docker. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to SageTV for unRAID/Docker should be posted here.

Old 07-25-2020, 12:54 AM
Sage Aficionado

Sage TV Docker Not Running Sage?

So, I've been messing around with getting Sage working in an Unraid Docker. Just got my Firewire card working, and things were moving along.

It's happened twice now where I had to restart my docker container and then Sage just wouldn't start. The container comes up and I can work with the file system through the console, but Sage itself doesn't startup.

The first time this happened, I deleted the docker, removed the trace files from the appdata folder and started fresh. My fresh start didn't go well as it refused to let me install the Jetty web server claiming I was missing the Ant dependency jar, but I couldn't find a way to install it through the plugin manager. I tried manually copying it in, but then the container started refusing to work again.

Has anyone else run into issues like this? I'm still pretty new to Unraid, Dockers, and even Linux, so forgive my n00b questions, but how does one go about troubleshooting this?

Thanks for any advice offered!
Old 07-25-2020, 12:59 AM
Sage Aficionado

OK, so I'm not sure what changed, but after restarting the docker container AGAIN, Sage did come up.

Still not able to install the Jetty web server though.

How does one go about getting the Ant 1.8.2+ dependency jar installed and registered?

Thanks!
Old 07-31-2020, 01:02 AM
Sage Aficionado

Hooray! My ANT+ plugin issue was resolved.

Going back to the original issue in this thread, it appears to be a very long startup time for the docker container. Probably about 7 minutes.

My UNRAID server is an older 3rd generation i7 /w 36GB DDR3 RAM, so it's not the fastest thing around, but its no slouch either.

Is this just a normal startup time?
Old 07-31-2020, 05:03 AM
SageTVaholic

If you look at the docker startup scripts for sagetv on unRAID it runs a few scripts. But, I suspect this is the one that is causing your delay

https://github.com/stuckless/sagetv-....d/30-setperms

This script will set the sagetv permissions on all files before allowing sagetv to start. So if you have lots of media files this could take some time.

It appears that if you set the OPT_SETPERMS to N it will skip it.
Old 07-31-2020, 08:39 AM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks! It does seem to be starting up a lot faster now. About 1 minute or less!
Old 08-03-2020, 02:38 PM
SageTVaholic

I wanted to share when I had a similar issue, it was because my cache drive was starting to fail. Just something else to check on if anyone finds this thread in the future.
SageTV v9 Server: ASRock Z97 Extreme4, Intel i7-4790K @ 4.4Ghz, 32GB RAM, 6x 3TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 5TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 6TB 7200rpm HD, 4x 256GB SSD, 4x 500GB SSD, unRAID Pro 6.7.2 (Dual Parity + SSD Cache).
Capture: 1x Ceton InfiniTV 4 (ClearQAM), 2x Ceton InfiniTV 6, 1x BM1000-HDMI, 1x BM3500-HDMI.

Clients: 1x HD300 (Living Room), 1x HD200 (Master Bedroom).
Software: OpenDCT :: WMC Live TV Tuner :: Schedules Direct EPG