SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 09-28-2019, 09:32 AM
Sage Aficionado

Recording engine ignores adjusted stop times

I have seen multiple recordings end at the original scheduled time, when I had manually adjusted the stop time to pad a few extra minutes. The most recent was late at night and there was no other recording scheduled, so the tuner was not needed for anything else.

I've looked at the log file and it just shows a normal recording ending at 11:30, rather than 11:32 where I had set it to end. I'm pretty sure this is happening to my favorites as well at least some of the time.

Any suggestions as to what to look for or why this might be happening?
Old 10-07-2019, 01:37 PM
Sage Icon

Were these manual recordings, or did you just add padding to the Favorite for that program?

If the same program, or another favorite is airing directly after the desired recording on that channel then it won't pad unless you set it up as a manual recording. i.e. on many networks like USA, TNT, etc they will air a premier at 8pm and then the next time slot is a repeat of that premier. Same issue if the next time slot is another favorite (even if it isn't a 1st run).
In that case using a favorite SageTV will not add the padding automatically. You have to set it as a manual recording and say YES to the prompt on whether to add the padding or not.

I run into this all the time on the cable networks which re-air premiers back to back all the time.
Old 10-07-2019, 02:36 PM
Sage Aficionado

Ah, that is what is happening most likely. It is with favorites where I've adjusted the padding for the favorite. Also, it's definitely happening on cable channels and the most recent occurrences I know had a repeat episode of the same series following.

Thanks for explaining.