SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 08-04-2019, 04:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

Can I have multiple Sched Direct accounts in Sagetv?

I'm trying to solve this problem:

I have (2) HDHR-CC Cable card tuners, which can do all of my non-premium/non Copy channels. I use this for the bulk of my records, as tuning is never an issue, etc, etc.

I also have an HD-PVR and an HD-3000BMI connected to Xfinity X1 STBs, which I have prioritized for premium channels and copy never channels.

My issue is that both of these tuners are using the Comcast X1 Digital channel list from Sched Direct, but obviously the HDHR-CC adapters are using a subset of all of the channels.

Currently, I have the full listing connected to the 2 STB tuners. And I have mad a copy of the listings for the HDHR-CC.

There are a lot of channels that I don't want and have disabled (such as the SD versions of HD channels, FM stations, Foreign language, etc). However, since my HDHR-CC listing is a copy, and not the original, any time I get a new channel, I have to go into the listing and manually add them.

What I would prefer is to have a 2nd "live" listing for my HDHR-CC so that it reacts the same as the STB tuners, and channels get added automatically.
The only way I can seem to do that on SD is to create and fund a 2nd account. But, if I do this, can I have 2 different SchedDirect accounts configured in Sagetv, or will it update listing 1 to the 2nd account when I do an "update userid/password"?
Old 08-04-2019, 05:38 PM
Sage Icon

I don’t think you can have 2 SD accounts in Sage. I think your only other option is to use a different provider for one of your lineups (either enter a different zip code, or select a different provider in the same zip code). But, I don’t think that will really solve the problem you are trying to solve, which is to have both lineups update automatically and correctly.
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 08-05-2019, 04:34 PM
SageTVaholic

I believe when you make a copy of the lineup that it asks you at some point if you want it to be kept separate and individual from the original. I'm not completely sure if that's what you're trying to do.

You could also select a new lineup for the HDHR-CC and select the same one over again from scratch I suppose, which would also be kept separate from the HDPVR's. I don't know how much of your HDHR-CC stuff is copy-once, but having that update and add channels automatically could be become problematic if it adds a copy-once channel.
Old 08-05-2019, 04:48 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
I believe when you make a copy of the lineup that it asks you at some point if you want it to be kept separate and individual from the original. I'm not completely sure if that's what you're trying to do.

You could also select a new lineup for the HDHR-CC and select the same one over again from scratch I suppose, which would also be kept separate from the HDPVR's. I don't know how much of your HDHR-CC stuff is copy-once, but having that update and add channels automatically could be become problematic if it adds a copy-once channel.
Sage only gives 3 choices - (1) make a brand new lineup(2) re-use an existing lineup, or (3) copy an existing lineup.

If you choose #1, it can't be the same provider as one of your existing lineups - it needs to actually be new and unique.

If you choose #2, it will be exactly the same, so if you disable a channel for one tuner, it will be disabled for all tuners that share that lineup.

If you choose #3, it starts out exactly the same, but it is a separate copy, so you can add or remove channels for just that copy. The problem is that the copied lineups don't get updates. So, if your cable provider adds a new channel, removes a channel, or makes some other change, only the original lineup gets updated by Sage automatically. Any copied lineups don't see the changes, so you have to go back and manually edit the copied lineups if you want them to get those changes too.

So the OP is really asking for a 4th option that would be almost like #3, but would also automatically handle the updates on the copied lineups.
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 08-05-2019, 05:33 PM
SageTVaholic

I did not know that a copied lineup does not get channel updates automatically. In my local market, new channels are so few and far between that I actually prefer to be notified of the new channel and then control the addition of those channels. It's especially hazardous with Spectrum - if my Ceton cablecard tuner grabbed every new channel, it would mean lots of new copy-once channels that would really muck up the system.

Thanks, Tiki.
Old 08-05-2019, 08:38 PM
Sage Expert

Another possibility is to configure one of the Comcast tuners using a channel lineup from a neighboring city (with a different city/zipcode, but mostly same stations & channel #s). All on a single SD account. Comcast publishes their channel lineups on their website, so it's not too hard to research. If you can't find the info on Comcast's website, use a 3rd-party website such as TitanTv.

I've used that trick here in the San Francisco bay area, where Comcast serves almost every city around the bay.
System #1: Win7-64, I7-920, 8 GB mem, 4TB HD. Java-64 1.8.0_141. Sage-64 v9.2.1 ATSC: 2x HDHR-US (1st gen white) tuners. HD-200.
System #2: Win7-64, I7-920, 8 GB mem, 4TB HD. Java 1.8.0_131. Sage v9.1.6.747. ClearQAM: 2x HDHR3-US tuners. HD-200.
System #3: Win7-64, I7-920, 12 GB mem, 4TB HD. Java-64 1.8.0_141. Sage-64 v9.2.1 ATSC: 2x HVR2250; Spectrum Cable via HDPVR & USB-UIRT. 3x HD-200.

Last edited by JustFred; 08-05-2019 at 08:40 PM.
Old 08-06-2019, 05:00 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustFred View Post
Another possibility is to configure one of the Comcast tuners using a channel lineup from a neighboring city (with a different city/zipcode, but mostly same stations & channel #s). All on a single SD account. Comcast publishes their channel lineups on their website, so it's not too hard to research. If you can't find the info on Comcast's website, use a 3rd-party website such as TitanTv.

I've used that trick here in the San Francisco bay area, where Comcast serves almost every city around the bay.
Right - that's what I meant by entering an alternate provider or zipcode... the only problem is that (a) it might be difficult to find an alternate lineup that is close to the same, and (b) even if it is close, it may not get the same updates at the same time, defeating the goal of having the lineup update automatically when channels are added or removed.
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR