SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 03-07-2019, 12:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

Switching services and Schedules Direct

Iam switching from Verizon FIOS to Spectrum TV. Same location same zip code, just switching TV service. So once I do this I will need a new TV guide listing. Do I just ad a new lineup in Sage TV? Do I need to do something at Schedules Direct? Can I just switch the lineup ? I see in Sage TV it says "Ad New Lineup". Not sure if I have to pay Schedules Direct again the $25?
Old 03-07-2019, 02:43 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc9mm View Post
Iam switching from Verizon FIOS to Spectrum TV. Same location same zip code, just switching TV service. So once I do this I will need a new TV guide listing. Do I just ad a new lineup in Sage TV? Do I need to do something at Schedules Direct? Can I just switch the lineup ? I see in Sage TV it says "Ad New Lineup". Not sure if I have to pay Schedules Direct again the $25?
You may add it in SageTV. SD allows I think 4 lineups per subscription, so no additional cost. (And I think they'll increase that limit if you have special circumstances.)
Old 03-07-2019, 05:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks

thank you for the info. Sounds good. Easy to ad another lineup. I assume I can disassociate the current Verizon FIOS lineup with the capture card once I ad the new line up to the capture card? As I wont be on FIOS any more.
Old 03-07-2019, 06:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Just to confirm, you are planning to use a cable card based tuner? If so, is your Spectrum service what used to be old Charter Cable, or old Time Warner/Brighthouse?
Old 03-07-2019, 09:52 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
Just to confirm, you are planning to use a cable card based tuner? If so, is your Spectrum service what used to be old Charter Cable, or old Time Warner/Brighthouse?
NO> To turn the channels I use a USB Uirt and the capture card is a hauppauge capture card.
So right now the Schedule Direct tv guide is associated with the hauppauge card right now. I will need to get that card associated with the new service Spectrum tv guide info when I switch on April 8th.
Old 03-07-2019, 10:40 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc9mm View Post
thank you for the info. Sounds good. Easy to ad another lineup. I assume I can disassociate the current Verizon FIOS lineup with the capture card once I ad the new line up to the capture card? As I wont be on FIOS any more.
I assume that too. I've never done that though. I have 3 lineups with two currently in use, so have not run across having to delete something.
Old 03-08-2019, 10:17 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarylFStein View Post
I assume that too. I've never done that though. I have 3 lineups with two currently in use, so have not run across having to delete something.
Iam not sure what happens when you ad a second lineup as I have never done that before. Maybe you pick which one or ones you want? I will find out this April 8th when the new service is installed. At least I know I dont have to do anything with Schedules Direct.