SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > General Discussion
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

General Discussion General discussion about SageTV and related companies, products, and technologies.

Old 12-18-2018, 05:55 PM

Schedules Direct + YouTube TV Guide

I just wondering did any one notices this in Schedules Direct Guide as listing
Old 12-18-2018, 06:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Nope. Please feel free to elaborate.
Old 12-18-2018, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
Nope. Please feel free to elaborate.
I do know but there a bunch of them that have been add to list
DirecTV Now
Hulu
Philo
Sling TV
Sony PSVue
Vidgo
and YouTube TV
I fine it a bit odd that those were add
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (243.2 KB, 325 views)
Old 12-19-2018, 01:22 PM
Sage Advanced User

Correct me if I am wrong, but there is currently no way for me to integrate YouTube TV into Sage so that Sage can record shows, Correct? I would love to be able to do that now that I have cut the cord with DirecTV and moved to YouTube TV. I thought that the only way to do that was with PlayOn, but at the moment YouTube TV is not supported with PlayOn.

That being said why would YouTube TV be showing up in Schedules Direct? Is there something I am missing?
Old 12-19-2018, 01:42 PM
SageTVaholic

I assume Schedules Direct license with Tribune Media Services gives them access to all their TV guide content. While it's not exactly useful to us, it's not overly surprising that TMS would have Youtube TV guide data (and guide data from the other streaming services).
Old 12-19-2018, 01:49 PM
Sage User

I am curious about this as well. I have Comcast for locals and internet, and sling for everything else. Would love to access sling from sage.
Old 12-19-2018, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reggie14 View Post
I assume Schedules Direct license with Tribune Media Services gives them access to all their TV guide content. While it's not exactly useful to us, it's not overly surprising that TMS would have Youtube TV guide data (and guide data from the other streaming services).
It not longer Tribune Media Services it now called Grace Note
Old 12-19-2018, 05:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghildebr View Post
Correct me if I am wrong, but there is currently no way for me to integrate YouTube TV into Sage so that Sage can record shows, Correct? I would love to be able to do that now that I have cut the cord with DirecTV and moved to YouTube TV. I thought that the only way to do that was with PlayOn, but at the moment YouTube TV is not supported with PlayOn.

That being said why would YouTube TV be showing up in Schedules Direct? Is there something I am missing?
If there is a device that puts television out via HDMI, then there is a way to get it into Sage. I suppose the real challenge is how plan the automated tuning of live TV on that device.

The question will eventually become ... why would you want to? To have control over our media of course.
Old 12-19-2018, 05:47 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
... why would you want to? To have control over our media of course.
Exactly!!!
Old 12-19-2018, 06:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

I would love to see a plug-in (or piece of hardware that could be set up as a tuner that Sage could see) that would allow you to put your username\password in for a service like YouTube TV and then correlate that tuner with Guide Data, lets say right out of Schedules Directs YouTube TV Lineup, so that one could select shows right off of the guide, or setup and use with favorites, then allow Sage to automatically record those shows for you.

That is the one thing, in my opinion, that is missing from this product that would bring it from a great group of end users supporting an awesome product, to something that cord cutters could use and go mainstream with.
Old 12-20-2018, 03:37 AM

Quote:
I would love to see a plug-in (or piece of hardware that could be set up as a tuner that Sage could see) that would allow you to put your username\password in for a service like YouTube TV and then correlate that tuner with Guide Data, lets say right out of Schedules Directs YouTube TV Lineup, so that one could select shows right off of the guide, or setup and use with favorites, then allow Sage to automatically record those shows for you.

That is the one thing, in my opinion, that is missing from this product that would bring it from a great group of end users supporting an awesome product, to something that cord cutters could use and go mainstream with.
All them have DRM so it petty used less
Old 12-20-2018, 08:14 AM
Sage Advanced User

DirecTV has had DRM on many of the channels I use to subscribe to and I never had a problem recording them into Sage, assuming you know what hardware to put into place to get around it. That is the reason I believe it would most likely need to be a hardware solution. Something with a Ethernet drop for internet connectivity and an HDMI out would suffice for me. The harder part would be getting the guide data and changing the channels correctly. I will patiently wait for PlayOn to get support for YouTube TV and go that route. From everything I have read they are working on a solution.
Old 12-20-2018, 12:11 PM

Quote:
DirecTV has had DRM on many of the channels I use to subscribe to and I never had a problem recording them into Sage, assuming you know what hardware to put into place to get around it. That is the reason I believe it would most likely need to be a hardware solution. Something with a Ethernet drop for internet connectivity and an HDMI out would suffice for me. The harder part would be getting the guide data and changing the channels correctly. I will patiently wait for PlayOn to get support for YouTube TV and go that route. From everything I have read they are working on a solution.
It also very possible they may go the route like that HDHomeRun had gone who know, which I think is the best way to go, but for me they don't carry the channel we like to watch.