SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v9 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v9 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 9 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 9 and newer.

Old 09-14-2018, 06:26 AM
Sage Aficionado

Retrieve Plugin from another install of Sage?

Is it possible to retrieve a plug-in from an old install/backup of SageTV?

And if so, where do I find it?

There is a plug-in I would like to have installed on my current setup but it appears not to be available any more. The download link doesn't work, the Developer isn't around much anymore and has indicated that it is probably just an issue with the link or permissions, but has never gotten around to fixing it.

I am sure I have a old backup of a previous Sage Server or client that had the plug-in installed.

The only constant in the Universe is change.
Old 09-14-2018, 09:31 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by UgaData View Post
Is it possible to retrieve a plug-in from an old install/backup of SageTV?

And if so, where do I find it?

There is a plug-in I would like to have installed on my current setup but it appears not to be available any more. The download link doesn't work, the Developer isn't around much anymore and has indicated that it is probably just an issue with the link or permissions, but has never gotten around to fixing it.

I am sure I have a old backup of a previous Sage Server or client that had the plug-in installed.
What plugin? A list of what you will need can be found in the plugin manifest.

If you have a backup of the Sage directory you can most likely recover what you need and then manually install it. Plugins typically have two parts: and .stvi which alters the user interface and a JAR file which provides Java functionality. The .stvi is located in the same directory as the SageTV7.xml file and the .jar file is located in the JAR directory.

Some plugins have other files and dependencies.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 09-14-2018, 11:47 AM
Sage Aficionado

The Plug-in referenced here: https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64589

It has been unavailable for at least a year.

Thank You for the direction. I will try this over the weekend and see what happens.

Another option maybe if someone downloaded it as part of Sluggers script.

The only constant in the Universe is change.