SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 05-08-2018, 05:07 PM
Sage Aficionado

extending recording time 1 min

I am hoping there is a way to add 1 min to recording time. I know it exists for linux version but I dont see it as an option in the windows version other than making a manual record. Doing adjustment manually screws around with timing & detected commercial spots on playback. I dont want 15 mins extra. I only need to add on to end of daily recordings that are cut off at end due to scheduling games by network. Any way to do that even if i need to hack code to adjust it?
Old 05-08-2018, 05:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Padding on a favorite. You can add as many minutes as you want to the beginning and ending of each favorite. Just like you can with a manual recordings. You can even setup default padding on manual recordings and favorites so that any new favorites or manual recordings will get the default padding. I have all of my favorites setup to 2 minutes on both ends as well as that as a default for favorites and manuals.
Old 05-09-2018, 05:03 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thanx My new tip of the day.
Old 05-09-2018, 05:08 PM
Sage Aficionado

where do i do that?

under manage favorites it only gives me option of 15 min when i go right? maybe I am missing something or in wrong location. I am running win sagetv server version 9.1.8.770
Old 05-09-2018, 05:18 PM
Sage Aficionado

doh a bit slow on the uptake! I was just clicking on icon on screen before not using keyboard to make changes. Lived & learned.

All good now!
Old 05-09-2018, 07:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Glad you got it sorted.

I use a remote on my extender. Left and Right move 1 minute at a time. Page Left/Rew and Page Right/FF adjust 15 minutes. Using a mouse with Placeshifter I use the tall skinny arrows closest to the padding amount display for single minutes and the shorter fatter outside arrows for 15 minutes. Don't normally use a keyboard for access (where I need the arrows anyway) so glad you found out what they were. Actually I guess I should rephrase that. I don't know which keys are the Page Left/Rew and Page Right/FF off hand the left and right arrows are obvious - duh!

Last edited by BobPhoenix; 05-09-2018 at 08:53 PM.
Old 05-10-2018, 10:25 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPhoenix View Post
... You can even setup default padding on manual recordings and favorites so that any new favorites or manual recordings will get the default padding...
Can this be done from a Sage interface, or does it require editing the properties file?
Old 05-10-2018, 11:13 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchiso View Post
Can this be done from a Sage interface, or does it require editing the properties file?
From the GUI.

Go to Setup | Detailed Setup | Customize | Default Favorite Settings | Configure

Default favorite settings is near the bottom of the list.
Old 05-10-2018, 09:27 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnjj View Post
From the GUI.

Go to Setup | Detailed Setup | Customize | Default Favorite Settings | Configure

Default favorite settings is near the bottom of the list.
That menu path is not available on STV3. I switched over to STV7 to make the adjustment. We'll see if it works. Thanks for the tip ...
Old 05-11-2018, 07:17 AM
Administrator

Default Fav/MR settings were hidden features before the open source STV update. So, for the v3 STV, you'll have to enable the hidden features to see the options.

Those default padding settings are STV based, not core based, so the STV has to support it. And you might have to have the hidden features enabled for it to continue to function after moving back to the v3 style STV.

Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 05-11-2018, 09:04 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
Default Fav/MR settings were hidden features before the open source STV update. So, for the v3 STV, you'll have to enable the hidden features to see the options.

Those default padding settings are STV based, not core based, so the STV has to support it. And you might have to have the hidden features enabled for it to continue to function after moving back to the v3 style STV.

Andy
Thanks, Andy. I will look into that this evening. My current manual recordings are already set to add extend a minute. I’ll set this up before I schedule my recordings for the week ...