SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-20-2018, 01:07 PM
Sage User

Random FUTURE programs in my list of recorded shows

SageTV user for over 10 years, had this problem sporadically in the past, but I could manage it.

What happens is that my tv recordings (OTA) shows random programs with a recording date in the future. As much as I'd like to know the results of the news or sports two weeks from now, obviously there's nothing in the recordings, and I'm unable to delete them until their recording date passes (It never actually records the random shows).

Previously, this would happen after I had to reinstall SageTV for some reason, but I just had to be patient to delete the initial group. It's always within about 2 weeks of the present. Now, I'm constantly getting new "recordings." There's always about 30 future shows when we sort our recordings by date.

It's completely random and includes shows that we would never consider watching.

Running the latest SageTV on a Windows 10 laptop, with SageMC STV

Any help would be appreciated!
Old 01-20-2018, 04:10 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Quest View Post
SageTV user for over 10 years, had this problem sporadically in the past, but I could manage it.

What happens is that my tv recordings (OTA) shows random programs with a recording date in the future. As much as I'd like to know the results of the news or sports two weeks from now, obviously there's nothing in the recordings, and I'm unable to delete them until their recording date passes (It never actually records the random shows).
I used to get that all the time before V9, and what was actually happening was not newly-recorded or scheduled "future" shows but rather existing (typically a few years old) shows having their metadata changed to that of upcoming shows. So you don't want to delete them but rather correct their metadata after the future date has passed. I found a thread after updating to 9 that seems to have eliminated, or at least reduced, the problem. It involved adding or change a line in the sage.properties file. The notes on what to change are on a different computer that is off at the moment. I'll look for the info later tonight and update this reply.
Server: Windows 8.1 4gb RAM; 4TB SATA + others. Homebrew quad core AMD. Inputs: Haup. 980, 850 & 950Q on ATSC; Haup 1600 on ATSC & Comcast 2 DTAs with USBUIRT for NTSC. Haup 1800 on ATSC. HDHR Dual (ATSC). Sage 9.22 64 bit.
Old 01-21-2018, 10:48 AM
Sage User

Your explanation makes sense, but is far less interesting than a possible space/time anomaly.

Please let me know if you were able to dig up more info on how to resolve this.
Old 01-21-2018, 07:28 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Quest View Post
Your explanation makes sense, but is far less interesting than a possible space/time anomaly.

Please let me know if you were able to dig up more info on how to resolve this.
Somehow the notes I thought I'd made either got lost in a system crash last June or I never made them. However, I did find some threads that rang bells:

This one: https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57656
See the post by ke6guj, who says to make this change in the .properties file:

repair_mismatched_media_filenames=true

and this one, from Opus4:
https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56629
which says to set the "seeker/ignore_airing_ids_in_imported_filenames" property to true.

I think I did the latter with some success. That said, I just stumbled across a stray misnamed show that I need to make note of to fix. But I used to get several per week.
Server: Windows 8.1 4gb RAM; 4TB SATA + others. Homebrew quad core AMD. Inputs: Haup. 980, 850 & 950Q on ATSC; Haup 1600 on ATSC & Comcast 2 DTAs with USBUIRT for NTSC. Haup 1800 on ATSC. HDHR Dual (ATSC). Sage 9.22 64 bit.
Old 01-23-2018, 06:27 PM
SageTVaholic

My personal observations on this phenomena is the weird shows that are suddenly in your schedule are airings there were something you wanted and the show for that channel and timeslot changed. This is an issue that should correct itself over time, but it's most commonly seen during/after an EPG import before Carny has had a chance to fix things and drop the unwanted scheduling. You'll see it much more often if it takes a really long time to complete EPG updates.

You can always check the favorite associated with the airing to see what favorite SageTV thinks the airing falls under. It will likely not make any sense. You can then check future airings of that show to see that the wrong airing doesn't show up in that more up to the minute list. If it's on that list, then we might have a bug.
SageTV v9 Server: ASRock Z97 Extreme4, Intel i7-4790K @ 4.4Ghz, 32GB RAM, 6x 3TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 5TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 6TB 7200rpm HD, 4x 256GB SSD, 4x 500GB SSD, unRAID Pro 6.7.2 (Dual Parity + SSD Cache).
Capture: 1x Ceton InfiniTV 4 (ClearQAM), 2x Ceton InfiniTV 6, 1x BM1000-HDMI, 1x BM3500-HDMI.

Clients: 1x HD300 (Living Room), 1x HD200 (Master Bedroom).
Software: OpenDCT :: WMC Live TV Tuner :: Schedules Direct EPG
Old 01-24-2018, 01:44 AM
Sage Aficionado

There may be two phenomena here: (1) future random airings that are not linked to an actual recording, and (2) those that are linked, and for which the old recording has acquired the wrong metadata. I've experienced both, but the more troublesome are type-2, because you then have to repair the metadata for the existing recording. If you "watch" the future recording, it goes to live tv and your recording gets overwritten. I've had a significant reduction of the type 2 issues since changing my properties file as I described, and am less worried about the type-1 phenomena. If an unintended show happens to record, I can just delete it.