SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Linux > SageTV for unRAID/Docker
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV for unRAID/Docker Discussion related to SageTV for unRAID/Docker. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to SageTV for unRAID/Docker should be posted here.

Old 12-11-2017, 05:12 PM
Sage Icon

Problems with Hangups Browsing Videos

Okay, this is driving me a bit nuts. Browsing through imported videos in Android MiniClient using Gemstone, the cursor suddenly stops on one video folder (different one every time) and Sage becomes completely unresponsive (this client only). No keys work (the long-press menu will appear but not do anything Sage-related, just exit). After a minute or so the screen goes blank and the MiniClient exits.

Any idea what's going wrong? If I go back in straight away to the MiniClient it will do it again, but if I clear out GeneratedThumbnails first it's okay.

I'm attaching a server log, just a short 3-minute one, where it happened. MiniClient involved is 4f424f464853 (although it happens on others too).

Any ideas where the issue is? Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: zip sagetv_0.zip (272.3 KB, 142 views)
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients
Old 12-11-2017, 09:24 PM
Sage Fanatic

Maybe this?

https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/sho...510#post612510
Old 12-12-2017, 02:33 AM
Sage Icon

Ah, that looks like it, thanks. It's weird though, the folders I see it hang up on, I don't see any really long filenames. Can it be caching a different folder than the one you're on?
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Old 12-12-2017, 06:55 AM
Sage Fanatic

As I recall it seemed really random on which folder it froze. Maybe it is doing some pre-caching or something.
Old 12-12-2017, 07:05 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarylFStein View Post
As I recall it seemed really random on which folder it froze. Maybe it is doing some pre-caching or something.
That would make sense. Do we know what the limit is? How many characters?
Old 12-12-2017, 07:55 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickgillyon View Post
That would make sense. Do we know what the limit is? How many characters?
The problem is that Android has a max filename limit of 256 chars. Ultimately the fix for this requires that the client advertise what it's filesystem limits are to the server, and then the server can ensure that any filename it sends is less than this.

I tried to "fix" this on the miniclient, but, it's too complicated, since I need to keep the original name that sagetv sends me, to send it back to the server, so there is a lot of mapping going on.

When sagetv sends filenames to the miniclient for images, it includes the full path of that file, so, if you have a filename like,

c:/programfiles/sagetv/images/some_really_long_name_with_complete_epside_information.jpg

then that entire path (including the directory) is converted to a filename and sent as the unique filename for the image... so this where you can quite easily start to go over the 256 character limit.
Old 12-12-2017, 08:01 AM
Sage Icon

Thanks. Can I tell Sage/Client/Gemstone/Phoenix or everywhere to not bother with thumbnails? The images I already get are fine for me.
Old 12-12-2017, 09:27 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
The problem is that Android has a max filename limit of 256 chars. Ultimately the fix for this requires that the client advertise what it's filesystem limits are to the server, and then the server can ensure that any filename it sends is less than this.

I tried to "fix" this on the miniclient, but, it's too complicated, since I need to keep the original name that sagetv sends me, to send it back to the server, so there is a lot of mapping going on.

When sagetv sends filenames to the miniclient for images, it includes the full path of that file, so, if you have a filename like,

c:/programfiles/sagetv/images/some_really_long_name_with_complete_epside_information.jpg

then that entire path (including the directory) is converted to a filename and sent as the unique filename for the image... so this where you can quite easily start to go over the 256 character limit.
Is it not possible to just add some error checking on the mini-client that checks the length of the file name and just skips it or displays a placeholder image (like a broken link on a web page) if it is too long?
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR