SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 07-24-2004, 12:17 PM
Sage Icon

Question Album Art 101

OK ... I am messin' around with MlbDude 1.8.7 and I want to make Album Cover Art show up. Reading through the threads I have seen discussions about embedding them in the MP3's and downloading tools to do so and then I think I am seeing that there is an easy way to do this in MlbDude by placing images in a JPG folder somewhere and I guess linking them to the MP3's somehow. Anyway, I've wanted to do this since I got SageTV but spent the time learning the TV side and skin customizations first. Can anyone tell me if and how this can be done?

Thanks! T.
Old 07-25-2004, 06:07 PM

If you want to use folder.jpg for the music library, you need to use the folder based music library. You can enable that in the Detailed Setup\Enhancements section. You can no longer view MP3's by their tags though.
Old 07-25-2004, 06:54 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks ... OK, I enabled Music Folders. Two things;

1 - I have a default audio folder (D:\My Documents\MY SageTv\Audio) where all of my MP3's are stored and that path is reflected in the Setup for Library Import Directories. With Music folders enabled, when I go to the Jukebox and click through the folders and then click an MP3 it does not play??

2 - As for the Album Art, where should the JPG folder go (i.e: Album Art.jpg) be placed?

Thanks again ... T.
Old 07-25-2004, 06:56 PM

If you have all your files in one folder that mod is probably not for you. It is for people that have a folder structure setup. Folders for Genre's\Artist etc. Each folder can have a folder.jpg.
Old 07-25-2004, 07:07 PM
Sage Icon

Actually I do have a folder structure. That includes Genre\Artist\Album. So, do I then just create a folder with the same name as the album with a .jpg extention beneath it and place the jpg file there?

Also, what about the MP3 not playing when clicked?? Any thoughts?
Old 07-25-2004, 07:49 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to mikejaner
Name the picture in each folder "folder.jpg" Do not name it the name of the album. Exactly folder.jpg in each folder. That threw me off for a while at first too.
Old 07-25-2004, 08:56 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally posted by mikejaner
Name the picture in each folder "folder.jpg" Do not name it the name of the album. Exactly folder.jpg in each folder. That threw me off for a while at first too.
Not happening for me? Took an Album Cover (300x300 JPG file) from CDDB and placed it in a folder. Did it with Sage shut down. Launched Sage and navigated to the folder in Jukebox and no cover?? Even tried Refreshing the Media Library ... Now the folder is several levels deep ...

D:\My Documents\My SageTV\Audio\Genre\Artist\Album Name

Could that be a problem??

Thanks, T.

Last edited by mightyt; 07-25-2004 at 09:43 PM.
Old 07-26-2004, 01:23 AM
Sage Icon

OK, for some reason the Album Covers show up on the server in Folder View. As for then MP3's not playing, well it turns out to be my ignorance with how MlbDude works. Apparently when I click a song it only adds it to a play list and you have to play the play list to hear the songs, unlike Sage. That leads me to another bug ... the songs use to play with visualizations. Now there is no visualization motion. Anyone else have that same issue?
Old 08-01-2004, 06:30 AM
Sage Advanced User

Visualization is a setting true or false in the properties file.

I have added folder.jpg to one of my albums.
Now, when I go to jukebox, music by album, I can see no change; when I select the album with the folder.jpg in it, it says "No art available", but when I play the tracks in the album I get my picture for 5 seconds and that's it.
Is this normal or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks, jan
Old 08-03-2004, 03:58 AM
Sage Advanced User

no replies; discussion closed?
I have exactly the same problem as mightyt above.
When I enable "File system music player" in enhancements, The picture shows (several levels deep), but I cannot play the tracks, just add them to a playlist.
When I disable "File system music player", The picture is not visable in the music folder overview, it only shows when playing a track (for 5 seconds that the OSD is visable).
Can somebody please explain what we are doing wrong, because I can hardly believe that everybody has this the same way.

Thanks, jan
Old 08-03-2004, 06:09 AM
Sage Advanced User

Problem solved!
I used CDEX to rip mp3's.
Thanks to an excellent description of DFranch about Jukebox issues on this forum, I now use The Godfather with very positive results.
Of course I should have searched longer on the forum to find the solution before asking.

Thank you DFranch!

jan