SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 06-17-2017, 01:43 PM
Sage Icon

Some photos not showing up

4 days ago I switched from V7 with V3 stv (GUI) to V9 with V7 stv on Windows7 and a bunch of my photos now aren't showing up.

I have only one photo import folder that goes to the root folder of where I store my pictures. In that folder I have 2 top level folders. One has ~26k photos and the ~2k.

The top level photo screen correctly lists the number of photos in each folder, but when I drill down into the folder with ~26k photos the newest 6 subfolders are missing and the newest one it shows says "193 photos" on the folder icon but when I drill down into that one there are well over 1000 when I add up what's shown on those subfolders.

I tired refreshing imported media with no luck.

wiz.bin has all of the missing files and the screensaver is pulling some of them up as I type this. Maybe some kind of issue with the STV or the API?

Last edited by wnjj; 06-17-2017 at 01:49 PM.
Old 06-17-2017, 11:14 PM
Sage Icon

I did some more digging on this. I had it a bit wrong. I have 2 import folders, not 2 folders at the top of one import path.

I found the setting in photos where you can display the import folders 'separate' or 'combined'. When I switch to 'combined', the missing pictures all show up in their folders, BUT the original pictures that were there show up but under the folder that is the last part of the import path (the one when using 'separate').

So I used my wiz2SQL tool (shameless plug) to look into the difference in the pictures that show and those that don't.

It turns out that the way the pictures are stored in wiz.bin changed (for me) in May-June of 2011 which was right about the time I moved from V6 to V7 (when the unlocked V7 exe was released). There is both a path (called 'videoDirectory') and 'name' stored in wiz.bin.

Using the 'separate' view mode, the photos that show up correctly have the the name of the top level import folder in the beginning of the 'name' but the ones that don't show up do not.

For example, with a import folder "c:\pictures" with a files on disk called "c:\pictures\subfolder\old.jpg" and "c:\pictures\subfolder\new.jpg". The old one is stored in wiz.bin with a videoDirectory of "c:\pictures" and a name of "pictures/subfolder/old.jpg". The new one is stored in wiz.bin with same videoDirectory of "c:\pictures" but a name of "subfolder/new.jpg".

It looks like the import folder was excluded from the 'name' in V7 vs V6. Somehow the code that pulls these pictures up for the screensaver has no problem finding them but the photo section gets confused since it's obviously not expecting both types.

Is there a way to get Sage to clean up these paths so they're consistent?

Last edited by wnjj; 06-17-2017 at 11:20 PM.
Old 06-18-2017, 12:00 AM
Sage Icon

So I found out that if I even move the folders under a different level inside the import path then do a media rescan, Sage recreates them in wiz.db in the "new" format. After testing this a couple times, now it shows me only the "new" photos in the 'separate' view!

Anyway if I move all of the old folders, scan, then move them back I think it will clean this all up. I'd be surprised if I'm the only one this happened to.