SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Linux > SageTV for unRAID/Docker
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV for unRAID/Docker Discussion related to SageTV for unRAID/Docker. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to SageTV for unRAID/Docker should be posted here.

Old 05-02-2017, 01:18 PM
Sage Aficionado

Comskip Donator

Hi, I am trying to install the donator comskip.exe file on my unRAID system and could use some help.
For one thing, do I only need the comskip.exe file, or the comskipGUI.exe as well?

I don't know how to add or overwrite a file in this OS and I am on a remote PC logging in. Also, not sure how to stop SageTV docker while still seeing the file structure? Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Old 05-02-2017, 02:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuMan321 View Post
Hi, I am trying to install the donator comskip.exe file on my unRAID system and could use some help.
For one thing, do I only need the comskip.exe file, or the comskipGUI.exe as well?

I don't know how to add or overwrite a file in this OS and I am on a remote PC logging in. Also, not sure how to stop SageTV docker while still seeing the file structure? Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
The Docker image already ships with the donator version. There is no need to update. If there is a need to update, I will typically update the docker image with the new comskip binrary. (I built it from sources which includes the Donator features... people should still continue to support the author, even though, this binrary image is basically the same as the donator version)
Old 05-02-2017, 02:29 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thank you for the quick response - I don't think I have needed it to this point so I did not know. Also, the _097 version of the .exe file seemed much larger than the .exe file on my unRAID SageTV docker - but who better to know than you!

Thanks for everything - my system is running very smoothly and I think a testament to how good things run is this forum is not that active.
Old 08-24-2018, 06:35 AM
Sage Fanatic

Before I found this thread I went ahead and downloaded the latest donator version 82 and replaced the v80 that had installed with docker. Should I anticipate any issues with that?

Been years since I messed wityh comskip on any OS. Where do I go in UNRAID to confirm it's running, or to set the number of concurrent instances? Or is that done via the Sage UI?
Old 08-24-2018, 09:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by btrcp2000 View Post
Before I found this thread I went ahead and downloaded the latest donator version 82 and replaced the v80 that had installed with docker. Should I anticipate any issues with that?

Been years since I messed wityh comskip on any OS. Where do I go in UNRAID to confirm it's running, or to set the number of concurrent instances? Or is that done via the Sage UI?
Replacing the comskip version is fine (provided you actually replaced it with a linux version). the unRAID docker does come with its pre-built version. It is configured in the SageTV UI. I guess you'll know if it's not working, since, you won't get comskip markers after you record a show