SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v9 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v9 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 9 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 9 and newer.

Old 11-23-2019, 10:38 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster2 View Post
I was using FWChannelProxy before this and it worked just fine. Did some Windows updates and it stopped, and no matter how simple all the directions are, I can't get it working again, at least through Sage's interface. I can force a channel change via channel.exe, so I know the 1394 port on the cable box is functional. After that, it's a mystery...
Whatever command line you used to force the channel change is the same command line you put into the registry entry. Then substitute the %% variables instead of the hardcoded values. I don’t understand your question about the “directory” the the registry entry is in.

How about posting screenshots of your registry entry and the files in your relevant directories? Also post the .ir file you’re using. Guessing what you have setup wrong isn’t working.
Old 11-23-2019, 10:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnjj View Post
Whatever command line you used to force the channel change is the same command line you put into the registry entry. Then substitute the %% variables instead of the hardcoded values. I don’t understand your question about the “directory” the the registry entry is in.

How about posting screenshots of your registry entry and the files in your relevant directories? Also post the .ir file you’re using. Guessing what you have setup wrong isn’t working.
thanks, I’ll do all this - stay tuned
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 11-24-2019, 10:19 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

Okay, here are the registry photos. I’ll add the .ir snaps ASAP
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 11-24-2019, 10:34 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

And now the .ir files. For some reason. This may be the problem, as I have no idea how or why these work, what their content or naming should be...

The only thing I know for sure is that my Panel Device # is ‘2’, and what channel.exe -v returned as ID #’s for the Cisco set top box.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 91E68AB3-5BB5-4826-AB5E-E8FFF32B5F0C.jpeg (352.3 KB, 166 views)
File Type: jpeg EB84D10E-4A8B-4D1D-A4A6-033250836E72.jpeg (230.4 KB, 156 views)
File Type: jpeg 9B964A17-DFC9-4900-BD23-DC606DC35CD8.jpeg (194.9 KB, 165 views)

Last edited by tvmaster2; 11-24-2019 at 10:36 AM.
Old 11-24-2019, 10:50 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster2 View Post
And now the .ir files. For some reason. This may be the problem, as I have no idea how or why these work, what their content or naming should be...

The only thing I know for sure is that my Panel Device # is ‘2’, and what channel.exe -v returned as ID #’s for the Cisco set top box.
I don’t see an .ir file for your “2” device. Copy the TunerStub.ir file in the EXEMultiTunerPlugin directory to 2.ir and then edit inside it to change it to a single line with:

2 38000 400 3

The “2” is the device name and the other fields are baud rate, etc. that aren’t used for EXEMultiTuner but since the generic plugin code expects them you need some numbers there as dummies.

BobPhoenix described it here: https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/sho...8&postcount=27

Make sure there’s a copy of EXEMultiTunerPlugin.dll in the sagetv\common directory.

Last edited by wnjj; 11-24-2019 at 10:53 AM.
Old 11-24-2019, 11:04 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I don’t see an .ir file for your “2” device. Copy the TunerStub.ir file in the EXEMultiTunerPlugin directory to 2.ir and then edit inside it to change it to a single line with:

2 38000 400 3

The “2” is the device name and the other fields are baud rate, etc. that aren’t used for EXEMultiTuner but since the generic plugin code expects them you need some numbers there as dummies.

BobPhoenix described it here: https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/sho...8&postcount=27

Make sure there’s a copy of EXEMultiTunerPlugin.dll in the sagetv\common directory.
Ok, thanks, Ill try this. I guess you’re not a FWChannelProxy user?

BINGO! As I thought, it was the improper .ir settings that did it. Thanks so much. I copied, renamed, altered interior info, and then copied the .dll from within the EXEMultiTunerPlugin dir to the ''Common" dir, and channel changing is back and running. It may be the .dll files were from different download sites, or one had become corrupted, but either way, thanks!
Now, time to learn how to use my USB-UIRT device too

Last edited by tvmaster2; 11-24-2019 at 11:16 AM.