SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Linux > SageTV for unRAID/Docker
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV for unRAID/Docker Discussion related to SageTV for unRAID/Docker. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to SageTV for unRAID/Docker should be posted here.

Old 01-25-2017, 01:26 PM
Sage Icon

problem tuning single channel with OpenDCT Docker

I have been happily running sage and opendct on linux (baremetal Ubuntu 14.04) but thought i'd try out a docker install. I have an UNRaid server already running, so that was my testbench. I was using the "CraziFuzzy/opendct-docker" and the sage docker from stuckless.

Install and setup went fine, but i discovered that one of my channels later failed to tune. I recall that this specific channel worked on Day 1, but was no longer there on Day 2. Here are the opendct and sagetv logs for 8:40AM to 8:43AM when I was tried to tune that channel.

Anything in here point to a smoking gun?

(the log shows a recording for "Today" which wasn't working, and then a manual recording on that same channel [/var/media/19578_804_0123_0841-0.ts] since I wanted to force OpenDCT to try a second tuner.)

I should note that other channels did work. I do have log entries for a later show that did work, but this NBC channel still failed to tune, even after a few resets of my HDHR3-CC and the docker instances.

thanks
matt

edit: I was able to tune and view the channel via the Silicon Dust 'hdhomerun-config' program, so the stream from Comcast seemed to be OK.
Attached Files
File Type: txt opendct.log.txt (85.1 KB, 169 views)
File Type: txt sagetv_0.txt (291.6 KB, 152 views)

Last edited by matt91; 01-25-2017 at 01:56 PM.
Old 01-25-2017, 01:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt91 View Post
I have been happily running sage and opendct on linux (baremetal Ubuntu 14.04) but thought i'd try out a docker install. I have an UNRaid server already running, so that was my testbench. I was using the "CraziFuzzy/opendct-docker" and the sage docker from stuckless.

Install and setup went fine, but i discovered that one of my channels later failed to tune. I recall that this specific channel worked on Day 1, but was no longer there on Day 2. Here are the opendct and sagetv logs for 8:40AM to 8:43AM when I was tried to tune that channel.

Anything in here point to a smoking gun?

(the log shows a recording for "Today" which wasn't working, and then a manual recording on that same channel [/var/media/19578_804_0123_0841-0.ts] since I wanted to force OpenDCT to try a second tuner.)

I should note that other channels did work. I do have log entries for a later show that did work, but this NBC channel still failed to tune, even after a few resets of HD HomeRun and the docker instances.

thanks
matt

edit: I was able to tune and view the channel via the Silicon Dust 'hdhomerun-config' program, so the stream from Comcast seemed to be OK.
It looks like the media server remuxer was unable determine the format of the container. The exact reason can't be determined from the SageTV logs. You will want to add a file named NATIVE_LOG.ENABLE to your SageTV folder, then restart SageTV. SageTV will then create a file called Native.log and that should give us a better idea of what's happening.
SageTV v9 Server: ASRock Z97 Extreme4, Intel i7-4790K @ 4.4Ghz, 32GB RAM, 6x 3TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 5TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 6TB 7200rpm HD, 4x 256GB SSD, 4x 500GB SSD, unRAID Pro 6.7.2 (Dual Parity + SSD Cache).
Capture: 1x Ceton InfiniTV 4 (ClearQAM), 2x Ceton InfiniTV 6, 1x BM1000-HDMI, 1x BM3500-HDMI.

Clients: 1x HD300 (Living Room), 1x HD200 (Master Bedroom).
Software: OpenDCT :: WMC Live TV Tuner :: Schedules Direct EPG