SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Github Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Github Development Discussion related to SageTV Open Source Development. Use this forum for development topics about the Open Source versions of SageTV, hosted on Github.

Old 01-05-2017, 02:55 PM
Sage Fanatic

What level of Java is requred for SageTV V9?

I am currently on V7 Update 51.
Tuner: HDHomeRun Connect Duo
Sources: OTA, Sling Blue, Prime, Disney+,
Clients: ShieldTV (2), Fire TV Stick 4K (4)
Old 01-05-2017, 03:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetworkGuy View Post
I am currently on V7 Update 51.
You can stick with that... but eventually Java 8 will be the min requirement... (I'm running Java8 and will likely start using Java 9 when it is available)
Old 01-05-2017, 03:14 PM
Sage Aficionado

I still use the jetty webserver and had to install version 7 myself or I would not even have it installed as it would not work with version 8 when I tried it.

I think as long as you don't need that you should not need version 7
Old 01-05-2017, 04:52 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by trallyus View Post
I still use the jetty webserver and had to install version 7 myself or I would not even have it installed as it would not work with version 8 when I tried it.

I think as long as you don't need that you should not need version 7
Hmmm....I occasionally use the jetty webserver. Are there any plans to update it?

Thanks,
John
Tuner: HDHomeRun Connect Duo
Sources: OTA, Sling Blue, Prime, Disney+,
Clients: ShieldTV (2), Fire TV Stick 4K (4)
Old 01-06-2017, 06:46 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetworkGuy View Post
Hmmm....I occasionally use the jetty webserver. Are there any plans to update it?

Thanks,
John
I'm sure at some point, when someone gets time.

I should point out that I've been running sagetv on Java 8 for a couple years, and I rely heavily on the SageTV web server (not just BMT), and the only thing that didn't work for me is the /apps/ url, so I built a static page that points to bmt, web server, mobile webserver, etc.
Old 01-06-2017, 11:12 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
I'm sure at some point, when someone gets time.

I should point out that I've been running sagetv on Java 8 for a couple years, and I rely heavily on the SageTV web server (not just BMT), and the only thing that didn't work for me is the /apps/ url, so I built a static page that points to bmt, web server, mobile webserver, etc.
hi. any reason why I can't get into the SageTV web server? I've got both Java 7 and 8 installed, but just get a 'forbidden' page when I try. This just happened within the last month, when uninstalling and reinstalling some plugins. Driving me nuts, but from what you're saying, Java 8 shouldn't be the problem.
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 01-06-2017, 11:58 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster2 View Post
hi. any reason why I can't get into the SageTV web server? I've got both Java 7 and 8 installed, but just get a 'forbidden' page when I try. This just happened within the last month, when uninstalling and reinstalling some plugins. Driving me nuts, but from what you're saying, Java 8 shouldn't be the problem.
I can't say why it would not work for you... We'd need to see logs... but, I access the sagetv server using...

http://192.168.1.10:8080/sage

where 192.168.1.10 is my server's IP.

Here's link a sample index.html that I use on my setup (since in Java 8 /apps doesn't work)

https://gist.github.com/stuckless/85...f7c676c9494ee5
Old 01-06-2017, 12:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I can't say why it would not work for you... We'd need to see logs... but, I access the sagetv server using...

Here's link a sample index.html that I use on my setup (since in Java 8 /apps doesn't work)

ok, thanks - that's the structure I use as well. I must have deleted something that relied on something else in the plugin structure somewhere
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 01-06-2017, 04:24 PM
Sage Aficionado

is your version of java 7 the 32 bit version?
Old 01-06-2017, 04:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by trallyus View Post
is your version of java 7 the 32 bit version?
correct - W7, 32 bit

Now I'm getting the following:

"HTTP ERROR 403. Problem accessing /. Reason: FORBIDDEN"

Java 7 has been reinstalled, and I uninstalled/reinstalled a few plugins. I'm certain the userass is correct, and my ports are fine, so this is a mystery so far.

Last edited by tvmaster2; 01-06-2017 at 04:33 PM.
Old 01-06-2017, 05:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
correct - W7, 32 bit

Now I'm getting the following:

"HTTP ERROR 403. Problem accessing /. Reason: FORBIDDEN"

Java 7 has been reinstalled, and I uninstalled/reinstalled a few plugins. I'm certain the userass is correct, and my ports are fine, so this is a mystery so far.
Do you have an index.html file in the jetty/static dir, if not, then forbidden might be correct.
Old 01-06-2017, 05:59 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:

What webserver are you using as the link for the server using your example should be

http://192.168.1.10:8080/sage/Home

As that is what I use to access my version of the Sage TV Web Interface.

I changed the ip to match your example Stuckless as well as the port number but your leaving off the /Home at the end of your example
Old 01-06-2017, 09:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Do you have an index.html file in the jetty/static dir, if not, then forbidden might be correct.
thanks, i'll check that. I can log into sagem, but that's it.

OK, there's no index file in there. Wonder where it went...

Last edited by tvmaster2; 01-06-2017 at 10:25 PM.
Old 01-07-2017, 04:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
thanks, i'll check that. I can log into sagem, but that's it.

OK, there's no index file in there. Wonder where it went...
See my comments here as well...

https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/sho...7&postcount=24
Old 01-07-2017, 06:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
What I don't understand is WHY it worked in the first place, for say... EVER.
I appreciate you trying to help, but other than uninstalling and re-installing plugins, my knowledge as to why or why not a file was or was not there isn't very strong. I'd just assume that uninstalling BMT, etc, then reinstalling would cure the problem, but that didn't happen.
If editing of Sage Properties was and is always needed to make this feature work, or something in the registry, then that's where my expertise falls short.

I inserted the index.htm file into the static-dir, but same result: forbidden
Old 01-08-2017, 04:50 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
What I don't understand is WHY it worked in the first place, for say... EVER.
I appreciate you trying to help, but other than uninstalling and re-installing plugins, my knowledge as to why or why not a file was or was not there isn't very strong. I'd just assume that uninstalling BMT, etc, then reinstalling would cure the problem, but that didn't happen.
If editing of Sage Properties was and is always needed to make this feature work, or something in the registry, then that's where my expertise falls short.

I inserted the index.htm file into the static-dir, but same result: forbidden
I didn't mention anything my post about editing sage.properties... so no, editing sage properties to make this work is not required.

FORBIDDEN in web server terms is somewhat generic... it absolutely has nothing to do with requiring a username/password, though, since there is a different error for that.

Did you try the 3 things in my linked post? These are somewhat common actions... like clearing the browser cache, which has nothing to do with sagetv, but might help.

Lastly... maybe you can post the sagetv_0.txt log file and we can see if there is anything in there.
Old 01-08-2017, 10:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I didn't mention anything my post about editing sage.properties... so no, editing sage properties to make this work is not required.

FORBIDDEN in web server terms is somewhat generic... it absolutely has nothing to do with requiring a username/password, though, since there is a different error for that.

Did you try the 3 things in my linked post? These are somewhat common actions... like clearing the browser cache, which has nothing to do with sagetv, but might help.

Lastly... maybe you can post the sagetv_0.txt log file and we can see if there is anything in there.
Ok, thanks. I'll see if I can figure this out.