SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Github Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Github Development Discussion related to SageTV Open Source Development. Use this forum for development topics about the Open Source versions of SageTV, hosted on Github.

Old 01-08-2017, 10:23 AM
Sage User

Could this be a permissions issue? Could SageTV be unable to write to disk? Does SageTV need to write to disk just to go through the "add a device" process and/or channel scan? That said, I do see it creates a file "SilicondustHDHomeRunTuner1036CB4D0DigitalTVTuner-0.mpgbuf" when I clicked on "Digital TV Tuner" and got an error message.

I'm curious about some of the (relatively) new options in the HDHR Setup:

1) Under the DVR tab (which I don't remember seeing before) there's the checkbox for "Use this TV for making recordings," with an associated path. I assume this is for some sort of native HDHR DVR capability that's been added to the HDHR software. Out of sheer desperation I tried checking it and setting it to my SageTV recording directory, but this was no help.

2) Under the Advanced tab, there's "Virtual Channel Table mode" which is currently set to "auto".
Old 01-08-2017, 10:25 AM
Sage User

I should mention I'm exclusively using HDHR3-US devices -- four of them, for a total of eight channels.
Old 01-08-2017, 10:41 AM
SageTVaholic

Some thoughts....

- run sagetv as admin
- go into the registry and ensure "everyone" has full access to the Frey level and below.

k
Old 01-08-2017, 10:50 AM
Sage User

I've tried running it as admin a couple times, but it made no difference.

Everyone does seem to have access in the registry.
Old 01-09-2017, 03:20 PM
Sage

I'm wondering if maybe you don't have an MPEG2 decoder installed..and V9 does not contain one. But if you install V7 and then install V9 on top of that...then you'll have an MPEG2 decoder.

If you post your logfile from the failure in V9, that'll help narrow down the issue.
Old 01-10-2017, 11:14 PM
Sage User

Alas, I've given up and went back to v7 for the time being.

I've run k-lite codec pack for years, so there should be no issue with MPEG2 decoders -- I also tried using codectweaktool to fix broken codecs, reregister codecs, etc.
Old 01-11-2017, 02:02 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerva View Post
Alas, I've given up and went back to v7 for the time being.

I've run k-lite codec pack for years, so there should be no issue with MPEG2 decoders -- I also tried using codectweaktool to fix broken codecs, reregister codecs, etc.
Without a logfile posted, we'll never know.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 08-22-2017, 06:43 PM
Sage User

I am having the same issue. Everything was working fine in v7, but I upgraded to v9 to take advantage of the Schedules Direct integration. I installed SageTV v9 over v7 on Windows XP. I believe my HD Homerun tuner is the original model (HDHR-US), but it has served me well for OTA use. When I perform a channel scan in SageTV, it cannot find any channels. I can view channels without any issues when using the HDHomeRun Config utility. Any assistance is greatly appreciated!
Attached Files
File Type: zip sagetv_0.zip (64.5 KB, 125 views)
Old 08-22-2017, 08:07 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CsquaredIN View Post
I am having the same issue. Everything was working fine in v7, but I upgraded to v9 to take advantage of the Schedules Direct integration. I installed SageTV v9 over v7 on Windows XP. I believe my HD Homerun tuner is the original model (HDHR-US), but it has served me well for OTA use. When I perform a channel scan in SageTV, it cannot find any channels. I can view channels without any issues when using the HDHomeRun Config utility. Any assistance is greatly appreciated!
Looks like you're using 9.1.5. There was a fix listed in the 9.1.6 change log for ATSC scanning returning blank channels. Yours all return ".

https://github.com/google/sagetv/blo...r/CHANGELOG.md
Old 08-22-2017, 08:34 PM
Sage User

I installed 9.1.6, removed the HDHR tuners as video sources, re-added the tuners, and performed a channel scan. However, the channel scan found 0 tunable channels.

When I installed 9.1.5 and 9.1.6, I got this error: "Module C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVEVRPrstr.dll failed to register. HRESULT -2147024770."
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sage9_InstallError.JPG (75.9 KB, 127 views)
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetv_0.txt (363.8 KB, 128 views)
Old 08-22-2017, 09:18 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I installed 9.1.6, removed the HDHR tuners as video sources, re-added the tuners, and performed a channel scan. However, the channel scan found 0 tunable channels.

When I installed 9.1.5 and 9.1.6, I got this error: "Module C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVEVRPrstr.dll failed to register. HRESULT -2147024770."
Looks like that didn't change anything for you. I just curious but do you actually need to do the scan? I just looked at my V9 HDHR OTA setup and have never run one. I just went through the list and turned off channels I didn't want and duplicate ones.
Old 08-23-2017, 05:01 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
That error is normal on XP as XP does not support EVR and has nothing to do with the channel scan.

k
Old 08-23-2017, 10:34 AM
Sage Advanced User

Had that error with SageTV installer recently. Did something happen to disrupt any of your attempts at an install? By that I mean power outage or a crash of any sort?

Anyway, back up wizbin etc. and then uninstall and reinstall java and try again. That worked for me. It should fix your hdhomerun/opendct problems as well.

Last edited by boukmandutty; 08-23-2017 at 10:37 AM.
Old 08-23-2017, 10:38 AM
Sage Aficionado

Have you verified the BDA compatibility mode in the HDHomerun config program is still set to SageTV?
Old 08-23-2017, 03:27 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnjj View Post
Looks like that didn't change anything for you. I just curious but do you actually need to do the scan? I just looked at my V9 HDHR OTA setup and have never run one. I just went through the list and turned off channels I didn't want and duplicate ones.
I get numerous "Halt Detected in Recording. This may be caused by a channel that is no longer available" warnings/errors when trying to record on any channel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
That error is normal on XP as XP does not support EVR and has nothing to do with the channel scan.

k
OK, I just wanted to mention it just in case it was important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trk2 View Post
Have you verified the BDA compatibility mode in the HDHomerun config program is still set to SageTV?
Yes.
Old 08-23-2017, 04:15 PM
Sage Icon

I think at least one other user had issues with firewall software. The V7 sage had been granted permission but the V9 is seen as a different application.
Old 08-23-2017, 07:55 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnjj View Post
I think at least one other user had issues with firewall software. The V7 sage had been granted permission but the V9 is seen as a different application.
I checked the box to add an exception for "SageTV 9" and "SageTV 9 Service Control," but that didn't resolve the issue. I looked at the firewall log to see which packets were being dropped and noted their destination. I had to add exceptions for UDP 1064 and UDP 4832 and now everything seems to be working fine. Are these ports documented somewhere or are they unique to my setup somehow?

Thanks to everyone who took the time to help me out.
Old 08-23-2017, 08:13 PM
SageTVaholic

What plugins do you have? Those ports don't sound standard to me and maybe a plugin is using them. Of course I could be wrong.
Old 08-23-2017, 08:42 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPhoenix View Post
What plugins do you have? Those ports don't sound standard to me and maybe a plugin is using them. Of course I could be wrong.
Is there an easy way to export a list? It says I have 59 plugins installed, but I don't think I installed all of them. SRE and Live PVR Data Server (and their dependencies) are really the only ones I care about.

The two ports I opened are receiving data from the two tuners in my HDHomeRun.
Old 08-24-2017, 05:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Is there an easy way to export a list? It says I have 59 plugins installed, but I don't think I installed all of them. SRE and Live PVR Data Server (and their dependencies) are really the only ones I care about.

The two ports I opened are receiving data from the two tuners in my HDHomeRun.
For V7+ SageTV the plugins are listed in your properties file. It might also have entries for ports if used as well - it might not as well so just guessing on my part here. The two you list could be using ports but I would think they would need internet access not tuner access so possibly not them. Hopefully someone else knows more about ports UDP 1064 and UDP 4832.