SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 08-27-2008, 07:19 PM
Sage User

Upgraded to 6.4, audio on analog channels doesn't work.

OK,

I saw the upgrade to 6.4 got posted so I installed it. Everything seemed to be working fine, but I noticed that audio from analog channels does not pass through SPIDF anymore. AC3 (dolby digital) works fine.

I tried changing the audio filter to MPEG, AC3filter, default, and Sage TV filter. MPEG and default allow both digital and analog channels to work, but everything is formated for PCM.

AC3filter and Sage TV filter let full 5.1 AC3 work on digital channels, but analog channels are silent.

Everything was working in 6.3.10. What gives?
Old 08-28-2008, 12:25 AM
Sage Aficionado

I had a similar problem. I found that the MPEG2 box was now ticked. My reciver cant decode MPEG2 audio. After un-ticking this box, normality was resumed!

I've attached a screen shot to make it a little clearer. The screen shot shows how it should look. This is the SPDIF control panel, which I get to by opening up windows media player, going 'Tools', 'Options..', 'DVD' Tab, 'Advanced...'.

If this doesn't help, I'd submit a support request. They are usually very quick in responding.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg spdif passthrough.JPG (68.2 KB, 206 views)