SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Github Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Github Development Discussion related to SageTV Open Source Development. Use this forum for development topics about the Open Source versions of SageTV, hosted on Github.

Old 12-09-2016, 02:48 PM
Sage Advanced User

Playing Live TV/Recording Crash V7-V9

Hey all some more help needed in my v7-v9 upgrade.

Not surprised really, I have been using sage for a while, and it was bound to have issues.

I can load up the program, play already recorded files/shows, however when go to play live tv, test a channel, or commence a recording sage will crash.

This is for my HDPVR driver version 1.7.30059.1

I recently upgraded this driver and my video quality went way down, but that is another issue.

Im assuming a log may help with this, where do I find the relevant information?
Old 12-10-2016, 01:07 AM
Sage Advanced User

I solved the video quality issue, just need to look into why it crashes.

I tried to add new source and select the hdpvr, but it still crashes as soon as the video starts to play
Old 12-12-2016, 02:07 PM
Sage

If you posted the sagetv_0.txt log file when it crashes, that should help figure it out. Be sure you turned on debug logging first in Detailed Setup->Advanced
Old 12-13-2016, 02:57 PM
Sage Advanced User

I cut out a bit of the file as requested.

the crash should be around the 13:51-13:52 time frame

Also I dont seem to have any favorites from the upgrade.

Did I read about renaming a .corrupt file or something ?
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetv_0cut.txt (118.2 KB, 147 views)
Old 12-14-2016, 01:11 PM
Sage

There's definitely something weird going on...there's lots of errors relating to starting recording with the HDPVR. Since you said you upgraded the driver recently...I'd try going back to what version you had before, that may fix that problem. It's very likely related to the crash as well (even though it's actually crashing on playback).

For the problem with the Favorites, if you send me the sagetv_0.txt log file (be sure you grab it shortly after startup, the one you posted doesn't have the startup in it) when you put your old Wiz.bin file back then that'll tell me why the Favorites didn't survive most likely. I don't know of any specific reason why that would happen...because it shouldn't.
Old 12-16-2016, 04:31 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex View Post
There's definitely something weird going on...there's lots of errors relating to starting recording with the HDPVR. Since you said you upgraded the driver recently...I'd try going back to what version you had before, that may fix that problem. It's very likely related to the crash as well (even though it's actually crashing on playback).

For the problem with the Favorites, if you send me the sagetv_0.txt log file (be sure you grab it shortly after startup, the one you posted doesn't have the startup in it) when you put your old Wiz.bin file back then that'll tell me why the Favorites didn't survive most likely. I don't know of any specific reason why that would happen...because it shouldn't.
Hi thanks for your help.

The new driver worked with v7, also works with the Hauppauge Capture program.

It SHOULD still work with v9 ?

I started a fresh sage_0.txt
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetv_0.txt (354.7 KB, 143 views)
Old 12-16-2016, 01:24 PM
Sage

That database it is loading has zero Favorites in it (or any data created relating to intelligent recording) and only a single Watched entry and zero Wasted entries (which are logged when a recording is deleted). This looks EXACTLY like what would happen if you set:

wizard/clearprofile=true

in your Sage.properties file. SageTV will revert that setting to false after it does the clearing, so you would not see it being set that way still. Did you set that value for some reason? I don't know of any other way it would get changed aside from manually modifying it (unless somebody built a plugin that allows you to do it, but I haven't heard of that)

And I see the problem for the HDPVR now, there's a registry setting that isn't there that should be..this has come up before with the V9 installer for some reason (although not everyone seems to have this problem).

This post here explains it: https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/sho...1&postcount=22
Old 12-16-2016, 01:36 PM
SageTVaholic

Can you check your registry re that post and report back? Also, whats the OS version?

k
Old 12-17-2016, 03:22 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
That database it is loading has zero Favorites in it (or any data created relating to intelligent recording) and only a single Watched entry and zero Wasted entries (which are logged when a recording is deleted). This looks EXACTLY like what would happen if you set:

wizard/clearprofile=true

in your Sage.properties file. SageTV will revert that setting to false after it does the clearing, so you would not see it being set that way still. Did you set that value for some reason? I don't know of any other way it would get changed aside from manually modifying it (unless somebody built a plugin that allows you to do it, but I haven't heard of that)

And I see the problem for the HDPVR now, there's a registry setting that isn't there that should be..this has come up before with the V9 installer for some reason (although not everyone seems to have this problem).

This post here explains it: https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/sho...1&postcount=22
I didnt need to do the registry thing, running as admin seemed to have worked for the HDPVR.

I still need to work on my favorites however. I did not change any info.

Is there a file that stores the favorites to see if its there? or it has the right information?

I have alot of errors from a failed phoenix install, and blank system notifications. This was all from V7. I wonder if Im just better off starting from scratch.

If so Is there a way to migrate previous recordings from v7?

This machine runs windows 10 x64
Old 12-18-2016, 06:49 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sector7g View Post
I didnt need to do the registry thing, running as admin seemed to have worked for the HDPVR.

I still need to work on my favorites however. I did not change any info.

Is there a file that stores the favorites to see if its there? or it has the right information?

I have alot of errors from a failed phoenix install, and blank system notifications. This was all from V7. I wonder if Im just better off starting from scratch.

If so Is there a way to migrate previous recordings from v7?

This machine runs windows 10 x64
Recordings should migrate automatically if you have the recording directory setup to point at them.

Favorites are only stored in the Wiz.bin/bak files, which are the SageTV database. The only way to get them back is if you have a backup copy of it from before. SageTV will make a backup every time you upgrade...but with all the flipping back and forth, it may have overwrote that backup copy on a subsequent upgrade attempt.
Old 12-19-2016, 02:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Recordings should migrate automatically if you have the recording directory setup to point at them.

Favorites are only stored in the Wiz.bin/bak files, which are the SageTV database. The only way to get them back is if you have a backup copy of it from before. SageTV will make a backup every time you upgrade...but with all the flipping back and forth, it may have overwrote that backup copy on a subsequent upgrade attempt.
I do have an old copy of mt sage fold that should have some of the favorites.

I also have a wiz.bincorrut_0 and corrupt_1
Old 12-20-2016, 12:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sector7g View Post
I do have an old copy of mt sage fold that should have some of the favorites.

I also have a wiz.bincorrut_0 and corrupt_1
I'd expect the corrupt ones are from when it was saved with V9 and then V7 tried to load it.
Old 12-21-2016, 02:49 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I'd expect the corrupt ones are from when it was saved with V9 and then V7 tried to load it.
I tried renaming a couple of the corrupt versions. ( I had 5 not 2) and it did not result in any change.

I do also have a wiz.binSagetvV7.1.9.256

Would renaming this bring back fav's ?

Edit: I tried it, no Dice

Last edited by Sector7g; 12-21-2016 at 02:52 AM.
Old 12-21-2016, 02:11 PM
Sage

That version of the backup was likely overwritten when doing back and forth upgrades/downgrades. If you have an older one...then it might have the information in it.