SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Github Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Github Development Discussion related to SageTV Open Source Development. Use this forum for development topics about the Open Source versions of SageTV, hosted on Github.

Old 11-06-2016, 01:02 PM
Sage User

Sage V9.0.9.411 Doesn't Let Windows Sleep

I have the opposite problem as another forum member recently posted. Ever since using the V9.0.9.411 Windows installer exe to install over my previous version of V9, my computer will not go to sleep when SageTV is in Standby.

I'm running Windows 7 x64 with all Windows updates installed, along with the latest Java, and OpenDCT for working with my HDHomeRun Prime tuner.

If I completely Exit SageTV, the computer will go to sleep.

I'm wondering if I should completely uninstall SageTV and reinstall. Is there a way to do this without losing all of my tuner settings, favorites and recordings?
Old 11-07-2016, 01:15 PM
Sage

First, you can see if SageTV is maybe telling Windows the wrong thing. To do this, first enable debug logging in Detailed Setup->Advanced. Then quit SageTV, edit the Sage.properties file and set:

debug_pm=true

Then run SageTV again, and after you have a situation where you think it should have gone to sleep but didn't, post the sagetv_0.txt log file from then and also indicate what time you think it should have gone to sleep so we can look in the log to see what power management state it believes it should be in.