SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v9 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v9 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 9 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 9 and newer.

Old 11-04-2016, 11:13 AM
Sage Advanced User

Update

Sorry for the delay this project went a different route a bit. After testing the Androidish UI for a while I wasnt a fan of how it functioned...More importantly my wife wasn't either. The menu across the top and getting back to it just wasn't intuative at all.

So I am making some adjustments and tidy some things up. I do hope to have a new function build soon.
Old 11-07-2016, 04:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollegeProject View Post
Sorry for the delay this project went a different route a bit. After testing the Androidish UI for a while I wasnt a fan of how it functioned...More importantly my wife wasn't either. The menu across the top and getting back to it just wasn't intuative at all.

So I am making some adjustments and tidy some things up. I do hope to have a new function build soon.
So what UI design are you leaning toward now?
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 11-08-2016, 12:10 PM
Sage Advanced User

the end is near!! I am wrapping up the final details this and next week 90% of what needs to be done is functioning and functioning well. I hope to have a beta build soon for all. I went with the more "leanback" UI look of android and honestly me and my wife like it and think it works. Not if you don't like the "MCE" color blue it is customizable to any color of your liking.

This is the "up next" section it shows your 3 recent recordings and your 3 next episodes to watch. it can be configured for more than 6.

Old 11-08-2016, 12:12 PM
Sage Advanced User

Here is a look at the shows process. I tried hard to mimic the growing of the menu items when selected and the speed at which android pops things in and out.

I went back and fourth with episodes and this is what I settled on it works well in my testing

And on the episode selection a right and left will scroll you through the seasons quickly and efficiently. Sorry for the yellow studio line

Old 11-08-2016, 12:14 PM
Sage Advanced User

Finally a quick look at playing options and a "on now" section which shows the current shows on the guide now. I also have a full blown grid guide but it isn't looking the prettiest yet and may not as we won't use it ;(

Old 11-10-2016, 05:51 PM
Sage Advanced User

I put a new dev.xml up on the GitHub page. If you looked under zipped project you will see the XML or the zipped XML to download. Put that into your sagetv\sagetv folder to install. I am looking into how to submit v9 plugins.

I have been using this a couple of days with not much issue. Please let me know any you find. I hope to have it submitted soon so you don't have to manually grab the XML.

It seems very fast and response on the Mi box. The guide is there although very basic. I plan on making a how-to soon on editing the properties files for the menu items and vfs views you want until I get this added in the ui.
Old 11-10-2016, 08:45 PM
Sage Advanced User

Just pushed another build adding in next episode screen and fixing some minor issues.
Old 11-11-2016, 05:12 AM

Nice CollegeProject
Old 11-11-2016, 09:48 AM
Sage User

The screenshots are looking amazing! I'd be very interested in beta testing this once you have a beta build. A couple quick questions.

1. Will an upcoming build include the standard grid style guide? even what's included in standard svti. Or what do you have planned for evaluating "what's on" live tv? While it's only used 2-3% of the time in my home, it's certainly a must have in a DVR setup.

2. Instructions on git say the stvi works with sage v7. Can you confirm that it works with both v7 and v9?
Old 11-11-2016, 11:31 AM
Sage User

Ok, I'll be the first to admit....I'm dumb as a bag of rocks. Can someone give me a step by step on how to install this. I followed the Readme directions on Github, but all I get when I open Sage is a background and the blue menu sidebar....nothing else. Same results on PC and Shield. Thanks.
Old 11-11-2016, 11:42 AM
Sage Advanced User

The instructions are old all you need is the sagetv dev.xml I need to change that. As for for v7 it is v9 only but I honestly don't know that it wouldn't work on 7. If you wanna try it on 7 PM me and I'll send you a test xml to give it a shot. I don't recall any v9 specific stuff I use yet.
Old 11-11-2016, 11:43 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cculpepp View Post
Ok, I'll be the first to admit....I'm dumb as a bag of rocks. Can someone give me a step by step on how to install this. I followed the Readme directions on Github, but all I get when I open Sage is a background and the blue menu sidebar....nothing else. Same results on PC and Shield. Thanks.
See the first post on this it's a plugin now. I'll update GitHub all you need is the sagetv dev.xml zipped from the zipped folder put that in your sagetv\sagetv folder and then install the ui mod through the plugins of sagetv
Old 11-11-2016, 12:12 PM
Sage Advanced User

I have submitted into V9 repository so hopefully will show up for all soon.

Please leave issues on Github for now as it will get to hard for me to track in this single thread. Maybe if we get a subforum open (cough Andy) we can tack a bit better

I am working on a wiki for editing the main menu since I don't allow that in the UI now.
Old 11-11-2016, 01:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Before you get a subforum you need to name this thing

'CollegeProject for SageTV' just doesn't have enough zip...

btl.
Old 11-11-2016, 01:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
Before you get a subforum you need to name this thing

'CollegeProject for SageTV' just doesn't have enough zip...

btl.
Call it what you want...I prefer to hopefully call it an "A" passing grade
Old 11-11-2016, 06:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

New build

Just pushed a new build update when it arrives. There was a important looping fix I made to the stvi. You can always grab the build quicker from Github. I will put daily/quicker builds on there. If it isn't a critical update like this one I don't plan on pushing up to sage until allot is fixed to save constant updating needed. But feel free to grab the dev.xml anytime.

STVi V 1.14
API V 1.27
  • Fixed next episode screen from looping
  • Fixed next episode screen, play next episode to work
  • Fixed focus coming back from other menus to not be on submenu
  • Fixed focus wouldn't set on show if you had watched last episode
Old 11-13-2016, 11:12 AM
Sage User

Just tried the latest build on 9.0.9.441. overall I really like the layouts. A couple quick questions:

1. which fanart plugins should I have installed? I'm not getting images on "All Shows" view and some are missing on the "On Now" view.

2. How do you go back to the standard STV / Theme? I tried to change in the advanced settings but when leaving the settings the SCP gets re-enabled.
Old 11-13-2016, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateziemann View Post
Just tried the latest build on 9.0.9.441. overall I really like the layouts. A couple quick questions:

1. which fanart plugins should I have installed? I'm not getting images on "All Shows" view and some are missing on the "On Now" view.

2. How do you go back to the standard STV / Theme? I tried to change in the advanced settings but when leaving the settings the SCP gets re-enabled.
You should made have backup copy of your sagetv folder
Any way if can get to setting look for Advanced under Set Fall UI change it back to SaageTV7.xml or close Sage and edit the Sage.properties or SageClient.properties
Look for STV=C\:\\Program Files (x86)\\SageTV\\SageTV\\STVs\\SageTV7\\SageTV7.xml
Restart it
I couldn't get to work at all with SageTV Client it would just lock the app so I guest that he start doing SageTV/Server side thing for now.
Old 11-13-2016, 11:59 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHS View Post
You should made have backup copy of your sagetv folder
Any way if can get to setting look for Advanced under Set Fall UI change it back to SaageTV7.xml or close Sage and edit the Sage.properties or SageClient.properties
Look for STV=C\:\\Program Files (x86)\\SageTV\\SageTV\\STVs\\SageTV7\\SageTV7.xml
Restart it
I couldn't get to work at all with SageTV Client it would just lock the app so I guest that he start doing SageTV/Server side thing for now.
Actually that won't disable it. You just need to go into installed plugins and disable it.

As for fanart you need bmt. I can't get all images on the on now but j do pull from multiple sources to try. That's automatic and doesn't use bmt.

What issues are you having on the client? It "should" work but I dont have a client to test but happy to help figure out why it isn't.
Old 11-13-2016, 12:03 PM
Sage Advanced User

SHS if you would like to work with me through email happy to debug client and get it working. I am probably just missing a basic setting it likey should work because I set all properties and such based of uicontext.